Games that SHOULD HAVE a sequel, but don't

Naota_391

Mar 6, 2010
Crimson Skies for sure!

I'd like a proper Wind Waker sequel (not one on the DS, but on the home console). I mean, honestly, all I want is that beautiful art again.

Freedom Fighters could have used a follow-up.

Also, if we're doing that whole "This game needs a follow up, because I don't count the actual sequels that were already released because I don't like them" thing, then I'd like to put Fable: The Lost Chapters out there on the table.

Liam Riordan

Feb 25, 2010
Freelancer.

Microsoft was in the early process of making one, but rushed the original then scrapped the sequel. There is still a fair amount of modding life in it.

Its a very niche space game though.

lowkey_jotunn

Feb 23, 2011
BattleToads!

Make it happen.

Also, agree with these I already saw:
Mirror's Edge
Psychonauts
Eternal Darkness
Vampire the Masquerade (Redemption or Bloodlines. Either could use a direct sequel, or another unrelated V:TM game)

Aug 25, 2010
darkbshadow said:
musicismypulsebecausethecomputerwouldn said:
Strain42 said:
Beyond Good and Evil

Apollo Justice

...There are more, but I can't think of them right now.
They are making a Beyond Good & Evil 2 (about time!) but whether or not it stands up to the reputation of it's predecessor is another story entirely.

These day's it's so hard to come by a game that warrants a sequel and all of the ones that I believe do already have one.
yeah they are making a Beyond Good & Evil 2, however from what I've read we will have to wait till the PS4 and Xbox 720 before they are going to release it. I would so love a current gen version. sadly that doesn't look like it's going to happen.
Yeah, but on the extreme plus side, it'll look effing rad! :p

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Final Fantasy V. The Legend of the Crystals OVA doesn't really count, btw. That's not a game.

Also, Freelancer. I love that damn game.

FirMothoth

Mar 20, 2011
lowkey_jotunn said:
BattleToads!

Make it happen.
Well, there was 'Battle toads and Double Dragon', which might be considered a spin-off rather than a sequel, but there was also 'Battletoads in Battlemaniacs' for the Xbox, which I thought was true enough to the original to be a sequel.