Games you own, but have no desire to play.

Yellowbeard

Nov 2, 2010
Universe Sandbox. Just bought it because it's awesome that someone made it.

CoD4. Holy motherfucking christ is that game a piece of shit. The internet told me it was the good CoD! I got something like halfway through and couldn't endure any more.

Braid. Just can't stay interested in an artfully designed game with no real context at all.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
I got Saga Frontier for a nice price since it's a game you don't see much nowadays. Started it, still don't understand what i'm supposed to do. It's been in my shelf ever since.

Haakmed

Oct 29, 2010
Crusader Kings 2. I enjoyed Hearts of Iron 3 but they are both waaay more complicated than i really feel they should be. which is why neither of them is currently installed or has more than 10 hours of gameplay between both of them. Just Don't want to take on the learning curve for something like that.

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
Borderlands and the STALKER series. Both have great reviews and I hear great things about them, but neither has more than 30 minutes played.

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
Now that you ask, there's an embarassing amount of games I bought on a whim, played maybe 20 minutes of and lost interest. I've been improving, though.

Probably the worst case is Warhammer: Mark of Chaos, which I bought on release (nostalgia, WFRP was my first tabletop RPG), and hence paid the full release price for while knowing almost nothing about the game. I don't think I've ever played beyond the tutorial.

There's also a buttload of games which came with a magazine I used to read. At their peak, they'd have a big title and a few indie/low-budget ones with each issue. A whole lot of those games I don't know beyond the title.

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
Skyrim, dead rising 2, fallout 3, new vegas and dragon age.

I've probably sunk at least 4 hours into each but I can't bring myself to play any more. None of them are engaging enough to hold my attention for long periods of time.

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
My racing games that I bought back when I liked racing games, my anthology and midway collections on PS2, GTA4, and Fallout 3.

Beffudled Sheep said:
Primal for the ps2. Picked it up some years back on the cheap but never decided to play it for some reason.
You should play it. If only just for it's sheer uniqueness.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
I have all three Grand Theft Auto PS2 titles, (left here by someone years ago) as well as a copy of GTAIV I got with Max Payne 3.

I've had these in my collection for the majority of the year, and haven't so much as opened the case of any of them. I dunno why; I've heard they're good games. Just can't be bothered, despite really wanting something new to play (though I currently have FFVII filling that role).

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
I've got a PS3 game called Mayhem. It's a racing/smash-up-derby game that's in 3D! But not really. Anyway, it's got bad controls and all the vehicles feel the same when driving. I played it when I got it, got about 1/3 through it, and I haven't played it since.

Also, I haven't played Stranglehold for myself on my PS3, because when it came out me and a friend rented it and played the shit out of it. I picked it up used like 4 months ago and I haven't played it yet. Maybe one day I'll watch Hardboiled then play through. Woo-t (get it?! John Woo? w00t?! Hahaha I'm so funny!)

Shadow flame master

Jul 1, 2011
Shadow the Hedgehog.

I got for christmas a couple of years ago, and even though I played it a bit, there was something about it that put me off. Even to this day I still haven't played it.

Quicksilver_Phoenix

Apr 14, 2009
I'll probably get a bit of hate for this, but....

Final Fantasy VII. Don't get me wrong, I like the ideas and the characters. But there's so many things that you wouldn't know without help, that I find myself using a guide for the whole game. And even then, it doesn't always work (Vincent didn't join my party after doing everything I should to get him, for instance). The intense length and the amount of things i'd miss without a guide (like things you can interact with that give no indication that you can) have put me off finishing a game i'd otherwise enjoy.

keosegg

Jul 9, 2011
The Witcher 2.

Dunno why. Yeah I thought the game had numerous flaws; the unintuitive interface, the combat system that handles like utter balls, and a main character that made me want to slap him until his eyes switched places (and that's saying something because I usually like every character in a work, hell, I even liked Lori from The Walking Dead TV show).

But despite all that, it didn't make me want to stop playing. I just didn't pick it up again after my first time playing it.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Braid.

I get a few minutes into it and think 'wait, I don't even LIKE platformers!', plus the tone doesn't really resonate with me, but that's more of a personal thing.

That being said, I've enjoyed Limbo and Abe's Oddysee, so...guess they're exceptions.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Full Throtle, got it a year ago but only opened the jewel case once to see if everything was complete, time to actually run it I guess.

KissmahArceus

Mar 1, 2011
Darksiders - Too samey and clunky combat (compared to Bayonetta/NG2)
Blue Dragon - Because of the shitty frame rate in battle and ALL THE POO
Dishonored - The game rules.... but it isn't XCOM and I have 5 campaigns on the go in XCOM so maybe next year?
Hitman - Same as above, I am looking forward to playing it but when? Who knows
Far Cry 3 - The story is annoying, the draw distance is pants at times (on 360) and the HUD can bugger offbut once the HUD is patched, I will play it and ignore what I hate about the story and just enjoy the game's sytems