Games you never tire of playing

Nailzzz

Apr 6, 2015
otakon17 said:
Chrono Trigger, no joke I've played it again and again since I discovered it on emulator many years ago in high school, I saw it in ToysRUs for the first time many years before that and I was instantly intrigued because of the artwork of Akira Toriyama. Love that game, I will never tire of playing it over and over.
I remember playing this game at release and being absolutely convinced that this game was the future of rpg's. Amazing story with choices that have a real outcome on the game world and ending. Suffice it to say, I have been woefully disappointed in that genre the past couple decades.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
The original Burnout trilogy is probably my all-time favorite auto racing series...granted, I spend a lot more time in Crash mode than in actual races. More surprisingly though are the Pokemon RPGs. I've started and re-started and re-started multiple profiles in multiple generations of Pokemon. The only one I don't really care as much for are Ruby and Sapphire (this applies to the remakes too). My all-time favorite being Silver/Gold and their remakes.

Thurston

Nov 1, 2007
Still fire up Master of Magic and Master of Orion a couple of times a year. Nothing beats fantastic/intergalactic conquest in that tasty mid '90s graphics.

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Pokemon. Particularly with Red and Blue, when I was a kid. Beat the Elite Four? Time to start over. I was less into catching'em all and more into trying different teams each playthrough.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Mount and Blade Warband -so many huge mods. Leading a massive cavalry charge into an enemy army's flank never gets old.

Skyrim -another case of huge amounts of mods so that I never run out of new things to do.

CS:GO -I'm not even good at the game, but I never really get tired of it. I think the main reason I love the game is the map design. The maps in this game are so much better than any other FPS currently out IMO.

Sep 13, 2009
Here we go!

Halo 3 This game is just so incredibly sustainable. It's in a small category of 4 player couch multiplayer games, and the rules customizations are such that you can play it in so many different ways. Our favorite custom game modes are:

H1N1 (Shut up, I made this years ago) - Infection with one super powerful and fast zombie against 3 regular players. The players get a random primary weapon with a lazer sword as their secondary weapon, chiefly for defense. We almost always play this on Sandtrap.

Sneaky Zombie - Infection again, except while the zombies are still incredibly fast, they have very low HP. This is offset by the fact that they're invisible. We usually play this in Foundry

UNNAMED ROCKET VARIANT - Recent creation, 300% speed, 50% gravity combined with infinite rocket launchers. This game mode has proven to be ridiculously fun. Trying to hit someone with a rocket when they're basically flying across the map is hard, but you get a knack for it eventually, and the odd occasion you get an assassination is just so satisfying.

Crash Team Racing - I have yet to see a racing game that was at all comparable to this. For all it's popularity, Mario Kart doesn't even hold a candle to it, and this game only got a single entry on the PSone. To this day my brothers and I can pick up this game and still enjoy it. This is after playing it for 15 years

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Sonic & Knuckles is definitely a game that I never tire of playing. Whether it's to relieve the glory day of the Blue Blur or just speed run through some of my favorite levels, it's a classic in every sense of the word.

On a more modern front, I always enjoy a good fighting match, so I turn to Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Skullgirls to fill that brawling itch.

For a more on-the-go craving, I pull out my handheld device and go Marathon Mode in Tetris, my favorite puzzle game of all time.

joest01

Apr 15, 2009
Interesting thread. And funny how a lot of games I go back to pop up on the list.

Mirrors Edge, Revengeance, Borderlands2, RE4. Even something as obscure as UT2004 finds some love.

How come none of the above except maybe BL2 because Bahroo can't stop playing it (or has he?) are being streamed on twitch.

I would defintely watch me some high level Mirrors Edge or Revengeance gameplay.

And oh, where is Ninja Gaiden on the list?

FrozenLaughs

Sep 9, 2013
Xcom:EW. I'm not even a hardcore player, I've probably lost more games than I've won. I'm not a number cruncher or a save scummer. I've never beat ironman or Hardcore. Im on console so I've never experienced any mods. I actually enjoy the difficulty and sheer randomness of the game. In a strange way it reminds me of playing D&D, but can't really explain why.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
The Dungeon Keeper games (including War for the Overworld, now that it's basically done): They're just so damn charming that I can't help but keep coming back to them just to tool around. Even just building a dungeon and watching your minions work, eat, sleep, train, collect wages, etc. is incredibly entertaining.

X-Com (EW): I don't even pretend to be that good at the game, but something about the atmosphere and set-up of this game just keeps drawing me back in over and over again. It's just so much fun to start out with a paltry force of rookie soldiers and a few fighter jets, and then over time and research, eventually be running around with power-armor wearing genetically engineered psychic super soldiers with plasma rifles, defending the earth with reverse engineered fighter UFOs that cruise at Mach 5.

Skyrim: There's just so many damn mods in addition to the insane amount of content, that it's never the same game twice.

Torchlight 2: Similar to Skyrim, there is a ton of mods for this game including lots of new character classes that I constantly find myself going back and playing it again.

mrbonzai211

Mar 30, 2009
Flame Shield On:

I've been playing LoL non-stop since beta. I also can't stop asking people if they like Fiddlesticks, and that they must be a gay fish then.

PurplePonyArcade

Apr 9, 2015
Games I never tire of playing? ANY fighting game I like, I am big into arcade games to so stuff like that. Skyrim, Team Fortress 2 and the Pokemon series are more examples of games I never tire off. The only visual novel I have ever liked is also one game I dont tire off and that is Katawa Shoujo. The Castlevania series both linear and metroidvania I never tire of and on that subject Dust: An Elysian Tail is a game that just never stops amazing me and making me happy. On the darker side of that enjoyment I also never tire of Bioshock and Dark Souls.