Games that ramped up difficulty and dang near destroyed the experience

Innocent Bystander

Jan 29, 2012
Morti said:
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Uncharted 3, mainly because I was thrown off by past experiences and previous Uncharted games.

I've played Uncharted 2 on Crushing, and while fucking annoying, it was still beatable. I turn on Uncharted 3 on Normal and holy shit, I wasn't expecting Drake to be that much of a knockover. In Uncharted 2 Normal, it played like an action movie -- find cover, jump on this, shoot this dude, run to cover, beat this guy up, throw a grenade. And playing co-op on Normal, it's regular Uncharted Normal, Drake surviving massive amounts of shots at once while easily punching out a thug. In Uncharted 3 Normal, it goes -- find cover, jump on this, get shot twice by some guy with a machine pistol from eighty feet away, die.

It's pissing me off, playing half of the game from cover instead of running around like Drake has ants in his shoes while shooting everyone with a shotgun.
Wait till you meet the fire guys, they would be my nomination for this thread.
Believe it or not, I played through most of the sections with the fire guys while staying on the run instead of behind cover. There were just so many of them that I got flanked if I stopped moving for too long. The one thing that makes it beatable is that there are all those grenade launchers and RPGs and other high power weapons lying around.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
Skyrim has a pretty retarded difficulty curve. Its kinda ridiculous how you can go through a single dungeon, have absolutely no trouble takin on 2, 3, sometimes 4 guys at once then all a sudden, bam...one shot. There was one point in particular that literally made me stop playin the game. Some random lighthouse in the north you're goin through, slowly killin stuff as you make your way through the caves. Then you drop down into a pit and you're facin 2-4 of those bug lookin things at once. Then you get to the very end and face 2 of the bugs and a giant crazy bug that can one shot you from close range or two shot you from long range. Fuck that place so hard.

mattyg118

Jan 10, 2012
Zedonius in NG2 Master Ninja Mode. Took soooo many tries in Chapter 10 and 15. That is, before I realized the dual katana 360T existed.

Burrito With Legs

Jan 27, 2012
Super Meat Boy was still fun even after beating it, but I'd like to point out that some of the Glitch Levels are pretty ridiculous. Seriously, what the HELL.