Games you play the villain

CRAVE CASE 55

Jan 2, 2009
Mafia 2.

You play as you guessed it, a mafia foot soldier in the '50s trying to rise through the ranks. One of the prolouge missions is the nefarious act of stealing ration stamps during WW2, so you're pretty much a aweful person.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
psijac said:
what about a game where you think you are the hero but turn out to be the villian

Specc Ops: The Line
I swear you were going to say...
Nier
Or, you know...
Shadow of the Colossus

srm79

Jan 31, 2010
Zipzip the Penguin said:
Neverhoodian said:
Tie Fighter does a superb job portraying the Galactic Empire in a sympathetic light. From the player's perspective, your actions are to preserve order and stability in the galaxy from terrorists, criminals and traitors. As Obi-Wan once said, it all depends on one's point of view.

You can get it from GOG nowadays for $10. Highly recommended for any Star Wars and/or space combat game fan.
Wow, didn't expect someone to bring that up. Been sitting in my room on a set of floppy discs for years now. Guess I'm off to GoG.
Still one of my all time favourite games. I still dust off my old Saitek joystick once in a blue moon and fire up the X-Wing/TIE Fighter games!

Dansen

Master Lurker
Mar 24, 2010
Seth Carter said:
Well there's Destiny. You play a soldier in an army of zombies that run around massacring three other races who don't seem to be doing anything other then scavenging resources, on the say so of a creepy guy in a mask who supposedly talks for a dead god-thing.

(Even in the lore cards, the Cabal aren't attacking earth in any way, they're trying to rebuild and contact their main fleet for rescue when you come stomping through on your mission, and are actively fighting the apparent big bad race)

Black Flag comes to mind. Edward Kenway is basically a selfish bastard ruthlessly attacking ships and so on for personal gain for most or all of the game. He only barely aligns with the good guys at the final parts, and even then his loyalty is more to friends than any real cause.
Apparently in the earlier drafts of destiny(before they butchered it for dlc) the traveler and the speaker were evil, and the player would find that out eventually. so that might explain the creepy vibe I guess.

Well there is always shadow of the colossus, where you basically make a deal with satan to free him in exchange for the life of your loved one.

Ushiromiya Battler

Oddly satisfied
Feb 7, 2010
Infernai said:
Drakengard 1 is basically a game about Evil vs Evil so, technically, you are more or less the bad guy...just the lesser Evil.
This is pretty much the perfect game for love playing evil dudes. The amount of people you slaughter in that game is ridiculous. You even get to kill some
child soldiers
The combat is atrocious though. It feels like the developers did whatever they could to make playing through the game the biggest chore in existence.

Jiggle Counter

Sep 18, 2014
AetherWolf said:
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance I mean, uhh, whoops, I probably shouldn't open that can of worms...
Too late.

Okay so from memory, the game basically does a The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe.

All the protagonists' lives, in the real world, suck in one way or another. However, in the magical world, their real-life ailments don't apply there.

Our main protagonist's friends and family turn out to become the game's main antagonists, as the main protagonist attempts to get back to the real world. However, he can't just LEAVE, the only way he can leave is by destroying the structures that hold the magical world together. It is believed that if he succeeds, his friends will return home and the magical world will die.

Causing world destruction DOES seem kinda evil...

But I view it like this, the main character is simply trying to slap his 'drug' addicted friends out of their unhealthy crutches.