Games you enjoyed but shouldn't have.

Thoraxe_The_Impaler

Feb 12, 2009
Post your favorite games that you shouldn't have enjoyed. For example: games that got terrible reviews, were intended for a younger audience, etc.

For me it's the Harry Potter series and Enter the Matrix.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
scnj said:
If I enjoyed a game, what's to say I shouldn't have?
Popular opinion, critics, yahtzee... you know all the people who think they know better than you what's good and whats not...

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
Guitar hero, because i should rather spend the time bettering myself on the real guitars.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
I agree with the topic creator on Enter the Matrix. All the critics demanded that I hate it, but darn it, it was just too much fun. Maybe it was the mild euphoria I'd been experiencing from seeing The Matrix: Reloaded in theatres four times. Maybe it was the fact that I'd only just gotten a working PS2, and was essentially jumping up from Crash Bandicoot. Either way, it was amazing.

Also, I'm constantly told that I shouldn't enjoy Halo 3, simply because there are better shooters out there. Well, I say screw 'em. Halo 3 is plain ol' simple fun, any way you look at it.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
[quote="

Also, I'm constantly told that I shouldn't enjoy Halo 3, simply because there are better shooters out there. Well, I say screw 'em. Halo 3 is plain ol' simple fun, any way you look at it.[/quote]

Damn straight

Thoraxe_The_Impaler

Feb 12, 2009
teisjm said:
Guitar hero, because i should rather spend the time bettering myself on the real guitars.
Lol ya, I actually have a real guitar but I never play it, guitar hero is just so much more fun.

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
Thoraxe_The_Impaler said:
For me it's the Harry Potter series and Enter the Matrix.
The Harry Potter games are the bomb. Especially the second and third ones.

And I probably shouldn't still be playing Pokemon, but.. They're good games.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
Thoraxe_The_Impaler said:
teisjm said:
Lol ya, I actually have a real guitar but I never play it, guitar hero is just so much more fun.
I do play on my real guitars as well, but it's just soo much harder to play anything and make it sound good :(

willard3

Aug 19, 2008
I actually enjoyed Turok (on 360) for a while, until I got to the ridiculously-spaced checkpoints later in the game.

I also rather liked Enter The Matrix, because you can actually often afford to go out of your way to do wall-kicks and bullet-dodges...enemies go down fairly quickly if you're in a tight spot.

On the same note, Path Of Neo was also really really fun for quite a while...then it started getting repetitive. The "red pill" missions were REALLY awesome...too bad there were only three of them, I think. Still, this game got average reviews compared to EtM's fairly poor ones, so it doesn't count as much. I liked Gamespot's description of focus: "it definitely ups the effectiveness of your attacks, as well as your dodge moves, which go from neat to damn near spectacular in bullet time." Good times. :D

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
scnj said:
If I enjoyed a game, what's to say I shouldn't have?
That was my question too but to answer the OP's question, Oni and Enter the Matrix, and Postal 2.

Jul 9, 2008
irishstormtrooper said:
Lost Planet, for some reason. It sucked, but it was really addictive.
I know. I really got into it as well.

Anyway, I say Dark Sector. Looking at it from a cold, clinical perspective, it shouldn't have been fun, as little of it was more than a substandard rehash of all kings of old gameplay features. Critics didn't like it either. But damn it, controlling the Glaive as it cuts someone in two is fun.

RavingPenguin

Engaged to PaintyFace
Jan 20, 2009
Jester Lord said:
Mine also was enter the matrix.
I, too, enjoyed Enter the Matrix. I also liked Onechanbara which got terrible, terrible reviews. I found it fun none-the-less.

Edible Cyanide

Jan 19, 2009
Postal 2 and fallout 3 (FLUT3 with Bloody Mess on) because my dad and my mum think i'm physcotic just for thinking its funny.

Thoraxe_The_Impaler

Feb 12, 2009
jad4400 said:
Enter The Matrix
Wow... maybe I should have just started a thread for fans of Enter the Matrix. You know, as far as shooters go it was pretty bland, but I just couldn't get over the fact that you could jump out from behind a pillar and mow people down while flying through the air in slow motion. The hacking minigame was also pretty cool.