Games that Should be Made INTO MOVIES!

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
I cant think of any game that should have a movie beased off of the game itself. however the settings of some games would make good movies, bioshock, fallout, half life, mass effect all have settings good for movies so long as the movie doesnt follow the game itself

Blubberburg

Sep 17, 2009
Saints Row, would just love to see Jonny and some of the other people be really excited and happy to kill tons of people as actual people, it wouldnt be a good movie, but a fun movie, kinda like the expendables

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Bioshock could work, the storyline would need to be completely rebuilt from scratch though for it to be any good, more atmospheric and less fighting I would guess, and only a few (possibly one) little sister.

The-Bad-Blooded

Jan 6, 2011
spartandude said:
I cant think of any game that should have a movie beased off of the game itself. however the settings of some games would make good movies, bioshock, fallout, half life, mass effect all have settings good for movies so long as the movie doesnt follow the game itself
Well, I'm not sure that would work...
the same thing happened with Resident Evil, all they practically did was call the movie 'Resident Evil' and put some Zombies in it, but It really had nothing to do with the game, and frankly, i hated it, they turned what was meant as a survival-horror into an action movie, and it was pretty bad...

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
captaincabbage said:
OT: If I HAD to choose a game to become a movie I'd probably go with Uncharted or Uncharted 2. At least then we'd pretty much get Indiana Jones, and there's nothing wrong with that.
Why not just watch the Indiana Jones trilogy? FFS, I don't see why people are jerking off on the Uncharted series. It was essentially a Tomb Raider game for chicks...

brighteye

Feb 5, 2009
How about a Beyond good and evil movie or an xcom one ?
Also if they could do the visuals, The longest journey.
( ...and we could perhaps find out how it all ends ?)

NeuroticDogDad

Apr 28, 2010
The later Final Fantasy games. They are films. If you had a DVD of a film that occasionally asked you to press play a couple of times that would be more of a game than FF.
Maybe now they could do one better than Spirits Within...

Freechoice

Dec 6, 2010
The-Bad-Blooded said:
Well, I'm not sure that would work...
the same thing happened with Resident Evil, all they practically did was call the movie 'Resident Evil' and put some Zombies in it, but It really had nothing to do with the game, and frankly, i hated it, they turned what was meant as a survival-horror into an action movie, and it was pretty bad...
They turned RE4 into an action game and it turned out great! Doc Salvy scares me to this day.

Matrixbeast said:
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Win.

cthulhumythos

Aug 28, 2009
The-Bad-Blooded said:
Uhmmm, well, I can think of many MANY great games that could make the transition, only if executed by the Right people!

i'm thinking:
- Street Fighter
- Red Dead Redemption
- Legend of Zelda (but of course, it would have to be OoT)
- Fire Emblem

I honestly think I could write a good screenplay, and might do-so if i have an extra 3 weeks to spare...
I hate to think that some of the directors who will take these-on will screw them-up so much.
if any of those ^^^ movies are ever made (apart from Street Fighter, which was effed-up) I hate to think what would happen, then if they were made RIGHT, people wouldn't see them because of what was shown before...
(i think majora's mask would be better, if pulled off right)

The-Bad-Blooded

Jan 6, 2011
cthulhumythos said:
The-Bad-Blooded said:
Uhmmm, well, I can think of many MANY great games that could make the transition, only if executed by the Right people!

i'm thinking:
- Street Fighter
- Red Dead Redemption
- Fire Emblem

I honestly think I could write a good screenplay, and might do-so if i have an extra 3 weeks to spare...
I hate to think that some of the directors who will take these-on will screw them-up so much.
if any of those ^^^ movies are ever made (apart from Street Fighter, which was effed-up) I hate to think what would happen, then if they were made RIGHT, people wouldn't see them because of what was shown before...
I'm not so sure, Ocarina had a great story, with some memorable characters and great bossfights, but Majora's mask always seemed to me like leftover filler, practically all of the character models are leftover from OoT, 90% of the gameplay in MM was pointless filler, and the Moon... 0_0... not a fan...
I honestly think that if a Legend of Zelda movie were ever made, it would have to be of OoT, but I would like to hear why you think MM would work better.

blind_dead_mcjones

Oct 16, 2010
a game based on the armored core series could work if done right, especially if they showed multiple perspectives and kept the action to a minmum as opposed to explosions every five minutes.

all that really needs to be done is to get someone other than the hollywood studios to handle it

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
warcraft4life said:
Nope, Never, don't even think about it,

Dunno whether you noticed, but Hollywood BUTCHERS EVERYTHING.

Edit : Yeah though, Bioshock could work, it needs knocked down a pedal...
I would agree, but found the perfect candidate. Borderlands.
Most games with their cutscenes and interactive content have far too much story to tell in the course of one movie. Borderlands solved that problem by having so little story that it could be a short film. 4 minutes of cut-scene and story padded out with shots of each of the 4 PCs shooting each of the 6 or so different enemies in the game. The game padded it out by making you do the same fetch-quests vs the same enemies over and over for hours. The movie could cover all that in 20 minutes or so.

Trako

Jul 23, 2008
As long as Uwe Boll and Michael Bay are around, please, god no.

If by some miracle they get out of directing, or we get good directors (Del Toro, Peter Jackson, etc.) for the projects: Fallout, X-Com, Mass Effect, Halo, Duke Nukem, Star Control.

cthulhumythos

Aug 28, 2009
The-Bad-Blooded said:
cthulhumythos said:
The-Bad-Blooded said:

i'm thinking:
- Street Fighter
- Red Dead Redemption
- Fire Emblem

I'm not so sure, Ocarina had a great story, with some memorable characters and great bossfights, but Majora's mask always seemed to me like leftover filler, practically all of the character models are leftover from OoT, 90% of the gameplay in MM was pointless filler, and the Moon... 0_0... not a fan...
I honestly think that if a Legend of Zelda movie were ever made, it would have to be of OoT, but I would like to hear why you think MM would work better.
okay. well for one thing i've never been a HUGE fan of ocarina; i liked it, but the plot is just a build of "go save the princess" (obviously it's got a little more flair than that, but i digress)

i always found majora's mask more intriguing and it really changes the style of game play (having 4 characters to play, using masks for one purpose or another) plus the game was really dark, not a step i think nintendo usually takes. while it would be difficult to implement mechanics like form changing masks and constantly going back in time three days, if pulled off right, i think the movie would be wonderfully unique.

as for the character models (i'm not going to try to change your opinion of the game, i'm just explaining mine, by the way) i think termina was a parallel world to hyrule, or something like that. i also like how that even though ther were only four ACTUAL dungeons, there were so many side quests that it was practically the same length.

Finally, i fear that OoT would just get formed into "save princess after acquiring magical trinket that has unique magical properties.

The-Bad-Blooded

Jan 6, 2011
cthulhumythos said:
The-Bad-Blooded said:
cthulhumythos said:
The-Bad-Blooded said:

i'm thinking:
- Street Fighter
- Red Dead Redemption
- Fire Emblem

okay. well for one thing i've never been a HUGE fan of ocarina; i liked it, but the plot is just a build of "go save the princess" (obviously it's got a little more flair than that, but i digress)

i always found majora's mask more intriguing and it really changes the style of game play (having 4 characters to play, using masks for one purpose or another) plus the game was really dark, not a step i think nintendo usually takes. while it would be difficult to implement mechanics like form changing masks and constantly going back in time three days, if pulled off right, i think the movie would be wonderfully unique.

as for the character models (i'm not going to try to change your opinion of the game, i'm just explaining mine, by the way) i think termina was a parallel world to hyrule, or something like that. i also like how that even though ther were only four ACTUAL dungeons, there were so many side quests that it was practically the same length.

Finally, i fear that OoT would just get formed into "save princess after acquiring magical trinket that has unique magical properties.
thet's actually a very interesting way of looking at it, and I think it'd maybe do okay as an animated series, but not as a feature-length film, there's be horrible pacing issues, annoying niggling subplots, and it would distract from the actual goal...
which is Why I think OoT is a prima candidate, despite being a 'acquire magical object to save princess' type of movie. but then-again, if it were done right and had it done justice to it, it would turn-out great.
this is probably why these things should be handled by people who have PLAYED the game!
because there's a lot of untapped potential here...

Cobbs

Aug 16, 2008
As previously stated, Half Life would make a good movie (or saga-ish thing).
In fact Valve may aswell just go out and make a Half-Life or Left 4 Dead movie. They've already proven that they're more than capable of making epic and engaging cutscenes (See L4D's cinematics, especially The Sacrifice trailer). All they need to do is make a 90 miunte cutscene and BAM, instant movie magic!

lambsheep

Mar 9, 2010
Aphex Demon said:
Half Life.
YES! This would be awesome! But a Mafia 2 movie would be possible as well, if it would be well done it would be a very good movie.

AndrewOfHell

In-Beta
Dec 8, 2009
The only one I can think would work well as a film would be Silent Hill 2, so long as Michael Bay keeps his grubby paws off it.