Games you found hard in the past , that are easy now.

Sean0925

Nov 8, 2010
Recently I was playing Crash Team Racing after downloading it on my PS3 and got to the last boss to race against N.Oxide. When I was younger I remember having loads of difficulty with this boss along with my older cousin with neither of us being able to do it, so when I got to it again I was expecting to take a while on it, but on my second attempt I got ahead on the first lap and pretty much stayed there easily dropping stuff from the item crates in his racing line everytime and got a massive lead and it ended up being the easiest boss battle I'd done in the game.

So this thread is mainly about bosses, levels or games as a whole that you found difficult in the past but came back and pretty much beat easily.

Mar 30, 2010
GTA: San Andreas - pretty much all of it. I can remember having to retry mission after mission after mission when that game first came out, but replaying it recently I played the entire storyline from start to finish without getting a single mission failed, busted or wasted. As I was watching the (bloody unskippable) credits roll, I did think to myself "How the hell did I ever struggle with this?".

realist1990

Nov 18, 2011
The final boss battles in the first few rachet and clank's.. until i turned 17/18 I had a big problem finishing most games really though, not sure why.. Still haven't finished Res. Evil 5 though. could not work with that stupid AI and when playing with a friend our mutual bitching about not being able to move and shoot at the same time and fuck-all ammo would get us to get out some other co-op game

Oirish_Martin

Nov 21, 2007
I'd say any game I've struggled with first time around I've usually vastly improved upon by my second or third playthrough, even if there's been a large gap between them.

My biggest stretch of being stuck on a game was probably C&C Red Alert way back when - my first playthrough took me about 9 months, then about 18 months later I was finishing the first game (which I'd always regarded as harder) in about a fortnight.

I don't really play RTSs anymore, the genre I'm most likely to get stuck on is RPGs, as I always forget which stats do what and end up with a shitty middling character. Not having that problem so much these days (10 stats in Intelligence and Agility in Fallout, helloooooo.....)

Puddleknock

Sep 14, 2011
I recently played the warcraft 3 campaign again and flew through it. I got the game when it first came out and I remember struggling through it and not even finishing the final mission in the expansion. No such difficulties this time around.

Fredrikorex

Sep 25, 2009
Guitar Hero/Rock Band :D

Nah, but I think I'm a lot better at Half-Life then I used to be when I was 8-10 years old.
I'm a lot better at Oblivion too.

Captain Hat

Aug 1, 2011
Megaman 2.

I went full-retro and hooked up my old NES last saturday night so I could putter through my old collection. Konami code'd Contra and Life Force to beat the crap out of them, then slapped in Megaman 2.

I remember always having difficulties on Heat Man's stage with those stupid platforms that disappear in two seconds. This time however I had the Rush Jet and just flew over the whole lot of them. As for the rest of the game, I thought I recalled it being harder but blew through it in a breeze.

Good 'ol Megaman <3

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
Abe's Oddysee. I always used to get hopelessly stuck in Scrabania & Paramonia, whichever one I chose to do first. Now I can finish it no problem. Still not saved all of the workers though.

BryceS62

May 9, 2011
The medal of honour series these games use to give me the shits but now its really easy.

Paladin2905

Sep 1, 2011
The old Wing Commander games. I used to only make it through the missions with invunerability on as a kid, but now most of them are a piece of cake.

That, and the old Magic Carpet game that Broderbund made. Much easier now for some reason.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Bioshock..because it was the first time I ever really playd a FPS..with mouse and keyboard

except it was on easy and I didnt die even once (I think)..so it shows I dont totally suck, more or less

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
I didn't buy anniversary edition but I did pull out my old halo ce to play recently. Goddamn legendary mode is just a cakewalk for me now. I didnt do a whole playthrough so I reckon certain parts will still give me trouble. But with each halo being just a little harder each time it's made me more skilled at halo I think.

Thanato5

May 12, 2010
Sacrifice. when I played it as a kid I struggled massively but now that I play it again it's a lot better. still tough at times though but it certainly seems better.

mikey7339

Jun 15, 2011
The old Final Fantasies. Mainly because I was impatient and didn't really get how to play them when I was little. Conversely, almost every other game like Mario and Megaman has gotten absolutely impossible.

face_head_mouth

Sep 16, 2010
I tested out my scratched-up copy of God of War the other day to make sure it would work when I lent it to my cousin, and I was shocked at how effortlessly I breezed through the entire opening sequence with the Hydra. I remembered struggling with it when I played through it the first time several years ago, but I've become a much better player in the meantime.

During Thanksgiving break 3 years ago I played through both Mega Man 2 and Mega Man 3 on consecutive days, and I took only a little over an hour to finish either game (dying only a handful of times). This especially surprised me with 3, which I had remembered as being very difficult as a child.

LimitedPunctuation

Apr 20, 2010
final fantasy 7
never really understood it as a kid, played it again recently on an emulator, easy game but the story was even better.

Lord Honk

Mar 24, 2009
Super Mario Land. Played it last when I was 6 or something, and I spent hours with it. Now I've replayed it a short while ago, and it's done in half an hour.