Games you think need more attention

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
The Banner Saga definitely needs to attention. It's just an incredible game that came out of no where, ok it had a good kick starter campaign but almost everyone i know had or has still never heard of it.

Gergar12_v1legacy

Aug 17, 2012
Ace of combat infinity. For how bad it is, and how the director uses elaborate ways to deflect criticism.
It NEEDS a bad review. Basically it's a free to play game with every bad free to play feature nailed on it. Three words-Wait to play

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
Andy Shandy said:
Pretty much every Clover/Platinum game ever. Particularly the likes of Vanquish, if only because they're not quite as recognised as Bayonetta and Okami
I'll agree with you on Vanquish.

It's one of the few game purchases I made without really knowing much in terms of plot or full gameplay capabilities. I just knew that it was a futuristic third-person shooter with both high speed action and slow motion.

After beating it, I can safely say that it is completely underrated. The boss fights are hard as hell (especially if you go at it in Hard Mode), but the gameplay is fun, fast-paced, and tense, as well as being incredibly triumphant when you beat the boss battles. Yeah, killing robots might not be as satisfying as besting human enemies, the story falls flat on its face, and the characters aren't very interesting, but the gameplay more than makes up for all these shortcomings.

Ryallen

Will never say anything smart
Feb 25, 2014
The Final Fantasy Dissidia series on PSP. This game has an amazing combat system, and for some reason, people do not give it the love it deserves. I put 150 hours into this game, and I'm someone who plays a game for a few hours and gets bored of it. I have a problem, I know. But this game series has some of the best combat mechanics I've ever seen, and it's just some of the best fun I've ever had on the PSP. I really want to know why no one has ever talked about amazing fighting games and never mentioned this phenomenal piece of fighting game concealed onto a little portable console that no one I knew had.

Super Cyborg

Jul 25, 2014
RandV80 said:
I guess it was a PSP game that not many heard of, but it just came out on Steam and anyone who likes JRPG's should get The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. I'm only a few hours in but so far I love everything about it.
Yes, Yes, Yes. If you like JRPGs, get this now. You have no excuse since it is now available on PSP, PS Vita, and PC now on either Steam or GOG. It has an incredible story, great characters, and a fun combat system. It gives a nice feel of a big world, which will be explored more in the second game once it comes out. Buy it and play it, then buy the second one when it comes out, and then play it.

Elvis Starburst said:
New Frontiersman said:
Dragonheart57 said:
I'll say the main Shin Megami Tensei series. Persona seems to overshadow it tremendously, but I've never found them particularly appealing.
This too. I love the Shin Megami Tensei games. I really wish more people were aware of the main series, rather than just the Persona spinoffs.
I actually got into the Persona games first, and got SMT 4 on an eshop sale. I'm liking it a lot so far, even if it can be hard as balls sometimes. Is Nocturne as good as people say it is? How does it compare to 4? A local store has it for cheap
Nocturne is incredible. It has a really engaging combat system, a lot like SMT IV, but I feel is much better then IV. Your character you control can have different parasites in him that give him different strengths and weaknesses, as well as abilities as you level up. There's lots of demons to get to your side and create. The game is unforgiving, especially at the beginning. You really need to be careful when attacking enemies, because if they can exploit your weaknesses, or you hit their strong points, they will take you down like a chump. The nice thing about it is that if you lose to a boss, you can usually change your party and stats to actually win. It can be tough, but if you play long enough you get the hang of it and will love it. Overall, much better than 4 and I suggest you get it now! Especially if you can get a physical copy. It's also available on PSN in the states for $15-20 if I recall correctly.

I agree that the SMT games don't get enough love. The Persona games are great, but if you don't play some of the main SMT games, you are really missing out. I have Digital Devil Saga on my PS3, which I'm planning on playing soon since I've heard good things about it.

MAUSZX

May 7, 2009
Splinter Cell Blacklist was great, a lot of good old stealth. Shame the marketing was pretty bad.

Stillgard

P.O.D.
Jun 6, 2011
Sim City. The first three were fine in formula then we get the new EA. And they butcher it. In case any one's forgotten the garbage that was it's launch. And then the online Only debacle. And then only to find that they split the cities into square like blocks that didn't allow for much creative design at all. On top of all this numerous bugs and math that didn't quite add up properly when it came to city design. All in all it was a project that was shelled out way to early and then put together with peace meal patches. Yeah. this is like that old car you find in a garage that just wants to be rebuilt from the ground up. But only on one Stipulation would I ever buy the new one Maxis needs to leave EA.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Shadow Warrior (2013) - hands down, the best FPS of the last year. Nice story, great action, awesome melee combat. Will be released on PS4 and XOne soon this year.
Rise of the Triad (2013) - old school shooting action. Unrealistic, cheesy as hell and really fun.
Marlow Briggs - nice God of War clone
Singularity - BioShock with time travel
The Darksiders series - come on, it's great.
Nosgoth - great F2P multiplayer action that's not pay2win
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - fun as hell
Stranglehold - Max Payne 3 before Max Payne 3

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Shoggoth2588 said:
Vault101 said:
I think Wolfenstein: the new order was far better than it should have been
I've only ever watched gameplay of Wolfenstein: The New One and I still strongly agree with you. I don't know of any other FPS from the last console generation that lets you dual wield freaking SHOTGUNS.
Planetside 2. The New Conglomerate MAX can dual wield shotguns. (and is OP as fuck in bio-labs)

Lilphish

Aug 10, 2014
I would say Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier. I am just now playing it because it just slipped under the radar for me. I've been loving it so far.

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
Closure

Nothing makes me rage more than people considering this as a LIMBO clone just because it has black-and-white design. If they have even tried looking closely to the trailer or even have tried playing it, they would know how different each one of them is. The whole core mechanic is that whatever the light touches, whatever you see, exists. Whatever you don't see ceases to exist. The manipulation of the light is the entire core gameplay to phase through objects and traverse what usually cannot be walked upon. And the puzzles are segmented into sections, like Braid, rather than a whole continuous journey, like LIMBO.

Frozen Synapse

I don't know how much attention this game is getting, but I think it needs more. Do you want RTS games like Starcraft to become much more condensed to fewer units and plan out their tactics and positioning like a SWAT team? Frozen Synapse is a tactic game in which you plan ALL your units positions, movements, and roles each 5 seconds of live movement. The enemy also does the same thing. It all comes down to outplanning and outlasting your enemies like a stake-out. Also the OST is amazing!

Perspective

I consider this game to be of equal ingenuity as Portal in regards to a first person puzzle platformer with a powerful core gameplay mechanic. There's 2 planes. One is where your avatar can interact with color-coded platforms, while the other is the 3D world in which your First Person View interacts with. You alter your first person view/perspective so that the 2D avatar can traverse usually-inescapable platforms. Also it's free-to-play. Short game, but unforgettable.

The Stanley Parable

I have no idea if this has obtained enough attention, but I would like to share it with people who love the story elements in their game. This is more of an experience rather than an actual game since gameplay is bare bones, if there even is one. You are Stanley who has been introduced as someone who just keep following orders from a boring job and loving every minute of it. But there came a time when the orders stopped coming in and are given controls of the "game." The narrator narrates the storyline even before you act them, as if guiding you or ordering you on what to do. It's your choice to follow or become defiant or even mix a bit of both and see where the story leads you. There are so many pathways and different endings. Also nothing has made me more aware at how legitimately terrifying it is if someone was actually narrating my life.

ThatQuietGuy

May 22, 2013
King Arthur's Gold or KAG, it's a great 2d sprite team vs team game where you build castles ala terraria style and lay siege to the enemy teams castle. It's alot of fun when you get a good game and I don't normally play competitive multiplayer games. My biggest issue is the game has some DEDICATED players so every once in a while your playing with/against someone who is 3 tiers better than everyone else and is quite capable of ending the game on their own.