Games you think are great, even though no one else seems to like them.

a big stupid idiot

Jan 9, 2008
Well lets see.

The Katamari Damacy series, the Halo series, the Alone In The Dark series and the Phoenix Wright series.

darrinwright

Oct 1, 2008
Justice League: Task Force (SNES). So what if it was a Street Fighter II knock-off? It was an AWESOME knock-off.

Whobajube

Mar 25, 2008
Ahahaha, thank goodness I'm not the only one who love Pokemon Snap. It's such a ridiculous idea to try to explain to someone... but it was executed so well, haha.

Myzlo post=9.72877.778150 said:
For me, Blood Omen 2. I know many consider it the worst game in the Legacy of Kain series, but something about it just keeps me coming back for more.
That and Jet Force Gemini, good lord, I'm surprised it didn't catch on.
Jet Force Gemini was pretty awesome. I think I may have to go dig that out now.

kateatsmouse

Apr 15, 2008
OnlySubscribedtoCommentYahtzee post=9.72877.776167 said:
psychonauts, when I asked my friend if he wanted to borrow it he said he'll never play it..
which i thought was weird
Psychonauts is one of my favorite games, but I basically had to force feed it to two of my friends to get them to play it. I honestly don't understand the hatred this game seems to accrue.

Digitalpotato

Aug 29, 2008
Fruitkicker post=9.72877.776072 said:
Shining Force 1 and 2 for te Sega Megadrive. Awesome games.

When I tell people.. I get laughed at :/
Really? I remember Shining Force 1 received VERY warm reception and was credited as "starting the Tactical RPG series" even though I think Fire Emblem came out first in Japan. Shining Force 2 was also VERY good and there is no way in hell I'd ever laugh at you if you said something good about that...if anything I'd probably laugh out of joy if they decide to release it on the virtual console. (Shining Force 2 had better class balance even if healing was rather broken)

World of Warcraft - Here on this reality. It's just like saying you're an American in a room full of nationalistic Anti-American people.

Shadow Hearts series - this isn't really so much as no one else seeming to like them, this is really more of a case of no one else even seems to know they exist thanks to them having a market window shorter than the Siberian Summer. Shadow Hearts Covenant was pretty well received if I recall, even being given a "PS2 Game of the Year" award by a few gaming websites that advertise games. Of course Shadow Hearts, Covenant, or From the New World never sold well enough to get a "greatest hits" version while popular suckers like Shadow the Hedgehog, Shadow of the Colossus (...okay it's not that bad), and Spongebob made greatest hits within months.

And one thing that sets that series apart from others? it actually made it to PAL regions. Least it wasn't based around World War 2 or maybe they'd have thought twice about portraying Hitler the same way they portrayed Grigori Rasputin.

And oh yeah...Princess Anastasia dealing the final blow to the final boss = Win.

Tales of the Abyss - Hey it's a JRPG, they're widely hated, and I have to respect all forms of RPGs for remaining single-player-with-the-occasional-multiplayer mode (Like Symphonia, which I admit is far better than Abyss's multiplayer due to the Gamecube having 4 ports) when everything now HAS to have a multiplayer mode or we're being given a bunch of multiplayer-only games, sometimes disguised as a single player game. (I've been pretty much a Single-Player for life. I'm the only male below 40 and above 3 within a three mile radius in a suburban neighbourhood, especially one full of girls who think most games are "stupid")

King's Quest VII - Of course because VI was so well received and VII was instead trying to be a lot different and appeal to younger people (like myself I was only like 5 or 6 when this was released) with its cartoon-like graphics, but I still think this is actually one of the examples of why 2D and 3D should co-exist. Remember the hand-painted backgrounds and hand-drawn cutscenes? When we got Mask of Eternity it had that "staticy" N64 look and looked kinda dull, even if the early King's Quest games kind of blinded you with bright colours. (And as fitting as V and VI's graphics were, they did look kind of pixely in areas)

One of the reasons I liked this game was that it wasn't so much of a "King"'s quest but more of a "Queen" and "Princess"'s quest. Sure you controlled Rosella in IV but Valanice for pretty much the other 5 games wasn't really doing anything, just sort of being in the background saying "Hi I'm the enchanted princess...and oh yeah hi I'm Rosella's mother and King Graham's wife. Be back in time for dinner, honey!".

...even if we had Chicken Little being about as annoying as Cedric and the game was a little difficult for a little child to figure out. I swear that sorceress killed Valanice and Rosella at least 540 billion times and I had to ask my dad's friend how the heck I was supposed to solve a few puzzles. (at least his way of solving it)

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
Guardians crusade seriously someone second me on this i feel insecure...

Gamer137

Jun 7, 2008
GuerrillaClock post=9.72877.777603 said:
Halo. What's with all the Halo-hate, it's a solid shooter!
It is solid. Nothing else. Playable. Overhyped. Overshallows games that truley deserve the attention. That is the general opinion on these forums from what I understand.

Tales of Vesperia. I dont know anyone else who bought it. I feel alone.

And Trauma Center, Fire Emblem, and Red Steel.

clarinetJWD

Jul 9, 2008
One of my all time favorite strategy games was Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines. The brutal difficulty turned a lot of people off of it, and I certainly didn't finish it, but it was just so much fun!

Xazetuf

Sep 14, 2008
Dynasty warriors series. this falls into this category simply because i know i will get at least three replies saying "what the hell those games suck"

ellimist337

Sep 30, 2008
The lego games (star wars and indiana jones so far, wiating for batman)... something simple and entertaining about them but so many people just laugh... cus i'm 20

jeremyTH

Jul 28, 2008
Who likes Grabbed by the Ghoulies?

People say it's a bad horror game, I say it's FUNNY horror.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Alright, I'm gonna say it: ET for the Atari.

I wouldn't say that I think the game is "great" per-se, but I have some fond memories of playing that game (and beating it) over and over again. Sure it was glitchy, and getting stuck in the occasional pit was annoying, but over-all my siblings and I had played the game quite often. It wasn't until somewhere around 5 years ago that I was reading about some of the biggest blunders in gaming history that I finally learned that the game was generally regarded as shit by pretty much everyone else in the world.

Also, why the hell did someone mention "Halo"? When a game is basically the defining trait of an entire console, I think that invalidates the game as an option in a topic for games that no one likes.

PersianLlama

Aug 31, 2008
Whobajube post=9.72877.775888 said:
Everyone has a game (or games) that they love, but no one else seems to get it. What are some some of your favourite games, that you get a lot of grief from other people over?

Pokemon Snap... haha
I loved Pokemon Snap!

Digitalpotato

Aug 29, 2008
Gamer137 post=9.72877.778715 said:
Tales of Vesperia. I dont know anyone else who bought it. I feel alone.
Just wait about a few months until I get an Xbox 360 for my birthday. =p I'm one of the few people who's not touching Halo or Gears of War with a ten foot pole and going straight for Tales of Vesperia instead.

The_Prophet

Sep 3, 2008
Halo is good, i dont understand why everyone hates it so much

EDIT: Oh yeah, Psychonauts. All my friends say it is retarded