Games you like, but everyone seems to hate

1nfinite_Cros5

Mar 31, 2010
Splinter Cell Conviction - I really liked the flow of combat in this game, even though they weren't truly stealth mechanics. The story was alright, but the co-op was fantastic.

Starfox Adventures - Too many people complained that this was a copy of Zelda. While true, what they don't realize is that it's copying some pretty good stuff. The 1-on-1 combat was refreshing and the puzzles were clever.

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
Call of duty
no really it seems the people who like the game are no where to be found...

Mp3orso

Jul 17, 2011
Duke Nukem Forever
Doom 3
Half-Life 2 (This shouldnt have to be on here, but especially on The Escapist, I see people ripping on this game)

Chaos James

Bastion of Debauchery
May 27, 2011
Kid Kool and the Quest for the Seven Wonder Herbs for the NES.

I love playing it, I found it a few years ago and I've enjoyed the challenge and fun platforming, but everyone seems to hate it (heck, the AVGN even did a video on it, lol).

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
Any pen & paper RPG. Ever since home internet and Black Isle came about, even the people I use to role-play with on a regular basis quit and never looked back. But damn it, I miss it!

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Final Fantasy XIII.

While I do like VII and IX better, I think people are a little too hard on this game. I personally found it quite fun.

Rufei

Mar 30, 2011
New Troll said:
Any pen & paper RPG. Ever since home internet and Black Isle came about, even the people I use to role-play with on a regular basis quit and never looked back. But damn it, I miss it!
...which PnP RPGs?

...I also love the Atelier series, especially the PS2 generation ones. I hear everyone thinks they're just those 2D JPRGs that keep getting pumped out, though.

GamerKT

Jul 27, 2009
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows is really fun, but most people put it in the group of horrible Spider-Man games.

Swifty714

Jun 1, 2011
Any RTS released for a console.

Dunno whats up with the hate. People constantly complain about the controls not being very fluent, or other things like that, whereas I feel they are very fluent and easy to manage.

The only game that breaks this rule is CaC: Tiberium Wars, which made my head spin with the controls being so schizophrenic.

the spud

May 2, 2011
Twilight Princess. It isn't what you would call "hated", but it does have a large number of haters relative to most Zelda games. It couldn't be better in my eyes, it was the return to form that we had all been begging for (not to imply that innovation is a bad thing, we all need a nostalgia trip every now and then).

YonderTunic

Mar 4, 2010
The Megaman Battle Network series. They were unique and a lotta fun. Yah yah I know it wasn't "really" megaman. But I liked them all. Most of them all anyways, 4 was pretty damn bad.

sarttan

Apr 5, 2011
Brink. I know it has flaws, like the AI, but its actually a pretty solid team-based shooter.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3. I haven't played the originals, but I am aware who published it and because it doesn't require Origin and I'm only ever going to install it on one PC anyway, I couldn't care less whether EA or someone else put their stamp on it. And it is still a good game - just because it isn't old doesn't automatically make it bad.

And just another fact for the record: I like both Starcraft games.

Aiden Raine

Oct 3, 2011
Star Ocean 3. and no one can ever actually give me a straight answer whenever I ask them exactly what they don't like about it. it's like they don't like it just because they see other people hating on it, and they want to be one of "the cool kids" or something.