Games You Keep Installed

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Like the title suggests, what games do you play so often or enjoy enough that they stay on your drive, regardless of beating them or 100%’ing, etc.?

This past generation it’s been:

PS4:
Bloodborne (highly replayable with the most unique weapons of SoulsBorne, chalice dungeons, normal play, etc.)

MGSV: TPP (on a per mission basis, it’s the most playable and replayable MGS game)

Dark Souls 2: SotFS (so much variety of gear and weapons, and aesthetics enhance replayability)

Dark Souls 3 (most playable Souls game, and in a way more so than even Bloodborne, but not as unique)

Uncharted 4 (most playable Uncharted game; I’d say Lost Legacy but it’s not as big or varied)

Horizon: Zero Dawn (always down for some robo-Dino fights)

God of War 2018 (still haven’t found everything, and NG+ on GMGOW still awaits)

RDR2 (its open world is like digital therapy, and toying with NPCs is entertaining)

MK11 (tons of content, and always fun to try new fighters)

Sekiro (haven’t finished it yet, but could see experimenting with different gear and move sets)

PC:
MK11 (same, but with better graphics and less latency!)

The Witcher 3 (still playing the story and finding interesting loot, probably for another generation at this rate)

Hitman (reboot, and will eventually get 3 to have all games in one package)

Kingdom Come: Deliverance (haven’t finished but the sword fighting is unique and immersive enough)

Dark Souls Remastered (haven’t gotten tired of its world yet; even Lost Izalith has an strange kind of charm to it)

DOOM (never know when I’ll be down for some rip n tear)

RDR2 (same as above, but looks and plays better on PC)

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
PS4:
  • All of my Devil May Cry games
  • Bayonetta, Vanquish, Transformers Devastation, and W101
  • Resident Evil Remake 1, 2, & 3. RE4&5
  • Evil Within 1 & 2
  • Streets of Rage 4 and a ton of brawlers all in one folder.
  • Street Fighter IV and V
  • Samurai Showdown
  • and many other games I can't bother to list right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
On the PS3... only really Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, I got that console realllllllllllllllllly late in its release cycle, so didn't play it that much.

PS4, all of 'em! Again, I got it fairly late on (roughly half way through?) and have always been a PC gamer, so I never got that many games for it. Even so, the games that have essentially made their home there are: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey; Dishonored 2; Journey (well, a pack of games of which it's the best, IMO); Tetris Effect; and now Ghost of Tsushima. Other games have come and gone, in fairness.

For PC, at the moment, my laptop has a rubbish SSD capacity, so none, basically (get some games, play for a few hundred hours, uninstall, though special mention to Total War: Warhammer II which I uninstalled only because I thought free space was an issue messing up my video editor, but it turns out I'm just dumb, it'd be on this list were it not for that). On my old desktop, most Total War games were installed and never gotten rid of.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
PC:
Nothing right now. Before, Team Fortress 2 was a permanent fixture for basically a decade until I decided to 'retire', but now I tend to not keep stuff installed I'm not using. My emulators are on there permanently tho, and all the ripped games are on a big ssd. Could play a few hundred games at a moments notice. Then again, you could question whether that counts as installed.

Switch:
Basically everything. None of my physical games need an install, while the digital ones are small enough and my sd card large enough that I haven't had reason to uninstall anything. But if you want the full rundown of what's on there anyway:
  • Blasphemous
  • Gris
  • Hades
  • Hollow Knight
  • Mo:Astray
  • Ni no Kuni
  • Saga Scarlet Grace Ambitions
  • Sayonara Wild Hearts
  • Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero
  • Shinseiki Into The Depths
  • The Touryst
  • Yoku's Island Express

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
On PS4:

Odin Sphere
Gravity Rush
Journey
Snake Pass
Shadow of the Colossus
God of War
Spider-Man
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Ape Escape 2
FF7 Remake
Resident Evil 4
REmake
RE2 Remake
TLoU2 (cuz you know, I hate myself)

On Switch:

Hollow Knight
Okami HD
Stardew Valley
Owl Boy
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Tetris 99
Celeste
Return of the Obra Dinn
Undertale
Metal Slug 2
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD

Some of these on the Switch I still need to really play though -- it's so easy to just buy a bunch of indie games on Switch and then never play them.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
... All of them. I don't play many AAA games on PC and I don't have a modern last gen console that forces you to install all your games. Windows says I have 124 games in my games folder totaling 200GB, but I might have a couple more scattered across my hard drive from my younger days before I started installing everything to one folder and let the games install themselves to program files or wherever they liked.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
PS4
Control. Between my wife and I both loving this game, we keep it on in case one of us gets an itch to play it again.
Dying Light. My wife plays it on the PS4, I play it on the PC.

PC
Slay the Spire. This is sort of my idle game. I'll play this while watching stuff on YT, as it doesn't need sound, and I'm still trying to beat it with all the characters.

Dying Light. I love this game, so it gets played a lot. Plus, I'm planning on cooking up a Dying Light tabletop game using the GENESYS rule system, once my friends and I are fully vaccinated. So having it for research of the various regions will be handy.

Sheltered. A really fun 8bit inspired post apocalypse game. Really engaging. Haven't played it in a while, but I never delete it because you never know when you get the itch.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
On my PC, always Halo.

I recently reformatted my PC, and Halo was the first game that I installed.

As for my PS4 and Switch, I have yet to reach the storage cap on either, so everything is installed - that said, If I had to consciously pick some games to had to always be there, I'd say Spider-Man (2018) for the PS4, and Slay the Spire, Hades, and Into the Breach on the Switch.

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
Pretty much just Halo MCC, since I play that regularly with friends. It's usually the multiplayer titles that stick around, single player titles tend to get the boot once I'm done. I had HoTs and Overwatch installed for the longest time but one day I decided I was done with them and they got the boot eventually.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
PS4:
  • All of my Devil May Cry games
  • Bayonetta, Vanquish, Transformers Devastation, and W101
  • Resident Evil Remake 1, 2, & 3. RE4&5
  • Evil Within 1 & 2
  • Streets of Rage 4 and a ton of brawlers all in one folder.
  • Street Fighter IV and V
  • Samurai Showdown
  • and many other games I can't bother to list right now.
I mean... I dont think this list suprises anyone

Reactions: BrawlMan

Kyrian007

Nemo saltat sobrius
Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
Generally only games with small filesizes that wouldn't free up too much space if I did delete them and have replayability. Masters of Orion 2, FTL, and Stardew Valley come to mind. Far Cry 5 had recently been on my PC since I first purchased it a day after release. It was always nice to have on hand when I wanted something mindless and shooty. I'll usually have a shooter on hand in case I just want to zone out with something that isn't any more complicated than a shooter. But I cleared out FC5 when I bought Borderlands 3. And having cleared the last of its DLC's... its coming down pretty soon, I just haven't bothered yet.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I mean... I dont think this list suprises anyone
I was not trying to surprise anyone. Here's more on my PS4:

• Wipeout Omega Collection
  • RedOut
  • Driveclub
  • Burnout Paradise
  • Doom 4
  • Bulletstorm
  • Hard Reset
  • BioShock Collection
  • Arkham Collection
  • Nex Machina
  • Titanfall 2
  • Last Blade 2
  • Tekken 7
  • Dragonball FighterZ
  • Tetris Effect
  • Rez Infinite
  • Capcom Beat'em Up Bundle
  • Zombie Army 4
  • Robo Army
  • Sengoku 3
  • Onechanbara Z2 Chaos
  • Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae
  • Fight N Rage
  • Ninja Saviors
  • Contra and Castlevania Collection
  • Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
  • Metal Slug Anthology
  • Ghost of Tsuhima
  • Superhot
  • Driveclub
  • Horizon Chase Turbo
  • Crash Insane Trilogy and 4
  • Kill La Kill IF
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Garou
  • King of Fighters XIV
  • God of War III & 4
  • Raiden V
  • Broforce
  • Shovel Knight
  • Sonic Mania
  • Rayman Legends
  • Disney Afternoon Collection
  • Strider (2014)
  • Sayonara Wild Hearts
  • Odin Sphere
  • Dragon's Crown
  • Miles Morales

Last edited:

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
I keep too many installed because i only unistall when i need the space. But games i am regularly revisiting :

Total War Warhammer II
Europa Universalis IV
Stellaris
Crusader Kings II (III is just not there yet)

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
On PS4:

Arkham Trilogy
Axiom Verge
Blasphemous
Broforce
Celeste
Dead Island
Dying Light
Fall Guys
Far Cry Primal
Grow Home/Up
Hollow Knight
Horizon Zero Dawn
Just Cause 3
Kingdom Hearts (all of them)
The Last of Us
Mad Max
Odin Sphere
Overcooked!
REmake
Resident Evil 4
Shadow of the Colossus
Spider-Man
SteamWorld Dig 1/2/Heist
Strider
This War of Mine
Thomas Was Alone
Valiant Hearts
The Witness

Reactions: BrawlMan

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I had HoTs and Overwatch installed for the longest time but one day I decided I was done with them and they got the boot eventually.
Heroes of the Storm breaks my heart.

I remember when that game used to get regular updates, with a new hero every month or so.

Now the game is lucky to get 2 heroes a year, and updates are few and far between. Hell, the Christmas event was still running up until a couple of weeks ago - either because they forgot to turn it off, or it was at least something to do.

I maintain that HotS is still the best MOBA out there, but I just think it is sad that the game was never as popular as I hoped it would be. To Blizzard's credit, they do support their games for a very long time, at least. StarCraft 2 was still receiving new content up until Oct 2020, so maybe we will see something similar, here - its just sad to see the game's support be a shell of its former self.