Games you have played A LOT but never finished.

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
I haven't "beat" a Pokemon game since the original Gold and Silver. And by beat I mean "Defeat the Elite Four", not collect all the Pokemon. God no, I'm not taking on that task. I like the games, but I have other games to play.

lilhasselhoffer

Aug 25, 2014
Honestly the only games I've ever picked up and put time into, without actually finishing, are Final Fantasy 13 and Halo 2. FF13 was an absolutely painful slog, with a combat system designed by people who didn't want a turn based system, but couldn't think of anything better. Between that and a weak story, I stopped playing before those end credits rolled. Halo 2 on Legendary was cheap. So very cheap. After nearly snapping a controller in half I decided it was time to decrease the difficulty.

A few games that I've dropped mid way through are Dragon Quest on the GBA (can't remember the number), Guildwars 2 (do MMOs count?), and Sword of the Stars: The Pit. All of them for the same reason, you grind and grind but get nowhere. 300 hours of content isn't interesting if 290 of it is grinding.

I've finished the big ones. Metal Arms: Glitch in the System, Skyrim, System Shock 2, and even completed everything in FFVII (grinding on that submarine absolutely blew chunks). I tend to have one game active at a time, and move on whenever it's been beaten.

nameless023

Fancy Forum Title Goes Here
Nov 11, 2011
Let's see... Might as well start with Skyrim and Fallout 3 since everyone else is doing it. It's the same problem on both: I play through the main questline, finish most of the side quests and then abandon the game when I get to the DLC stuff. Happens every single time.

There's SPAZ (Space Pirates and Zombies), I usually quit the game around when I spend more time farming Rez than actually fighting ships. There's also Rogue Legacy, I never bothered killing Johannes/The Fountain (the final boss). And then there's Torchlight, I got pretty far into the game until I reached the point where I couldn't give a damn about it and stopped playing it.