Games you love, but no one else seems to know about or remember.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I love the old Spectre on the Mac. One of the first games I ever played and it had everything. The levels changed, new enemy's appeared, boss battles, advanced weapons, upgrades, power-ups and it had online multiplayer.

Also I have to mention You Don't Know Jack. I don't care which version, they're all good. I come back to it every now and again with some fresh victims for me and the game humiliate. Check it out. This is an old game I first played on our first computer as well, but it has hundreds of sequels.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Elijin said:
Anyone remember Gex 3D? Another generic 'Hey look, 3D platformers!' starring a secret agent gecko. Had some unique style. No?
It's tail time! >:D

I especially like Gex 2. For god knows what reason though, that's the only game in the Gex trilogy that's not on the PSN last I checked. >_<

Helscreama

Nov 29, 2009
Far West, everyone I speak to has never heard of it and yes, it is buggy as all hell BUT what other game lets you run a longhorn ranch in the wild west!

TheSchizoid

Oct 28, 2009
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
Mr Dizazta said:
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. One of my all time favorite games for the GBA, but I have only met a handful of people who have ever played the game.
Count me as among those whom have played and beat the game. Was pretty fun.

OT: Secret of Evermore. Name six other games where your canine companion is also a toaster-bazooka-robot.

Yeah, thought so.
While it wasn't as good as the original FFT, FFTA was a good game. Wasn't a huge fan of the law system though. A2 fell apart, especially with the law system and making the computer immune to it.

Also liked Evermore. Got it because of the awesomeness of Secret Of Mana. Wasn't as good but it was still fun.

I'm going to say "BMX XXX". Yes it was a pointless endeavor to have nudity on the major consoles but it was a fun bike game on top of being a bit dirty. Plus you could bike as topless She-Hulk.

Honorable mention goes to "Darkened Skye". It was a fun little platformer game that had a Skittles tie-in. Seriously! You had to collect Skittles and repair the rainbow. I only got to rent it but I still liked it.

NoPants2win

Dec 4, 2010
Street Rod 2. It was a racing game where you modified your car by going underneath and wrenching on things. I learned a lot about engines and classic cars from that game. I guess the actual racing part wasn't as good. The game was still awesome though.

the27thvoice

Aug 19, 2010
The Return to Castle Wolfenstein multi-player. I loved that game to bits. Useful classes, teamplay trumped Rambos, each map had an objective that was larger than player lives or kill counts. Best FPS ever, and freaking Battlefield got the press and the mass love.
Later, when they failed to make a single-player sequel to RtCW, they released the multi-player sequel Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory for free.

I've never been much into shooters, but those games really deserved more players.

ADeadDuck

Aug 23, 2013
i have a game in my head that i cant seem to remember the name

the story is you are a purple haired girl who gets kidnapped and then taken over to a "major" city and sold into slaver
a few years pass and you "wake up" and have to go to the boss and ask what the daily chores are,

you have to kill several rats in the attic and get the boss's sons mages collage uniform from the tailor.

after you have done those you get told to find the son and tell him his mother wants to see him,

after you pass on the message he says something along the lines of "i dont take orders from you (name he gave you) ill go home when i want" then he attempts to cast some sort of spell on you and you hit him across the head with a nearby stick

just so happens the leaders of the mage and fighters collage saw and stoped the boy and his 2 nearby friends from beating you.

after that you are freed from slavery from the leaders and instructed to go to the city and meet the head master

a little bit after that you end up purchasing a mysterious ring (or something else) and a priestess appears.

thats all i can remember about the game. if anyone knows what its called can they tell me please. i want to play it again but i cant remember the name

Thanks

Gomithrus

Nov 2, 2009
Superpower 2 - a game where you select a country and manage its military, economy, laws, international relations, etc. Was very fun except for the combat system which was better in the first one.

Republic: The Revolution - you are man seeking revenge against the president of a made-up soviet republic. You are the architect of a revolution. Problem was the game bugged out for me in the first city.

Bio-Menace - side scrolling shooter, loads of fun

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
CandideWolf said:
Radiata Stories, one of the cutest, most thoughtfully created PS2 RPGs from the always outstanding tri-Ace. It is the pinnacle of traditional action RPGs.
I love this game so fucking much and it could also get pretty damn dark at times depending on which path you take.

OT: Uncharted Waters New Horizons for the SNES I love that game so much but none even know of it.

Glongpre

Jun 11, 2013
the27thvoice said:
The Return to Castle Wolfenstein multi-player. I loved that game to bits. Useful classes, teamplay trumped Rambos, each map had an objective that was larger than player lives or kill counts. Best FPS ever, and freaking Battlefield got the press and the mass love.
Later, when they failed to make a single-player sequel to RtCW, they released the multi-player sequel Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory for free.

I've never been much into shooters, but those games really deserved more players.
Oh man enemy territory was so good. I'm waiting for a sequel, maybe bethesda will add it to the new wolfenstein? One can dream...

PonceyMcTosserFaic

Jul 30, 2011
Da Orky Man said:
Tachyon: The Fringe, a PC game from 2000. A rather good space sim with a branching storyline and a main character voiced by Bruce Campbell. I've only ever met one other person in real life who has even heard of it.
I still have my copy of Tachyon, and it is the only game in which I actually fought for the corporation.

Zeldias

Oct 5, 2011
Wild Guns: A western sci-fi shoot 'em up with electric lassos and generally just bizarre. Fun as HELL, though.

Guardian Heroes: RPG beat 'em up that solved that annoying X-axis problem by dividing the screen into three rows, which also allowed for smoother inputs to do special moves and cast magic with commands.

Loaded: Top-down shoot 'em up where you play freakish sci-fi criminals. Was awesoooome.

Fighting Vipers: Crazy 3D fighting game where you can smash armor off your opponents. Lead to the venerable Fighters Megamix.

Three Dirty Dwarves: Sidescrolling beat 'em up. Not much to say other than it was a blast.

Romance of the Three Kingdom 7: Godlike.

It's funny reading this, because folks are mentioning games I either loved or wanted to play like Beyond Oasis.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Heart Of Darkness

I know a few of you here know what it is but jeez, not a single person I know in real life has the faintest idea of what it is.

prpshrt

Jun 18, 2012
Digimon world 3. I used to love the game on the PS One and no one that I know seems to be aware of its existence.

broca

Apr 30, 2013
Incubation. It's still one of my favorite turn-based squad tactics games. It has everything i want from such a game: depth, difficulty, interesting enemy design, varied mission design, xp-based customization and a great setting. It even has a giant mech.