Games you enjoyed but shouldn't have.

HazukiHawkins

Mar 3, 2009
Pretty much any C&C game I ever played. Now that I think about it, their AIs have always cheated -known the whole map from the get-go, been able to issue commands to 17 units and buildings all over the map at once, etc.- and that just shows Westwood can't program a proper, challenging strategy AI for spit. Also, the harder difficulties are hard because the AI gets extra money from resource collection -not because they're smart enough to collect more- and their units and buildings are cheaper for no apparent reason, presumably because they need to spam various units like crazy in order to stand a chance against a human brain.

Their games look pretty good these days (I think anyway) but they still have the same illogical mechanics under the hood, and that's kind of inexcusable in my opinion. Oh, and they really need to accept that their games aren't movies.

pink.spartan

Feb 24, 2009
Viva Pinata, Lair, Pokemon Snap (shutup >__<;!).

I always like the games that get crappy ratings. ._.;

I guess I suffer from bad taste. ;__;

DarkCntry

Jan 11, 2007
It's a huge tie between the Pokemon series (every one of them, including Snap) and Nintendogs.

Hell, Nintendogs isn't even a game...it makes me cry to admit that I play them still :(

Bob Saget

Jul 24, 2008
I know someone's going to smite me for this, but me being the massive gamer I am, I still love The Sims. Mind you, I'm not the person who fills my hard drive with all the expansion packs and whatnot (I haven't played any, only Sims 1 and 2 original) but they're really addicting and fun!

Harrow

Feb 16, 2009
The only thing I got is the pokemon series. Well, it not all I got, just all that I play that isn't supposed to be good. and, finally, after about a decade of playing, it isn't very fun anymore. I believe they should make a realtime pokemon game, one without turn-based random encounter battles. I would perfer a combat system close to the one they had in the most recent star ocean game. I have talked about it with my friends, and they all think it would be awesome, and have themselves come up with a few good ideas. but, I don't think that they will ever come out with one, but I can dream can't I? Oh, I also play Runescape.

Edit: wow, just read through all the posts, and I see I'm not the only one who still plays pokemon way after they should. I think we should form some sort of a support group, a pokemon rehab.

I too liked lost planet, but thought it a bit of a rip-off of halo. Am I the only one who got at image of master chief useing a tank, plasma gernade, or plasma rifle from the halo series while playing this game? or climbing into a VS if playing halo after lost planet? any of those would have been awesome. someone needs to make a halo-lost planet crossover.

Musicfreak

Jan 23, 2009
pink.spartan said:

Lol I remember playing pokemon snap and loving it when I was young.

Thoraxe_The_Impaler

Feb 12, 2009
pink.spartan said:

Wow i havn't thought of pokemon snap in years, I loved that game lol, especially the part where magicarp turns into geridos and comes out of the waterfall, I thought that was so cool when I was younger XD

GBlair88

Jan 10, 2009
orannis62 said:
HandCannon said:
Assassins Creed. everyone was hatin on it when it came out but i couldnt remember playing a better game at the time.
I know, right? I loved it, it was one of the standout games from 2007 along with Mass Effect for me.
Assassin's Creed didn't live up to the hype. Info gathering missions were repetitive, as was trudging to and from the castle every bloody time and blending into the crowd was just praying really. Being able to mess about and look for the flags after you've completed the story would've been a nice addition as well. Running across rooftops, sword fighting loads of enemy soldiers, actual assassination missions and assassinating random enemies before disappearing over buildings were all great features and I did like the game a lot. Just seemed like it could have been that little bit better.

But Mass Effect? That was a great game. Well if you ignored the bad voice acting, and the unoriginal plot it was really good.

purplegothchick

Mar 19, 2009
CSI: Hard Evidence.

I know, I hate myself for saying that, but I like to solve puzzles. I'm not even a fan of the show, I was just new to Xbox Live and wanted to boost my Gamerscore a little!

Surprised that it turned out to be better than I expected, but I'll never play it again, it has zero replayability value.

clicklick

Oct 29, 2008
-Painkiller

I had only played the demo for about an hour and kinda enjoyed it. Then bought it after a month and was not expecting to LOVE it !!! One of the best shooters. Ever.

-Flatout

As a fan of racing games, I had bought this game unknowingly in my sleepwalk or somethin cos I don't know when the hell it ended up in my PC. But damn it was FUN !

Kung Fu Panda

- Yeah movie based game. But it is very well made and has got nice level design and some good moments. Plus multiplayer adds the longevity.

imperialwar

Jun 17, 2008
According to popular beilief i shouldn't like the FF series, but am now replaying 6,7+8. So shh, dont tell anyone :)