Games you didn't like, but you liked the idea of

aguspal

Aug 19, 2012
Um... Well I guess Dragon Age had an interesting concept in the fights, like the fact that you can tell your ai allies to perform certain actions and all of that crap and its just sad the game itself was so freaking dull and boring. THE most boring and dull game that I have played so far in my 16 years gaming carrer. Quite the archivement, Dragon age.

wabbbit

Jun 15, 2011
Kane and Lynch 1 and 2:
So much potential in there and some things in that game were brilliant - Like the natural moving nightclub in KL1 and a few amazing environmental sets but for the most part it was terrible.

I did however -with a friend- force myself to complete the COOP campaign on both games. Painful is the only word to describe it.

Actually, edit. I'm going to go there.. Skyrim.
When I first saw it I was overwhelmed. Massive maps, decent storyline and more quests than you can swing your staff at - This was my problem with it. Way too much to do even before modding.

Judgment90

Sep 4, 2012
Definitely Brutal Legend.

Being a metalhead and fan of Jack Black, the game had great promise.

And while some ideas did work, most of it was just lackluster.

Tahaneira

Social Justice Rogue
Feb 1, 2011
Gotta jump on the Too Human bandwagon. I'm a massive mythology geek, and I especially love Norse myths, so the concept of a futuristic interpretation of the old stories was pretty much a dream come true. I was so excited about it.

Then I got my hands on it at a con. And... yeah.

What pissed me off the most was that I could still see the potential there. The concepts were all fascinating and I'm still curious about where the story was going. Too bad the gameplay was such an utter, utter disaster.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
itsthesheppy said:
Endless Space.
WHAT!? Ive been super looking forward to getting this. Whats wrong with it? It looks SO GOOD!

OT: Spore. A thousand times spore. A cell with legs IS NOT AN ANIMAL. IT STILL HAS FLAGELLA! The fish stage was EVERYTHING. It was so meh. It wasnt a subtle transition. It was 5 games where you got to import your crappy meaningless character.

itsthesheppy

Mar 28, 2012
BiscuitTrouser said:
itsthesheppy said:
Endless Space.
WHAT!? Ive been super looking forward to getting this. Whats wrong with it? It looks SO GOOD!

OT: Spore. A thousand times spore. A cell with legs IS NOT AN ANIMAL. IT STILL HAS FLAGELLA! The fish stage was EVERYTHING. It was so meh. It wasnt a subtle transition. It was 5 games where you got to import your crappy meaningless character.
I can't promise you'll have the same experience I did. I just didn't like how the AI was structured or how wars were carried out. The game is just very thin. It was okay but it could have used a lot more.

Instant K4rma

StormFella
Aug 29, 2008
Fallen Earth.

I love the idea of a post-apocalyptic MMORPG with a free-flow shooter combat system. Like Fallout online with smoother shooting mechanics and an engine that isn't for the fucking birds. Unfortunately, Fallen Earth had pretty abysmal combat mechanics. The setting alone kept me going for damn near 50 hours of play, but still. I'd love to see a decent MMORPG/FPS with a post-apocalyptic setting. I'd never sleep, and my body would probably start consuming itself before I'd bother to actually eat.