Games with black protagonists?

Arkliem

Apr 30, 2015
Timesplitters 2 has many protags. The protag of the Wild West era, Elijah Jones, is black.
As stated above, Streets of Rage has Adam in 1, and Skate in 2.
The Elder Scrolls: Redguard follows Cyrus.
1001 Spikes has President Thompson.
If I recall in Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, one of the clans has a black char as the protag.

ommadawnyawn

Jun 17, 2013
Mobygames list for reference (87 and counting):
http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/protagonist-black

The criteria makes the list a lot smaller though.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Well the main character in Limbo is pretty black in fact I dont think I have seen anyone blacker.

ObserverStatus

Aug 27, 2014
Knock knock, it's Knuckles.
https://j3blackgamer.wordpress.com/2015/02/25/black-characters-in-gaming-knuckles-sonic-3-knuckles/

I'm sorry

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
The_Kodu said:
Because from what I've seen from US culture often Black and Person of colour are rather interchangeable.
Than you've seen way fucking wrong. That or your cherrypicking.

As a black woman myself, Black people are often referred to people who are black- or if we are to go into other countries, people from Africa, Haiti, Jamaica, etc. And- you know they all tend to have similar features. That's what we mean by black people

People of color is an all encompassing term that refers to anyone that doesn't go into the "white" category. A term born during the US when Jim Crow and segregation was legal. Here the defining factor was simple- if your skin tone didn't range from Scottish white to California tan you were 'colored'.

People in this category are often black people, Hispanic people, Asian people, and Middle Eastern people.

You wouldn't call an Asian person black. You wouldn't call a Hispanic/Latino person black, you wouldn't call a Middle Eastern person black.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Ikasury said:
Remember Me has Nilin, she's black and a woman, so bonus points? :D

well milado, i think her dad's white with her mom being black... hrm, does that count?
Hate to be that person, but that just looks like they took a white woman model and put the skin tone slider down to tan.

She would pass more as a Middle Eastern/ White mix than a White/Black mix. Unless her mom herself was mixed and married to a white man.

That's really pushing it.