Games you NEVER finished / gave up on.

joschen

Jun 15, 2009
Aunel said:
Greyfox105 said:
[PROTOTYPE].
I just got so bored with it. even the blood started to bore me on it...
And I like bloody games.
yeah, it gets stale very fast.

OT: yeah, Prototype, and both Blinx games.
Indeed, prototype is just too much sandbox... I did complete it thou.

Here's another one; Devil May Cry 4. You cant save by opening the menu, to save you have to complete the course. The entire save and load part of the game is fucked up.
For example, i save when i complete a course. This results in the next time i load that save, i will have to play that fucking map before the save one more time. So if you want your saves to be of any use, you will have to complete the map before the save once more, the map after that and THEN save...

Akula

Nov 11, 2008
Elder Scrolls IV: Morrowind - I liked the unique world and the lore behind it, but after exploring about half the island I found myself bored and unchallenged. I was so swamped with identical side-quests that I couldn't even remember what the main plot was about in the end. And they couldn't even reward you properly for completing them, there was nothing like clearing out another generic slaver cave, wasting a bunch of lock picks opening a chest with a lv100 lock only to find it to be completely empty.

Siren for the PlayStation 2- Having to replay previous levels to complete secondary objectives that the developers for some reason didn't bother to tell you about the first time around really killed an already frustrating game.

Advance Wars- I was one mission away from completing the whole game with a perfect S score until a drunken friend overwrote my save.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
C&C: Red Alert 2 was the first C&C game I didnt finish, and all of them since have also layed unfinished. Reason? Boring campaigns.

Joa_Belgium

Aug 29, 2009
Ninja Gaiden 2 and Lost Odyssey. The first one is just too hard and the second one is too boring.

masterkeaton

Sep 3, 2008
I've Never Beaten:
Super Metroid- Finished Maridia then had no bloody clue where to go
Metroid Prime 2- Boost Ball Guardian, I gave up after my 6th or 7th attempt
Fallout 3- Dont reall want to finish it :p
Metroid (NES)- Too Confusing for me :p
Zelda: Majora's Mask- Always got Stuck at Stone Tower Temple

Thats it really

goatzilla8463

Dec 11, 2008
nicole1207 said:
goatzilla8463 said:
I'm almost ashamed to say that Rayman II beat me.
Was it the Cave of Bad Dreams? Damn you Cave of Bad Dreams.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma due to '***** in the church', the new Prince of Persia, Croc, Driver (I couldn't get passed the 'training level') and of course Rings of Power on the Megadrive... fucking Rings of Power....
Nope, I couldn't get past the ice boss. You had to swing on all of those stupid purple lums and then drop an icicle on his head. Well, F*** him.

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
I never let a game beat me.
Ever.
It just feels wrong. I might put it down for a bit when I get frustrated, but I WILL beat it no matter what.

Aedwynn

Jan 10, 2009
I've yet to finish Warcraft III. (I got to the penultimate mission, I think, before I just got fed up with it... again. I'll finish the game any decade now.)

Stonekeep is another old game that I never could quite manage to do. I even got it from GOG.com in order to put one of my "Games I Never Beat as a Kid*" games down... but am stuck in pretty much the same place I got to when I was a kid*. Bah.

Emperor: Battle For Dune is a game I can get to the last mission on with every faction save Harkonnen (I get stuck much earlier with those). But I can't quite do the last mission. I only even ever got close once. Bah.

Dalisclock said:
-Red Alert 3. Finished the Allied and Soviet Campaigns. Just couldn't bring myself to finish the Empire Campaign. Got to the Shogun Executioner in Moscow level and keep getting a "Mission Failed" for no reason. Eventually just gave up because I didn't care enough to put up with that.
Hey! Me too. Although - I usually get within a hair's breadth of completing it, and then the Soviets eat my base whilst I'm trying to support the Shogun Executioner. It does kinda look like the 'Mission Failed' comes out of nowhere... Think that may be RA3's Scrappy Level?
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThatOneLevel?from=Main.ScrappyLevel

*Well, by 'Kid' I mean teenager. Gods, I feel old.

ZeroDotZero

Sep 18, 2009
Off the top of my head:

-Alien Hominid
-Lego Batman
-Shadow the Hedgehog
-Kirby and the Crystal Shards
-Twilight Princess

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
Final Fantasy 8. Couldn't find the way forward after we launched Rinoa to space. Also, Final Fantasy 12 if only because I got my 360. I clocked massive hours into that game.

Oblivion because I thought I'd like it (I'm an RPG guy as you can see), but my tastes started leaning towards action at that point. Plus I was trying to get the most out of my limited time on Xbox Live.

Hlain

Sep 26, 2009
Final Fantasy XII, MGS 3 (which I for some odd reason sold to buy FF XII), Stalker, Overlord and probably some more...

scoHish

Mar 27, 2008
dekkarax said:
Far Cry 2, played it for two weeks, never touched it again.
Glad to know I'm not the only one. Everyone made it out to be the best thing ever, I didn't really care for it.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
The_Oracle said:
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, which was a shame, because it had a lot going for it, but the infamous Star Destroyer level is utterly, UTTERLY broken and is fucking impossible on a Xbox 360 controller. The game developers should be ashamed of themselves.
I endured it through three difficulty settings. And that almost destroyed my mind. You're right though - that part was so very broken. I wasn't exactly sure what I had to do, even by the third time around.

OT: I never completed the original Halo solo on Legendary. Truth and Reconciliation was beyond me.

Apart from that, not anything else I can remember presently and it wouldn't be many anyway - I'm pretty compulsive about finishing games.

Kingsman

Feb 5, 2009
I have a host of games on my DS I haven't finished, which I probably should.

TWEWY (Because I lost the stylus, which makes the game much more difficult to play, believe you me)

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (The battles are all really damn hard, but putting in a 40-day time limit? That's just not fair.)

Chrono Trigger (Just lost interest when I realized the game can let you beat it in any time period... hm. Might try starting it up again.)

Assasin's Creed: Altair's Chronicle (I got it under the pretense that it would be some smaller-scale version of the actual titles, which I now realize was hopelessly over-optimistic. Linear, graphically shit, terrible gameplay, no crowds.... Bah. No.)

Splinter Cell (Dunno what the f*** to do, and it's only the first level. D:)

Soul Calibur 3 on PS2 (Y'know, I liked playing this game all the way up to the point where it takes my lvl. 25-30 characters and puts them against a lvl. 50 Pwninator with regenerating health on a slippery platform with small boundaries. Fuck. That.)

Simpsons Game on PS2 (There are no words for how bad this game is. The quips are all great, but it's a graphic nightmare, and I can't stand playing through the levels.)

sqwalnoc

Nov 2, 2008
Maaaaaan, I have loads:
Fallout 3. i've played it as 4 different characters but never actually finished it for some reason

Z steel soldiers. got to level 27 out of 30 then just couldnt be bothered

final fantasy x. got to riiight near the end then got killed by one of them big purple ogre things that cheatingly fires an attack at all of your people AFTER its dead, all three people dead after a long battle "fuck this" said I

Farcry. got to the big trigen boss near the end that fires grenades at you while jumping around, being invisble and having a gun that kills you in one hit.. never got past him

GTAIV. this one confused me.. i liked it an everything but one day I sat down to play my xbox and just played something else.. never played it since

Halo 3. yaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnnnn

lol. I actually cant be bothered to give a reason for each one anymore so heres a list:
C&C 3, Black and White, bad Company, Diablo II, Red faction guerrilla, Stalker

I need to sort this out I think...

TheBXRabbit

Feb 15, 2009
I haven't given up on it yet, but Far Cry 2 continues to elude me. I either have other stuff I haven't played, I get hit with a bug that requires me to redo everything since my last save, or combat fatigue wears me down to the point where I have to play something else to regain sanity.

But I haven't given up. I just finished my third Dead Space playthrough (I don't know why I like that game so goddamn much but I do), so now I'm planning on burning through Mirror's Edge again before going back to FC2. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish this time.

Also, what's the deal with people not being able to finish Prototype? Maybe it's just because I've beaten the game it's the spiritual successor to, but I had no motivational trouble when beating that game.