Games you think are great, even though no one else seems to like them.

trooper87

Mar 22, 2008
Xazetuf post=9.72877.778766 said:
Dynasty warriors series. this falls into this category simply because i know i will get at least three replies saying "what the hell those games suck"
I love the Dynasty warriors series and the Samurai Warriors series as well. But the best ones are usually the "Empires" series with the slight strategic value added to it. Warriors Orochi is quite good too where the Samurai and Dynasty Warriors fight in the same game against each other and a common enemy, though I have yet to try the sequel on the Xbox 360. Overall the whole series is AWESOME!!!

pieeater911

Jun 27, 2008
Psychonauts. None of my friends like it.

Assassins Creed and Splinter Cell. Assassins Creed my friends don't like because the mission get rather repetitive, which is understandable. But I think that they just suck at Splinter Cell.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. I dunno, I guess most of the people I know either don't like Star Wars or they don't like RPGs.

UberSkinny

Oct 18, 2008
THE SIMS ONLINE
- - - - - - - -

That game was a glitchy pile of mess with no CC and was quickly overshadowed by second life.However, I loved the sims online. The people on it were the friendliest people i have ever seen online, no joke.Probably because 85% of the people that played were women over 35. I even made a best friend who happened to be a 65 year old grandma named Hookerr who came in my resteraunt and kept stealing all my cake.

Unfortunately, EA shut the game down in August because they "were not making enough money from it," :(

axia777

Oct 10, 2008
-Seraph- post=9.72877.776062 said:
Gears of war. After looking at the gears of war2 topic I cant help but go WTF!? with people and their absolute hatred of this game. I enjoyed it and i can see why some may not enjoy it but Jesus Christ.
This is actually the game I was going to list. I played it on the PC and I loved it. The story was pretty solid in comparison to other games. The characters while cookie cutter in some aspects were amusing at times. The graphics were AMAZING. I liked the brown and gray of the color pallet. It showed the feeling of a post-apocalyptic world that had been razed to the ground by an unfeeling alien race of killers. What do people think a world that had been burned to ground would look like? A pretty f*cking forest with trees, flowers and animals like Oblivion? NO, it would look burnt, as in gray and brown. It would look like Fallout 3. Burnt and post-apocalyptic looking. The action for the sequences were also very well done. There was a good variety of open no tactics fighting, close quarters battles, and strategic combat. The vehicle sequences were even varied. So I have no idea what people problem is other then they are just haters.

And I am also super pissed that GOW2 will supposedly NOT be on the PC. I might just have to buy a cheap $200 360 if that is true. I want to play more GOW! :( I just pray I don't get RRoD.

Clown762

Oct 4, 2008
I'm a huge fan of the old retro games that stared it all. So when Mega-Man was released on XBLA I got as soon as I could. But my friends like all the new and fancy graphic games.

So I have to say I love anything old school. DOOM,MegaMan,MetalSlug Etc...

Theres no school, Like OldSkool!!

tgr

Feb 3, 2008
Killzone was great.
HeyZeus_Ezekiel_Jesus post=9.72877.778365 said:
Killzone. It was flawed of course but it was still good.
I just loved Killzone for some reason...

Squeaksx

Jun 19, 2008
Psh, Pokemon Snap was such fun, but lets get a bit more creative here! Hrm...-Thinks- Glover was a thing of nostalgic bliss. It was creative! The plot being your a Wizard's good right glove trying to fight and the evil left glove! Why can't we have Glover for the Wii! Come on people! Sadly the Wii is the only system that would even bat an eye at such a proposition...Sony will never go back to the days of the PS1 and we all know that -Emo Tear- :3...Maybe it holds a place in my heart because I think it's the first game I actually beat. (I usually got bored before so on almost every game,) but somehow this one held me to the end.

Chrono Cross was fun and I actually took the time to get the color sequence right and get the 'S' ending :3, took about an hour, but it was worth it. I think that was the second or third game I beat.....Not counting Simpsons for the arcade :3.

What else, what else...Well I'm currently playing Clocktower (Japanese version translated, the real first one.) and I think that this might have one of the most original plots in a horror game (Which are notorious for having cliched plots, see Resident Evil, Dead Rising, Stubs, House of the Dead, Left 4 Dead, Zombie Panic, ect ect....Even X-Files: Resist or Serve. Aka ZOMBIES)I would imagine that this game could have given people quite the scare back in '95. (Off note, I'm actually recording a walkthrough of this to post later :3.)

Hmm...What else.....Oh did I mention that in Glover the glove walked on a circus ball that contained the Crystals that held the balance of his world! (So creative...:3) It took a cliched plot and turned it on its ass, I'm just saying...

The original Digimon World! I'm such a nerd....It was the first game I stayed up all night playing though (was seven years old I believe,) so it also holds a place in my heart...I've always been a sucker for customization, and this game was my first exposure to such. While the evolution path and creature choice was pretty much set on chance, things such as your pet's longevity and discpline, even their potty habits (I am NOT joking..) would be up to you. But, it wasn't that easy. You have to do a careful balancing act of discpline and happiness to make sure it would listen, but not go into a state of clinical depression. As I said, it was the first game to offer choice to me besides do this or game over and for that I respect it.

Ok, lets just get bit a more retro here! Go back to the glory days of Ps-Ps2 and the N64 :3, before each system was type-casted for a genre...

OH! Yes! Seaman for the Dreamcast, I have yet to play it myself, but that seems like I game I would like to play..Due to my incredible love for Animal Crossing (though I ended up just fastfowarding the clock on my Gamecube, the weeds pissed everyone off.)

The Overmatt

Oct 4, 2008
bad rider post=9.72877.778596 said:
Guardians crusade seriously someone second me on this i feel insecure...
DUDE! I friggin loved that game!

Halo series: Okay yes it's not the undisputed nirvana of gaming, but it's by far the most solid FPS to be released in years. Interesting story, solid campaign mode, multiplayer that you can play for hours on end and still be surprised by when something different happens thanks to the endless customization possible.

Gears of War: Fast-paced yet tactical, tense atmosphere, brutally satisfying violence, an assault rifle with a chainsaw attached to it. Awesome.

Too Human: Maybe it's the Norse Mythology geek in me, but I absoloutely love how they took so many stories and characters from the myths and adapted them into a futuristic setting PERFECTLY. Nidhogg as a computer virus? Nice touch. Oh and I find the game fun in the same way I find Diablo fun: hack'n'slash, get loot, rise and repeat.

Advent Rising: I'm probably the only one who liked this game, but I though it presented a neat story and lots of fun ways to mix telekinetic powers with gun combat (blasting opponents mid-air with a rocket launcher after you throw them up there with telekinesis as you dive away Matrix-style for example).

Chaos Legion: Nice art style, cool monster designs, epic music. Yeah it was pretty much a generic hack and slash but having your own groups of monsters to command was pretty sweet.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Squeaksx post=9.72877.831219 said:
Psh, Pokemon Snap was such fun, but lets get a bit more creative here! Hrm...-Thinks- Glover was a thing of nostalgic bliss. It was creative! The plot being your a Wizard's good right glove trying to fight and the evil left glove! Why can't we have Glover for the Wii! Come on people! Sadly the Wii is the only system that would even bat an eye at such a proposition...Sony will never go back to the days of the PS1 and we all know that -Emo Tear- :3...Maybe it holds a place in my heart because I think it's the first game I actually beat. (I usually got bored before so on almost every game,) but somehow this one held me to the end.

Chrono Cross was fun and I actually took the time to get the color sequence right and get the 'S' ending :3, took about an hour, but it was worth it. I think that was the second or third game I beat.....Not counting Simpsons for the arcade :3.

What else, what else...Well I'm currently playing Clocktower (Japanese version translated, the real first one.) and I think that this might have one of the most original plots in a horror game (Which are notorious for having cliched plots, see Resident Evil, Dead Rising, Stubs, House of the Dead, Left 4 Dead, Zombie Panic, ect ect....Even X-Files: Resist or Serve. Aka ZOMBIES)I would imagine that this game could have given people quite the scare back in '95. (Off note, I'm actually recording a walkthrough of this to post later :3.)

Hmm...What else.....Oh did I mention that in Glover the glove walked on a circus ball that contained the Crystals that held the balance of his world! (So creative...:3) It took a cliched plot and turned it on its ass, I'm just saying...

The original Digimon World! I'm such a nerd....It was the first game I stayed up all night playing though (was seven years old I believe,) so it also holds a place in my heart...I've always been a sucker for customization, and this game was my first exposure to such. While the evolution path and creature choice was pretty much set on chance, things such as your pet's longevity and discpline, even their potty habits (I am NOT joking..) would be up to you. But, it wasn't that easy. You have to do a careful balancing act of discpline and happiness to make sure it would listen, but not go into a state of clinical depression. As I said, it was the first game to offer choice to me besides do this or game over and for that I respect it.

Ok, lets just get bit a more retro here! Go back to the glory days of Ps-Ps2 and the N64 :3, before each system was type-casted for a genre...

OH! Yes! Seaman for the Dreamcast, I have yet to play it myself, but that seems like I game I would like to play..Due to my incredible love for Animal Crossing (though I ended up just fastfowarding the clock on my Gamecube, the weeds pissed everyone off.)
I vaguely remember glover now. I remember playing it and it was fun.

valentin8

Sep 10, 2008
Conker's bad fur day for nintendo 64 not the xbox version that one sucked even though my friends say the game sucks i love it.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
axia777 post=9.72877.831170 said:
-Seraph- post=9.72877.776062 said:
Gears of war. After looking at the gears of war2 topic I cant help but go WTF!? with people and their absolute hatred of this game. I enjoyed it and i can see why some may not enjoy it but Jesus Christ.
This is actually the game I was going to list. I played it on the PC and I loved it. The story was pretty solid in comparison to other games. The characters while cookie cutter in some aspects were amusing at times. The graphics were AMAZING. I liked the brown and gray of the color pallet. It showed the feeling of a post-apocalyptic world that had been razed to the ground by an unfeeling alien race of killers. What do people think a world that had been burned to ground would look like? A pretty f*cking forest with trees, flowers and animals like Oblivion? NO, it would look burnt, as in gray and brown. It would look like Fallout 3. Burnt and post-apocalyptic looking. The action for the sequences were also very well done. There was a good variety of open no tactics fighting, close quarters battles, and strategic combat. The vehicle sequences were even varied. So I have no idea what people problem is other then they are just haters.

And I am also super pissed that GOW2 will supposedly NOT be on the PC. I might just have to buy a cheap $200 360 if that is true. I want to play more GOW! :( I just pray I don't get RRoD.
Oh wow someone who actually likes gow on these forums. You made good points, glad to see someone can back up their statement with some good evidence. I also find it funny how people complain about GOW being all Grey and drab...but then they go ga ga for Fallout 3 and it also has that same look to it...wtf gives...

SeniorDingDong

Jan 8, 2008
- Sega Rally 2

Awesome game if you ask me. Nice graphics for its time, great soundtrack, intresting tracks, long playtime and nice controls.

- Ghost Squad

Pure arcade action filled with fun and RELOAD !!!1 Very funny with a pistol / gunshell for your Wii-Remote

- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2

Evem in the german Nintendo board I hang around, nobody bought it besides me. Yet I spend over 50 hours with it. Since the day I test played part 1 on a girl frieds DS I knew I had to get it, strange kind of "its mage for you magic".

- Spore DS

Gets a lot of "ITS NOT LIKE THE PC !!!" hate and so everyone oversees, that it is a very nice and cute action adventure - rpg - rhythm game mix.

Mr. Moose

Oct 3, 2008
The Overmatt post=9.72877.831253 said:
Too Human: Maybe it's the Norse Mythology geek in me, but I absoloutely love how they took so many stories and characters from the myths and adapted them into a futuristic setting PERFECTLY. Nidhogg as a computer virus? Nice touch. Oh and I find the game fun in the same way I find Diablo fun: hack'n'slash, get loot, rise and repeat.
I too love Too Human.
The only problem with it was that the dialogue was simply horrible.
Though, you have to admit, it does fit in with how over the top the Norse gods are...