Games worth buying at full price/or release

Samirat

May 22, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Wait til you get to the haunted house. :)
I don't know, I found the crazy, sadistic doctor's place to be the scariest in Vampire, and certainly the place with the greatest concentration of blood, and gore, and random bits of flesh.

BallPtPenTheif

Jun 11, 2008
i have an equation...

each gameplay hour should cost me $1 or less. and it must have an online mode.

so for most games, a minimum of 60 hours of gameplay.

Alpha001

Dec 31, 2007
Come on guys, Half-Life 2 when it was first released. Considering it came with one of the best games ever and CS:S, I'd say it was one hell of a deal

_Serendipity_

Jun 15, 2008
I don't think I'd ever bought a game at full launch price until I bought Super Smash Bros: Brawl a few months ago (bought it on launch day... yes, I am sad), and that was a bit of a letdown.
However, I would have gladly paid full price for the orange box, and probably Morrowind (when it first came out).

@Zakull - Steam/online-distribution is truly the savior of UK PC gaming. Mmmmmmm... tasty American prices...

BallPtPenTheif

Jun 11, 2008
oh...

i probably sound like a fanboy, but Skate is easily worth every penny. i've spent hours just doing tech tricks on a single bus stop. now multiple 2 hours times the number of objects in a world that takes 10 minutes to travel across (long wise).

EDIT: I forgot to mention that EA had a series of online skate contests on their message board. I won 3rd place and received over a $100 in skate gear meaning that the game basically paid for itself.

Rabid Toilet

Mar 23, 2008
Persona 3: FES

Easily over 60 hours of gameplay, only $30 brand new, and one of my favorite RPG's of all time.

TheKbob

Jul 15, 2008
Rabid Toilet said:

Easily over 60 hours of gameplay, only $30 brand new, and one of my favorite RPG's of all time.
Only game I miss not having a PS2 to play. I will wait for them to be like $20 and then track down FES.

Gig_Complex

Apr 8, 2008
Rabid Toilet said:

Pretty much anything that is brought over by Atlus is worth the full price. They're pretty much the reason I plan on getting a PS3 in the near future.

Cpt. Red

Jul 24, 2008
I rarely buy games at full price, except if they are real gems like HL2 and CoD4, and then I buy the games I think will be pretty good after some months, like when I bought Rainbow Six: Vegas, and the ones that Im really unsure about and cant afford I do at time download games, witch I did with Oblivion...
The ones I plan to buy at full price within the year is (to many... ARG!! Im gonna be a poor gamer): Starcraft 2, Fallout 3, GTA4 PC and more...

And over here a new PC game is around $80 and older is around $65-50 while the "best buy" and the a lot older get a price tag around $30-15

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Oh, so many games I've bought were completely and totally worth it, now, if I was in Australlia where games cost me my life savings it would be a different story.

Anyway, it would be easier for me to name games that aren't worth it.

Copter400

Sep 14, 2007
The Orange Box. Don't think of it as paying full price for a new release game, think of it as getting an excellent discount on five really, really good games.