Games that suck, but you still had fun playing.

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
Wanted weapons of fate the curving bullets got old after a while but it was still fun.

The whole game was just run, cover, shoot and curve bullets. Not to mention the boss fights were a piece of piss but yet I still enjoyed it all the same.

EzraPound

Jan 26, 2008
Star Wars: Obi-Wan was fairly mediocre, but brought back memories of Jedi Knight, so I finished it and enjoyed myself in the process.

Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire likewise had problems, but nonetheless was an easy game to complete, and some of the stages - like Hoth - were fun.

Bugs Bunny Birthday Blowout was a fluid platformer in spite of its troubles, and Castlevania 64 come to mind as a flawed, albeit underrated, gem.

Also, Conker's Pocket Tales and Power Quest for the Game Boy.

Xbowhyena

Jan 26, 2009
All the Megaman Battle Networks games, except for number three. Poor cheesy stories, but I played through all of them.

FightThePower

The Voice of Treason
Dec 17, 2008
Shadow the Hedgehog.

One of the worst games I've played yet I had some fun with it if I played Level 2 in a certain way.

Desert Tiger

Apr 25, 2009
JenXXXJen said:
Final Fantasy X-2 was terrible, apparently. Most fun I've had in ages.
The story and voice acting were crap; it raped the epicness that was FF10, and yet I still had fun.

I hate myself for it to this day.

Joa_Belgium

Aug 29, 2009
I enjoyed playing Wanted, even though it was a crappy game in general. One playthrough was enough, I don't think I'd play it again.

Grand_Arcana

Aug 5, 2009
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume, apparently. I might come off as a fanboy but:

It got bad scores for incorporating an interesting plot devise in gameplay. It had a morality system that actually kind of made sense; it was deliciously morbid and strategically logical. And anyone who complains about difficult either sucks at strategy games, or isn't willing to kill a prick or two, in my not so humble opinion.

BloodSquirrel

Jun 23, 2008
Dr. Gorgenflex said:
Satin6T said:
red steel
/thread

you must kill (static noize) with the (static noize) or you will lose points
Same here I had fun with Red Steel even though it was terrible.
I had fun riffing on Red Steel while playing it at a friend's house. It helps that I didn't actually waste any money on it.

Gotham Soul

Aug 12, 2008
Overlord 2. It got irritating when I was farming souls to get new equipment, but other than that it was entertaining and I liked the music.

epicwin1

Jul 19, 2009
Dare I say DMC4, nothing new, killed the old story writers and the whole "lets do the same thing again game mechanic"... but it was pretty, smooth, and addicting despite female characters needing their own physics engine, nuf said!

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Airline Tycoon. Simplistic, shallow, occasionally buggy, and a blast to play.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
Two worlds was enjoyable to me just because I love free roam rpgs. The huge world and vast amount of things to do kept me going for a while.

Kelbear

Aug 31, 2007
I found a way to enjoy /Alone in the Dark 5/. Top THAT!

I just drank it in as a B-movie. Something so bad it's good!