Games you have played to death?

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
The first Baldurs gate game, I've been playing it since I was 8 and I never stopped. :3

ThePS1Fan

Dec 22, 2011
I've played Spyro: Year of The Dragon to death. I still love it, but I have to restrict myself to 2-3 playthroughs a year as opposed to 365 I'd normally do.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Dragon Quest 9. It had a stupid weekly download quests that lasted A YEAR (yeah they had about 52 ish weekly download quest).
Not only that but the chance to create the super rare weapons and armours via alchemy were ridiculous since to have a chance to make it, you have to get this item which only drop by a boss. It's rare if the boss is level 1 but it become less rare when the boss is higher but the boss become more difficult to kill.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
way2sl0w said:
1. Diablo II's item lusting kept me coming back 9 years after the fact.
2. COD (Raises flame shield)
I have around 40-50 days of gameplay across CoD4, MW2, and MW3. Half of the time I was asking myself "why am I still playing this PoS?" but the other half I was having fun.

Lets see:
F Zero X
Fire Emblem: Fuin no Tsurugi
Ogre Battle 64
All Zeldas SNES and up
Diablo 2
Starcraft
Warcraft 3
Starcraft 2
WoW (3 months before start of wotlk to 1 month in of Cata)
CoD4, MW2, MW3
Halo 3, Halo Reach, Halo CE
Time Splitters 2
Guitar Hero 3
Pokemon (all of them)
Advance Wars 2, and Days of Ruin

And I think that is it. All of these have hundreds of hours, Pokemon has thousands, and so does WoW. I have no idea how much time I spent playing D2 or WC3, lol.

sketch_zeppelin

Jan 22, 2010
Resident Evil 4. i periodically delete my saved game so i have to unlock everything from scratch. even mercinary mode.

Legend of Zelda: a link to the past is another that i make a point to beat at least once a year. best zelda ever.

hmmm what else...while they're newish i think i'll likely go back and beat the Assassin's Creed games on a regular basis as i love the whole climbey stabby aspect and they have genuienly good stories.

oh and Castlevania Symphony of the Night is another one that i beat a couple of ties a year.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
Morrowind. I play it religiously (seriously, about once every year since its release... like a damn pilgrimage). And you better damn well believe I track my stat growth in a notebook and get 5x multipliers on 3 and only 3 attributes every level...

[sub]what a sad existence I live[/sub]

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
Dragon Age: Origins, it's my Silent Hill 2.

In the aftermath of Mass Effect 3 (Or rather, the last 10 minutes of Mass Effect 3) I'm playing it for the 5th time.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
Dragon Quest: The Journey of the Cursed King, have over 200 hours on it.
Fallout 3, I have over 100 hours on that.
Silent Hill 2, I have done about 7 playthroughs of it now.
Skyrim I have 143 hours on.
Pokemon Crystal, I don't know how many hours I have put into it, since the game was broken by my friend a few years back. But I only had 3 pokemon left to catch and I had trained every pokemon I had to level 60.
And Dragon Age 2, I've lost track of how many times I've completed that game.

Now I'm done with university forever I have more free time for gaming! Time to actually complete Dragon Quest.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Games I've played to death

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
World of Warcraft
Mount and Blade Warband
Call of Duty: World at War
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Quake III Arena
Fallout: New Vegas

I could probably go on, but I'm stopping here.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Pokemon Blue/Gold/Ruby
Saints Row 2
Dragon Age Origins/Awakening
Mass Effect/2/3.
Fallout New Vages
Fallout 3
Oblivion
Skyrim
Fable 2/3

Thats pretty much it unless I remember more. But I had a lot of good memories from these games. :D

Kyr Knightbane

Jan 3, 2012
Sanat said:
The first 4 gens of Pokemon go without saying, but I don't think I've played them "to death".

Otherwise, League of Legends.

About 1200+ hours in that game, and it just isn't fun any more. It was brillant and awesome in the old days and over the duration of the last few months, with every patch it's just gotten worse and worse and a lot less fun. I'll stop playing it for good some time soon. Or when I actually get a Dota II Beta key...

Speaking of which... Anyone got spares? *hint hint*
I agree that League is getting worse and worse, but i honestly think its because every game boils down to the same thing. You are forced to lane against people who last hit, and then about 20 minutes in, you have the first obligatory team fight, and then its rinse and repeat. I hate the current meta and will do everything in my power to disrupt it. Teleporting into wards hidden midway up the field at level 8 with 4 friends and destroying a tower really confuses people lol

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
Kirby 64, in total I've done about 165 playthroughs. A rough estimate but a sewrious one free of hyperbole.

Kitty4President

Nov 22, 2011
I played Pokemon White to death. Literally. The game cartridge wore out eventually and doesn't work anymore.

RIP all my pokemans. :C

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Fable The Lost Chapters. Actually it was just Fable by time Lost Chapters came out i was pretty much done with my addiction to that game
Hitman Blood Money. I just can't get enough of putting one between someone?s eyes.
Spyro The Dragon, and I still love it!