Games that you would instantly buy

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
If someone would make the steampunk/fantasy Action/RPG that I've been kicking around in my head for a while, I'd buy that in a heartbeat... It's my dream game.

Wanderer787

Mar 14, 2011
A game that crossed Sins of a Solar Empire and X-COM. Take the fight to the aliens!
Also, I'd love a Pathways into Darkness remake. Ancient temple exploration, crystals which allow you to talk to the dead, and an evil from another universe spawning monsters from its dreams? In HD? Yes please!

And this. Most definitely this.
DeadlyYellow said:
A newly released big-brand title listed for $5.

I'm not going to pay $60 for any game.

KafkaOffTheBeach

Nov 17, 2010
I would totally buy a Mafia-based RTS/RPG hybrid with the small scale battles of CoH or DoW2 combined with the overarching goal and the open endedness of the Total War series set, of course, in the 1930's, reaching over to about the late 1950's.
Honestly.
Just imagine it - taking over street after street, business after business, corner after corner through either muscle, coercion, bribery or diplomacy, only being able to recruit named individuals who have character, personality, special skills and, of course, a couple of faceless goons to deploy when needed during the RTS parts, moving up through the neighborhoods to the districts, and from the districts to whole cities as you try to spread your empire as far as you can.
You'd come into conflict with almost everyone, deciding how to deal with them as you go, dictating the pace of the game. Police performing too many raids, despite the fact that you buffed security and intelligence on your main guys? Then you must have a rat. Do you have a police informant you can use? Do you ignore the problem? Do you guess based on previous arrests? etc. and then - do you kill the guy? Do you simply warn him and hope that word doesn't get out?
So on and so forth obviously.
But I would kill for something like that.

Or a combat based RPG where you are just a random soldier in the middle of a war.
Yeah, you can level up and all that, but really you are just a minor player, doing what you do, surviving. Sure - you might win titles and awards for being skilled at the sword, or for guarding the right person, but really - all you will be is an invested observer.
The most you can be is someone relatively visible, like a personal bodyguard, or a knight/champion, or a companion, or even an executioner - but really, all you will be doing is watching the main players act out the events, whether you choose to affect them or not.
Vague, I know...
Say....in some sort of context, if the setting was Game of Thrones, your character would start off as 'Poorly Armored Generic Guard B' and then, much later on, might hit 'Kingsguard', or even 'Jory'.
Something along those lines.

Yup.
Normally I would be less eloquent, but fuck it.
I'm gloriously drunk and very, very tired.
BUT I would buy either of those games instantly.

EDIT: MORE ELOQUENT
Goddamn...
This is why people should NEVER let me NEAR a computer inebriated.
Thank god for spellcheck or this would be unreadable.

Ayjona

Jul 14, 2008
A full version of Civ IV with asynchronous online play for any smartphone platform.

Firebert

Jan 27, 2009
An action game where you action control your Pokemon in battle. It would be a carbon copy of the other games, just let me fight as the Pokemon! Controls could be like Smash Bros.

TheTutonicDrone

Apr 9, 2011
Any turn based Tactical RPG, that genre has been ignored for so long I feel like I'm the only one who remembers it. A perfect one would combine the gameplay of Warsong with Vandal Hearts 2. It would also be great if the story was good but at this point any new TRPG would be nice.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
Thedek said:
They cost like 70-80 bucks didn't they? I don't remember that well as I was like maybe 10 or so and we largely only got new games for Christmas and birthdays.
As the currency stood back then, yeah. As it is right now, more like 90-100, seeing as the USD is weaker now than back then, at least to my knowledge and in comparison to my (Swedish) currency.

blindthrall

Oct 14, 2009
Besides System Shock 3?

A game with the Skyrim engine but the Planescape setting. An open-world Terminator game would be nice. Or a mix of SimCity and GTA, with one player controlling each respective side.

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
A new Suikoden would be lovely.

First RPG that I'd ever played, and it blew my fucking mind.

Betrayel from a best friend? Cool.

A quick escape to join a ragtag revolutionary group? I can dig it.

Collecting more than (I believe) 200 characters to fill your HQ, which by the way is a castle on an island? So boss.

Waging all out turn based war with thousands of troops against the people you grew up with that happen to be generals?

Coolest thing I've ever done.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
DeadlyYellow said:
A newly released big-brand title listed for $5.

I'm not going to pay $60 for any game.
That would be freaking great. Especially if...

revjor said:
3d open world pokemon rpg.
OH yes, I'd buy multiple copies.

---

I would instantly buy:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Hard Reset on consoles
Open-World Discworld RPG which allows you to play as any of the Disc's races (even Orangutan)
Rock Band or Guitar Hero Japan
Rock Band or Guitar Hero Dethklok

There are more but nothing off the top of my head. Split-Screen and, local co-op would be great in Saint's Row 3 but I'm getting that regardless.

TheDawgg

Jul 11, 2011
A open world game set in the middle ages where you play as a lord trying to get more and more power(and eventually becoming king?). Oh yeah, I would siege the f**k out of some castles.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
An RPG set in a fantasy viking land with dragon, where I can duel wield swords made of glass while beating a wolf to death.

OH WAIT