Games you keep as your "dark little secret"

IndieRocker

Mar 25, 2008
Gran Turismo 2 on PS1 yes I know it has been updated and now goes in 10008000p on the PS23 (slight exageration) but this is the best racing game ever period. Also Locoroco and Patapon for the PSP. These are the best games on the PSP but all my friends just call me a sissy and carry on jacking cars in GTA

acer840

(Insert Awesome Title)
Mar 24, 2008
Country
Australia
I can't belive i am going to post this... but gotta get it off my chest

Tie Fighter

You can light your torches and sharpen your pitchforks now...

Renkinjutsushi

Mar 26, 2008
Animal Crossing, I get some funny looks on the train when the girl next to me, who is playing the same game, notices that I`m playing it to. In fact, they often move, maybe its not the game...

TheFishIsSad

Mar 23, 2008
Pokemon.
I still play Pearl despite the fact I claim to my friends it's a "Baby's game".
Whenever they come over to my house I just say "Oh, that's my little sisters."

Man_In_Gauze

Mar 2, 2008
I play a lot of old games on emulators...so mostly Pokemon Silver, and Smash Bros. It's funny when I say "Yeah, I have smash, I own with captain falcon" and they ask "orly? what's your friend code?" and I say "no man, the N64 version :\"

but probably my darkest secret is my love of LOTR: The Two Towers for PS2. Long after I should have moved on, after getting a perfect with every character on every level, I'm still going Legolas on Tower of Orthanc again and again...I love that game so much. Shameless plug goes here, if you see it in a bargain bin somewhere, get it.

simo9352

Jan 23, 2008
Almightyjoe said:
RedSigma said:
conqueror Kenny said:
Sniper_Zegai said:
Almightyjoe said:
Viva Pinata

going from a shooter to the docile and self-satisfying garden of creatures, is... deliciously Zen

The phrase "deliciously zen", is a term i keep as my dark little secret, but, come on, how many people use the internet
Same here, although I never keep it a secret. I actually defend Viva Pinata heavily when anyone dares try to deny how awesome it is!
Viva Pinata was sadly a verry addicting game i had to trade it in or i wouldnt stop playing it
Viva Pinata is actually one of the games that came with my 360 but I haven't touched it once:(. from the sounds of things I need to try it.
be warned, you will be using Pinata terms within a week.

I love pinata. Got it for the wife and played behind her back when she was at work It's like crack! LOL

I also still love playing STATE OF EMERGENCY on ps2 It's rubbish but the time trial bits (Shoot as many people as possible) are brilliantly balanced!

Puzzle bobble to my wife thinks I'm soft in the head when she saw me playing it.

RedSigma

Mar 7, 2008
Alcari said:
I got a huge load of old games when the library I did some IT work for a library. When they got rid of the game section I volunteerd to take the whole treasure trove home for 50 bucks. It was like finding a Dragon's Hoard.

Including such gems as:
Oni, Homeworld, Homeworld2, Alpha Centauri, Civ3, Pax imperium, The neverhood, Fragile Allegiance, Outpost 2, Planescape Tornment, KKND, Populous, Ceasar 3.
I only played the demo for populous but what I experienced was one of the best things to ever happen on a PC :p

GeeseH

Mar 22, 2008
IndieRocker said:
Gran Turismo 2 on PS1 yes I know it has been updated and now goes in 10008000p on the PS23 (slight exageration) but this is the best racing game ever period.
I'm not embarrassed to own this at all, it really is the best GT (even with the forced 16:9 menu screens)

Overall have bought it 3 times mostly due to region issues.

and this is coming from somebody sad enough to quit their job just to stay home master it :/

ftr. how good it must be to be peter molyneux (bullfrog) with his nismo 400R

game i am embarrassed to own *ahem* evil zone. i tried to sell it but nobody wanted it, either that or karin is hot? (you'll know what i mean if you've played it)

Sib

Dec 22, 2007
The worst game? id have to say...Your mom (kidding but on any other forum i visit this would make up half the replies)
Im going to say its not really 1 game, but its a very large collection of the sims 2 "expansion" packs, seriously, even when the word "stuff" is in the title i stil got them. luckily ive stopped getting them :3

Bodb

Mar 16, 2008
Keet said:
To be completely honest, I'm a little saddened that I see some relatively good games listed in here, Odin sphere being among them. (Really most Nippon Ichi games are rather girly but they're nearly all good as well.)

How am I supposed to make fun of someone if they don't mention games like Crystal Pony tales, Bloody Roar, or Doki Doki Majou Shinpan [http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/13403]?

Ah well. "Rhapsody" is probably my little dark secret, as it is possibly one of the girliest games ever envisioned by man. (Assuming it was envisioned by man.) Even though it's horribly outdated, I can't get rid of it though as it's somewhat of a classic and hard to find item.
I think the preteen witch molesting game tops anything short of a virtual rape simulator

acer840

(Insert Awesome Title)
Mar 24, 2008
Country
Australia
Darth Mobius said:
acer840 said:
I can't belive i am going to post this... but gotta get it off my chest

Tie Fighter

You can light your torches and sharpen your pitchforks now...

Blasphemer! TIE Fighter is what got me into computer gaming! Were it not for TIE Fighter, I would be a dirty console peasant!
Hey, don't get me wrong here. I loved Tie Fighter. That was the only game i played on my PC for over a year. It's just when ever i mention it, i get odd looks like it never existed. (I really hope they make a new one. Up to date gfx, storyline ect. It's good to go back to the classics)

Mr.Expendable

Mar 26, 2008
My all time "dark little secret" would have to be Silk Road. A free to download/free to play MMORPG found on this website: http://www.silkroadonline.net

Slightly annoying sound effects but still addictive as hell. When I first got it I lost 14 days of my life and almost lost my job. I had reacently quit playing WoW because I refused to pay 3000ISK a month to spent 75% og my gaming time traveling between places. Atleast when you do it in EVE it's automatic. Sitting for 4 hours infront of my computer with my "f*ck-You" finger on the "W" key and occationally moving the mouse a bit is not my idea of entertainment.

So I started looking for free MMORPGs and this is the best one I found. I enjoy it. And because it is a JMMORPG the spelling and grammar is HILARIOUS!!. :-D

R.Nevermore

Mar 28, 2008
*sigh*

WoW

i know that most people around probably play it too... but i'm still sad to say that i still play it after... what has it been? 3 years? Longer?

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
wiper said:
The only game I can think of that I was ashamed of was Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball, but I was always open about enjoying it (it's a compulsive game. Even when using both hands). That being said, I've had to stop myself buying the 360 sequel, on the basis of the many negative reviews of it. I fear that one day, however, I shall give in, and have a real reason to be ashamed.
If you like the first game, feel no qualms about getting the second one. The reason it took flak from the critics was that they didn't think there was enough difference between the two to justify the second purchase, but I disagree, there's a lot of new stuff.

It's the Xbox 360 itself that I feel ashamed of owning. *shudder* If you haven't already got one, wait for the 720 (or whatever's coming next). I literally cannot look my friends in the eye and admit that I've gotten the 3RLoD twice in less than a year since I bought it.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Nerdfury said:
ThaBenMan said:
Mine is probably Okami. This is a conversation I had with one of my friends about it:

"So what's this new game you got like?"
"Well, you play as the sun goddess of ancient Japanese mythology in the form of a wolf."
"...cool... um, so you can probably pwn the bad guys pretty well since you're a god."
"Well, yeah, but mostly you draw stuff with an ink brush."
"....."
Okami is my favourite game of all time, and if you feel bad for owning it then you don't deserve to play games at all! It's just a pity that Clover Studios got bought out, which probably means no sequels.

I love that game so much. I bought the guide book, the art book and both soundtracks!
Oh don't get me wrong, I love the game too (I also bought the strategy guide - didn't know there was an art book! I want it now), it's just that my friends think it's weird.