Games you think are great, even though no one else seems to like them.

kfwanderer

Oct 1, 2008
It seems that NO one likes my favorite series, the "Legacy of Kain/ Soul Reaver" series. The action is a little repetitive, but the storyline more than makes up for it, in my most humble of opinions.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Not to tread on ground I've tread upon so often that grass will no longer grow, but:

Victoria: Revolutions. 5.3 from Gamespot, 9.5 from me.

The Sims 2. I've got some pretty good hardcore gamer chops but once spent a good half hour talking about Sims neighborhoods with my casual-gamer female coworker. Not afraid to get my street cred dirty, that's for sure.

The esoteric simulation genre, games that my wife derisively calls "playing Microsoft Excel". Examples: Port Royale/Patrician, Uncharted Waters, Out of the Park Baseball.

Humanfishboy

Aug 9, 2008
The Sims 2. I'd go as far as to say it's one of my favourite games, and I have high hopes for Sims 3 (though I'm slightly scared by the news that Will Wright isn't developing it).
Sims 2 sold a lot and was popular so I guess SOMEONE must like it but I was the only one in my circle of friends who liked the game.
The story telling feature was a huge part of the game for me, I loved making little comedy/dramas ^^

... Kinda want to reinstall it now >.<

Firefly22

Sep 3, 2008
one of my favourite games on 360 is naruto rise of a ninja. its a great stress reliever and very addictive. i got gta 4 and that on the same day and enjoyed rise of a ninja more.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Humanfishboy post=9.72877.777150 said:
The Sims 2. I'd go as far as to say it's one of my favourite games, and I have high hopes for Sims 3 (though I'm slightly scared by the news that Will Wright isn't developing it).
Lucy Bradshaw, not Wright, was the lead developer on Sims 2. Wright was working on the pre-alpha of what would become Spore while EAxis was working on Sims 2.

Archetype

Oct 1, 2008
Oh hell... I have qiute a big list.
Spell Force: The Order of Dawn (An old game, but brilliant gameplay. It's similar to World of Warcraft, but not multiplayer.)
Assassin's Creed (Though I think that has been mentioned a few too many times.)
Glitch (A student developed game.)
Star Wars: Force Unleashed (But I gather that was just released.)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Absolutely damn fantastic.)
Fable: Lost Chapters
Evil Genius (I think this was created by the similar people who made Fable series; Lionhead Studios.)
Dawn of War: Dark Crusade
Medieval: Total War

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
You think you're the only one who liked that game? It sold like gangbusters, spawned an expansion pack, was Gamespy's 2002 PC Game of the Year, and got played absolutely to death by Creative Assembly's legion of strategy fans, and you think you're the only one who liked it?!

I won't even get into KotOR except to say there's a reason so many people are disappointed in Force Unleashed and that's because "it's no KotOR".

Archetype

Oct 1, 2008
SimuLord post=9.72877.777296 said:
You think you're the only one who liked that game? It sold like gangbusters, spawned an expansion pack, was Gamespy's 2002 PC Game of the Year, and got played absolutely to death by Creative Assembly's legion of strategy fans, and you think you're the only one who liked it?!

I won't even get into KotOR except to say there's a reason so many people are disappointed in Force Unleashed and that's because "it's no KotOR".
Never knew about that... Mind you, I don't play it that much to research it's history.

What do you mean you wont go into KotOR? Was it bad or good? And I still thought Force Unleashed was good. It had a lot of action, as well as some RPG aspects.

LV Solace

May 8, 2008
Archetype you just lost major internet points. KotOR was amazing.

I really genuinely like Chrono cross, I dont ever remember finding one other person that liked it. any one who knew about trigger was pissed that there was no crono

spoiler

Until near the end where he is dead then you fight one of the hardest boss fights in the game, and in any game ive played.

Spoiler

But the point is I've never found anyone to like it.

AuntyEthel

Sep 19, 2008
Chrono Cross was great. I also thought it good.

I actually liked the UFC fighting games for PS2, even though I admit they are crappy (I know that sounds weird) I probably wouldn't have liked them if I didn't pick them up for a few quid secondhand.

Futurama game was quite cool as well.

corporate_gamer

Apr 17, 2008
i liked the civilisation:revolution. the one on xbox360. although everyone else i talked to is full of bile for it. but its remarkably good fun.

Archetype

Oct 1, 2008
LV Solace post=9.72877.777454 said:
Archetype you just lost major internet points. KotOR was amazing.
Yes, it WAS amazing. Right now I hardly know anyone who plays it anymore, same with Medieval: Total War.

Simski

Aug 17, 2008
THUG2.
I agree that the plot was far from as good as THUG1, although I still enjoyed playing it alot.
Hell, I even found my own glitch who I have never seen anyone else mention xP

oobee

Dec 30, 2007
the godfather, i have black hand edition. all my friends say mafia was the far superior game and I'm the only one who says otherwise.