Games you enjoyed but shouldn't have.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Onimusha 3 is the only game that comes to mind, due to the recent Unskippable video.

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
I would have to say Shadows of the Empire for the N64 - terrible controls, boring enemies, horrible space-ship combat and so forth, but I still enjoyed it because I was about 10 and I didn't know any better.

Thoraxe_The_Impaler

Feb 12, 2009
Korolev said:
I would have to say Shadows of the Empire for the N64 - terrible controls, boring enemies, horrible space-ship combat and so forth, but I still enjoyed it because I was about 10 and I didn't know any better.
I find that all games seemed more fun when I was younger, I really played everything without noticing how bad it was.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
tkaStryc9 said:
scnj said:
If I enjoyed a game, what's to say I shouldn't have?
Oni and Enter the Matrix.
Okay, I know EtM got poor reviews (kinda deserved, but I like that game), but Oni? Seriously? That's a REALLY awesome game. Challenging and fun.

Also, Pokemon games and...

SimuLord said:
Airline Tycoon. What a simplistic, shallow game...yet the cartoony graphics and game mechanics gave it a charm far in excess of its merits as a game.
Hey, hey! The game wasn't so shallow when I was 8! I got it for Christmas, ranted about how it's too hard (and I was later embarrased by that), and then I enjoyed my time with it.

Oh, and Rune. You know, that game with a Viking warrior who has to avenge his village.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
I still to this day play Pokemon games on the gameboy advance. I don't care if I'm over 21 now, they're just plain fun.

Sweep117

Jan 27, 2009
Space Spoons said:
Also, I'm constantly told that I shouldn't enjoy Halo 3, simply because there are better shooters out there. Well, I say screw 'em. Halo 3 is plain ol' simple fun, any way you look at it.
Hells yeah!
irishstormtrooper said:
Lost Planet, for some reason. It sucked, but it was really addictive.
Hells yeah!
korja78 said:
Pokemon series...i even got it on the DS
Sigh... *Lowers gaze to the floor* Me too... Haven't finished one since Crystal version, though.

MaxFan

Nov 15, 2008
Garmana said:
Final Fantasy IX. Seems a lot of people hated this game.
Which I never understood as this is the only FF I actually stayed interested enough in to complete.

sonicspin

Nov 13, 2008
Pajama Sam: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside...and the Putt Putt games... don't act like you don't know what I'm talkin' about people!!!

Thoraxe_The_Impaler

Feb 12, 2009
sonicspin said:
Pajama Sam: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside...and the Putt Putt games... don't act like you don't know what I'm talkin' about people!!!
Haha that reminds me when I was a kid I loved the Reader Rabbit games, except they were educational

S.H.A.R.P.

Mar 4, 2009
tkaStryc9 said:
*snip* Oni and Enter the Matrix, and Postal 2.
Oni? Did that game receive bad critics? I seriously enjoyed that game a lot, it was quite the nice story, very pretty graphics and it had awesome gameplay. It hasn't been to long since I played it actually. I absolve your shame (if I would have the rights to do so), Oni is awesome!

For me that would be Pokémon (red, blue, green or yellow) I think. The game was awesome, but it was Pokémon...

Tantalus3D

Nov 5, 2008
I'll go with Assasins Creed, too. Everyone said it was repetetive, but I liked knowing exactly what to do next and to go from viewpoint to viewpoint and clearing all tasks before killing the main target.
The same can be said for the new Prince of Persia. I just liked the acrabatic controls and the great art, even if the battles where boring. The epilog was annoying though.

On the contrary, a game I didn't really enjoy, even if everbody says its great, was GTA IV. I forced myself to play it to the end, but it was far from perfect in my opinion. But that should be another thread, I suppose...

maskedsolitude

Sep 11, 2008
FFXI wtf?........played and hated but i went back to it a couple fo times to see if it was any better and noooooooooo.

AndyVale

Mar 18, 2009
I quite enjoyed Shaq Fu when I was 8. It was nowhere near perfect, but I couldn't see why it was diabolical.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Dark messiah
Crap story and characters but the gameplay and AI kept me coming back.
MaxFan said:
Garmana said:
Final Fantasy IX. Seems a lot of people hated this game.
Which I never understood as this is the only FF I actually stayed interested enough in to complete.
Me too FF9 was great compared to the non FF FF games of 8 and 10, 12 tries to be but the equipment is bland and the skill system broken.