Games you have played to death?

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I've played Pokemon Blue waaaaaaaay too much and I've done the restrictions as well just to make the game more exciting.

I've also played Diablo II more times than I'd rather admit.

Finbark

Jul 24, 2008
Jak and Daxter. I find myself doing speedruns from time to time and trying to beat my old time. I also played Halo 3 quite a bit more than I feel I should have. There was just so much content, I couldn't help it...

M-E-D The Poet

Sep 12, 2011
The Wykydtron said:
Just recently, League of Legends. So damn addicting, I even went and got the Pentakill Sona skin. Sooooo damn cool!

I will get good with Riven if it kills me! No way i'm letting go of the coolest character in the game! Then I shall buy her Battle Bunny skin and own more face with it nyahahahahaha!

Difficult but Awesome is just Riven in a nutshell. I once Broken Wings'd into a bush instead of into a low health Jarvan just because she was facing the wrong way XP. She only changes direction if you're hovering your mouse over an enemy otherwise she just goes straight forward. She does not follow where your cursor is if it's not hovering over an enemy, it's kinda important to remember that...

Needless to say "Report Riven!" was posted in All Chat soon thereafter.

[sub]So i reported that guy for "Negative Attitude" Trololololol![/sub]

Her Ult is the most "oh fuck this!" thing in the game. Guy flashing away on low health? Dash into range with Valour, reforge the sword, make the cutest little battle cry ever and just Wind Slash the fucker down.

"The time for talk is over..."

Well, actually Karthus' Ult is the most "oh fuck this" thing in the game. Press R to Win indeed...

I'm not even lvl 30 yet, I doubt i'll be going into Ranked anytime soon anyway. You seen the godlike amount of last hits people get? There was an Ashe in one of the random Spectate games on the homepage just going "pew, pew, pew" and getting every single last hit in the lane... I know she's a Carry and that's her job but all of them? Really?

In general, the Ace Attorney games. People who claim zero replay value are just wrong. Good games are always worth replaying.
You must have seen me play for I am the one and only PewpewPepe

Hehehe and people suffer from axe to face syndrom when I'm around

Ohhhhh how I love mauling kids with Olaf <3

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
Oblivion & Fallout 3. Adore them both, probably won't ever reinstall 'em.

Oblivion was my first Elder Scrolls title, and it just sucked me in. Sure, now that I've got some more references, it's got many glaring flaws, but I still think rather highly of it. I mean, I had fun with it. Good times...
Similar story with Fallout 3, it was my first proper entry into the Fallout-series. I had played a bit of Fallout 2. I liked the idea, but it just wasn't for me, but F3... Blimey, that feeling when I first stumbled out of the vault, with an entire world of ruins stretching out in all directions... One of my best videogame memories so far. Again, many great memories from that game, but I feel I've been everywhere at least fifty times, so there's not much left to please my explorer-vibe, and it's got the same problem as Oblivion; the flaws are getting more and more glaring now.
I don't like New Vegas as much, but... It's still one great game, and I'm not done with that one just yet. Oh, and iron sights. Would it have been that difficult from the start, Beth? Would it? D:

Also, Operation Flashpoint. The proper one. Not that I wouldn't want to, but no present day computer will run it for me. :< At least I've got the ArmA-series.

(Oh, and if anyone of y'all even breathe "Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Derping", I'm afraid I'm going to have to hit you over the knuckles with a wooden ruler. We do not mention that monster by name.)

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Karutomaru said:
hazabaza1 said:
Karutomaru said:
I beat Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop 12 times! 12 times!!!!!!
So that was 12 zombies that you killed as well, then?
I killed at least 3000 at the minimum on each playthrough.
I think you missed the point of my subtle joke.
I made a funny.
Har de har har.

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
I'm going to list the oldest game on the thread (thus far) and say Sonic 3 and Knuckles. 18 years old (good god, I can't believe I just typed that out) and it's reached a point where I no longer think while playing it, I can practically zone out, get into a groove, and almost meditate. I've gotten the Chaos and Super Emeralds multiple times, and it never, ever gets old.

I'm going to be on my deathbed with this game in one hand and a Calvin and Hobbes book in the other. And I will go out with the biggest smile on my face.

Wierdguy

Feb 16, 2011
World of warcraft. I believe Im approatching the 300 days played time mark.

Other than that... Dragon age: Origins. Had to do a playthrough of every single origin story and complete every single quest with each. Adn then came the replays of an origin with diferent romances and choises... Come to think of it I havent played a city elf who supported Harrowmont yet... oh well. There goes another 30+ hours...

And then theres Civilization 5. I know I know... booo civ 5, yay civ 4 and all that, but I currently have almost 250 hours of civ 5 having played with every civilization including DLC through all kinds of maps.

nasteypenguin

Mar 2, 2011
Unreal Tournament back when I was little and it was the only FPS I knew existed, I played it sooo much.

Like Jaeke Oblivion was my first TES game, in fact it might have been my first open world RPG, hundreds of hours lost to that for obvious reasons.

way2sl0w said:
2. COD (Raises flame shield)
I spent a long while playing COD too and I still attest that it's a good game. I would probably also still be playing multiplayer with friends, if I didn't have to pay £40 each time they released that same game.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
Chrono trigger. I spent a 50 dollar gift card from my 8th birthday on it due to loving FF3 (6) and seeing squaresoft on the box. Greatest decision of my life, and probably why gaming is my favorite, most engaging form of entertainment today. I played after bedtime many times, and got my snes locked in a closet more than once over it

To date, its the only game I have played more than once for multiple endings, and I cried when it seemed crono was dead.

Since then, I have a tattoo of crono, one of my cats is named crono, I learned Japanese to play it in its original, untranslated (except by me) form, and I've purchased the ps1 port, the psn port, and the DS version just ro financially support its existance. I am not making any of this up, and i have no shame about it whatsoever.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
I played Red Alert 1 so much that I wore out both discs and had to go buy a new set.....

Captcha: helter-skelter (Guess I'd better tattoo a swastika on my forehead and get some hippie chicks to go stab some rich people to death.)

Black Arrow Officer

Jun 20, 2011
http://steamcommunity.com/id/splintercellftw/games?tab=all

I think the amount of time I've spent on TF2 compared to everything else explains enough.

RipRoaringWaterfowl

Jun 20, 2011
Civilization III. Played it into late night one-more-turn sessions, even when I was a wee lad. Lost the disk, replaced it with The Complete Edition. Played it more. Tied with Galactic Civilizations II as a favourite game once I discovered GCII. Continued to play. Civilization IV came out. I bought it. Enjoyed it. Just didn't think it as good as CivIII. Went back to CivIII, playing CivIV only sparingly. Continued to love it. Had awesome moments (the best, a World War scenario triggered by me (Byzantine Empire) bombing the Scandinavian Republic, my friendly neighbor to the south, out of complete boredom. 'Twas awesome). Eventually, Civilization V Came out. Bought it. Enjoyed it. Thought it far superior to CivIII. Now I balance out mostly playing CivV, CivIII at times, when I want ma Civ fix.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Chrono Cross

Probably the most played JRPG in my massive library.

I've probably played it on more systems then any other game.
Though, that's probably because it's been released on the PS1 and PSN so that got me playing it on the PC, PS1, PS2, PS3 (via PSN) and PSP.

I own two physical copies of the game (greatest and non-greatest hits) plus the PSN/PSP version.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
Well, I've literally played Final Fantasy 8 to death. The discs don't work anymore. This makes me sad.
I've also spent way too many hours into Morrowind and a while back I was friggin' addicted to Black & White 2. And I've played through Fable: TLC more times than I should say. And I did play the hell out of World of Warcraft a while back too.
Those are the main ones. Mainly FF8 though. Dear God I love that game.

thomaskattus

Dec 15, 2011
Morrowind
Fallout 3
Fallout: New Vegas
Oblivion

Yea I might be a bit of a Bethesda fanboy, but oddly enough I did not enjoy Skyrim. I did not find the quests engaging at all. I felt no investment into the main storyline. Also the "streamlining" seems to make the characters more generic than ever. It made me a sad Bethesda fanboy. But I still have hope for FO: 4.