Games that you are terrible at but can't stop playing

Roganzar

Winter is coming
Jun 13, 2009
So I've been thinking about this topic for a while now and finally got around to it.
Which games (genres/specific titles/whatever) do you enjoy playing but are terrible at. I mean really stink at. We are talking a whole bunch of stormtroopers trying to hit a stationary target that has the words "Main Characters" painted on it.
For me it would be RTS games. For some reason I really like playing them but I am just terrible at them. I have to generally put the game on easy to play through the campaign part and get killed in multiplayer 10+ times a match. Yet, still I keep coming back to these things.
Clearly some sort of brain damage or mental deficency.
So, escapists share your game (genres/specific games/) whatever that you're terrible at but still can't help but play.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Heroes of Newerth.
terrible but persistent I am. I've taken to playing Ophelia and just attacking with minions cus if i get close I will without a doubt perish.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Thos thread has been done like 10 times in the last 2 months , funny what you could find with a little research.

OT : im currently playing argrest war :zero and i am terrible at it . I get wiped out more than i care to admit but my gamer pride will not allow me to quit , plus i like the game , i find it fun and the story is interesting enough for me to want to know what happens . And it gives me a big challenge because im not a big tactical rpg person , but im doing it wrong and i know it but i wont stop because :
I wanna be the very best , like no one ever was ...

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
I would have said Fighting Games, but I've been holding my own against online fighters in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, and now I really want that new edition version they are working on.

Mallefunction

Feb 17, 2011
I don't play bad games, but I play games that have a LOT of flaws. AC for example has so many thing wrong with both the story and gameplay (I dun even wanna mention how many times I've died thanks to the 'run' button being the same as 'JUMP OFF THE FUCKING BUILDING') that I love to nitpick at...and yet I love the franchise and I already have Revelations preordered.

It just strikes the right chords with me somehow...

stabbymcstabs

Jun 16, 2011
OptimusPrime33 said:
None, I don't play terrible games, if it's bad I just stop playing immediately.
No not "What games are terrible" its "What games are "YOU" terrible at but cant stop playing it."

For me it would be Killing Floor, man im terrible at it, but its just so fun

PleasantAsAHeadcrab

Jan 22, 2011
Mallefunction said:
I don't play bad games, but I play games that have a LOT of flaws. AC for example has so many thing wrong with both the story and gameplay (I dun even wanna mention how many times I've died thanks to the 'run' button being the same as 'JUMP OFF THE FUCKING BUILDING') that I love to nitpick at...and yet I love the franchise and I already have Revelations preordered.

It just strikes the right chords with me somehow...
YOU CAN ALREADY HAVE REVELATIONS PREORDERED? WHY AM I SO BEHIND.

OP: Uhm...I interpreted this as games that you aren't very good at but you continue to play anyway 'cus they're still kind of fun, and for me that's Portal 2. I'm bloody awful at it 'cus I'm as blind as a fucking bat and it gets reaaally hard to tell where you can and can't portal.
And if I'm wrong, A terrible gamee that I'm playing regardless is...Petz Sea Life or something equally dumb. It's repetitive and Anime-esque, and I'm not sure why I bought it, but I'm too competitive to fold and treat the damage with copious amounts of MGS or something.