Games you have played to death?

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
Oblivion, Minecraft, various Pokemon Games (namely Ruby and Platinum), and I've probably invested more than 100 hours on Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction, which I deem impressive since it's a relatively short single-player game.

ThePenguinKnight

Mar 30, 2012
Starcraft
Warcraft 3
Ocarina Of Time
Every Castlevania game

I'm not sure how many hours I've put into both Starcraft and Warcraft but I assume somewhere in the hundreds.

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
While Classic Diablo has been a permanent fixture on my hard drive since 1996, I think Fallout 3 may actually take the cake for sheer amount of time spent in-game. Although I think finally, I've literally played the latter to death. There's practically nothing left in that game I have not done.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
KotOR II, I have... wait for it... 35 different Characters, each with over 50 game time each!

Aside from that I have 8 different Shep's with 50 to 60 hours each
6 Lonesome Wanderer's with close to 100 hours each
and 5 Dovahkiin with close to 100 hours each

Cranky

Mar 12, 2012
The Fallout Series, Halo series and Pokemon series. Although I have become very disenchanted and averse to the latter two.

phyrexian

Feb 5, 2012
Baldur's Gate II: SoA & ToB. But mostly the SoA portion - I've played it so much that I can quote every cut-scene perfectly.

Lucyfer86

Jun 30, 2011
I quess putting WoW into this would be abit unfair.

So let's see;

Diablo 2
Red Alert
Half-Life
Duke Nukem 3D

Hemlet

Jul 31, 2009
I've played Cave Story to the point where I actually don't want to play it anymore. I've done a few minimalist runs, plenty of speed runs, and even more 100% runs. I just can't bring myself to pick it up again.

Pokemon Silver ate months and months of my life, all because I enjoyed wandering around the wonderful world of Pokemon and roflstomping the poor NPCs with my party of awesome looking but probably shite in competitive play Pokemon. I didn't even know there WAS competitive Pokemon play at the time, I just went with the ones I thought were nifty.

Oddly enough, the fishing minigame in LoZ:OoT currently owns several days of my life. It was just so relaxing and satisfying to sit and catch fish for hours on end for some reason.

LoZ:MM also owns months of my life, most of the time spent just screwing around with the different masks.

I played Binding of Isaac almost exclusively for a few months, and I've managed to unlock (not find, but unlock) all the items except for The Shears. Mostly because you need to die 100 times for those to unlock, and last time I played my mom kills and deaths were neck and neck at 74, and I don't really wanna screw that up.

Rock Band was my baby for a solid year and a half. I'd get home from school and play until I had to go to bed every single day. My guitar controller actually has grooves where my fingers would rest on the buttons.

There's plenty others I'm likely forgetting, but currently I'm playing E.Y.E:Divine Cybermancy and slowly grinding it under my heel. I'm level 115, have all the research and cybertech upgrades, and now I'm just fucking with the game to see how badly I can break it without it crashing.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
Chrono Trigger. Every character had max level plus ** for every stat. Seen all the permutations of the ending, Chrono Dead, Chrono Solo, Magus Dead, Magus alive. At 1999, in 2300, you name it I saw it.

Final Fantasy VI. All characters, All Espers, Maxed Level for all of them. All tidbits of the story.

Final Fantasy VII. I don't know how long it took, but I split Knights of the Round 2x.

R0cklobster

Sep 1, 2008
Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield. I'd imagine that i've played that game more than any others - purely as a direct result of being stuck with a subpar computer for years and years. Even more retarded than that was that almost all of my playtime was just on a handful of maps.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Super Smash Bros Brawl is the biggest one - a few school friends had it and were really into it and we've had so many fights... I'm so bored of it now! 0.0 Timesplitters Future Perfect as well - Im fairly certain Ive at least tried everything imaginable. Me and my cousin had to find new ways to entertain ourselves - only revolvers, 1-hit-kill, mexican mission, just us wasn't fun anymore so we swapped the revolvers for bricks and it descended to us trying to commit suicide by throwing bricks into the air and "catching" them -.- Im pretty sure we're done with it now...

Sanat

Apr 7, 2012
The first 4 gens of Pokemon go without saying, but I don't think I've played them "to death".

Otherwise, League of Legends.

About 1200+ hours in that game, and it just isn't fun any more. It was brillant and awesome in the old days and over the duration of the last few months, with every patch it's just gotten worse and worse and a lot less fun. I'll stop playing it for good some time soon. Or when I actually get a Dota II Beta key...

Speaking of which... Anyone got spares? *hint hint*

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
I think the first game I really played to death (and I mean literally, the discs were basically disintegrated) was Gran Turismo 2.

Before that, i'd played plenty of games and finished them multiple times (Chrono Trigger comes immediately to mind), but GT took it to another level. I mastered each track, owned just about every car at one point or another, spent hours tuning, etc.

It got to the point where I could beat any car on just about any track (human or ai opponents) with my FTO GPX. Spent so long tuning that car.

Since then, Chrono Trigger still gets a playthrough every year or two, as does Deus Ex. Diablo II has had plenty of hours sunk into it. I was obsessed with Mario 64 for a couple of years (went through a few controllers with that and GoldenEye).

CSS was worse than heroin for me - admittedly I was playing at pretty high competitive levels, and I think that definitely played a part in why I put so much time into it. Having said that, a lot of time was spent fucking around on surf and gungame servers.

That's probably all the big ones - i'm sure I could think of more if I wasn't so freakin tired.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
Recently League of Legends, just like The Wykydtron I got addicted to it and have been playing it a lot.

I don't play it much anymore since I played it to death but I used to play Prototype way too much, some of the best replay value I have ever gotten out of a game, it was so much fun. I haven't gotten the sequel yet but im sure i'll have just as much fun with it as I did the first one.

Off topic but I hear you can get a Alex mercer skin for Prototype 2, I always preferred his look so i'd love to get that, does anyone know how that is supposed to work?

General BrEeZy

Jul 26, 2009
Mass Effect 2 6 times in one summer. got so dang bored after that one!

Final Fantasy about 3 times, averaging around 400 hours between the 3 save files.