Games you want remade with better graphics?

ffs-dontcare

Aug 13, 2009
I'd be interested in seeing Tiberian Sun remade with C&C3 graphics but for now, the Tiberium Essence mod for C&C3 will do.

Years ago I wanted Starcraft redone in Starcraft 2's engine but now that's actually happened so I'm happy with that.

It'd be cool to see the first Dawn of War and its expansions remade with Dawn of War 2's graphics, as well as Total Annihilation redone for today.

cikame

Jun 11, 2008
I'm sure i won't be the only person here saying God Hand, with an emulator and a fan made hack it's possible to run the game at higher resolutions and widescreen, and i'm sure at this point it's impossible to remake the games animations for 60fps, but this game really needs to re-surface.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Final Fantasy 1,2,5, and 6 all could use the same absolutely BEAUTIFUL 3D graphical update Final Fantasy 4 got with FF4 DS, that like FF4 DS improves the graphics but kept everything else basically the same, with a few additions here and there that made the game feel fresh without changing the core game in any real fashion. Probably with this day and age even better graphics than what FF4 DS had

As has been mentioned, KOTOR 1 and 2 could use it, but in particular it could use a update for it's combat system, as the turned based Dice rolling combat system that badly tried to look like an Action RPG was the only thing that was ever wrong with the games in the first place, it could still be largely stat based but just make it a real Action RPG this time.

Morrowind and Oblivion are having fan graphical and gameplay updates to bring it up to Skyrim level, but despite looking into it fairly regularly I haven't seen much of anything about it. If Bethesda would take these 2 games and re-release them with modern graphics and gameplay they'd make all the money. Not to mention Arena and Daggerfall.

kiri3tsubasa

Jan 24, 2016
Scarface: The World is Yours. Though I think it would need a new engine along with better graphics so that I can actually play the game on a non Vista machine.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
AccursedTheory said:
Oh, I know we're getting Battletech. I threw an embarrassing amount of money at Battletech.
Yeah, me too. And I may or may not have giggled like an idiot when my 'swag' package came in the mail last week... <.<

Speaking of, have you seen HBS video demonstration of the pre-pre-pre-alpha build? They put together a sort of "demo" to demonstrate the current gameplay. They're planning to have it playable on the show floor at GenCon.

Kinda wish I'd known in advance. Would've been reason enough to go to the con...

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Vigormortis said:
AccursedTheory said:
Oh, I know we're getting Battletech. I threw an embarrassing amount of money at Battletech.
Yeah, me too. And I may or may not have giggled like an idiot when my 'swag' package came in the mail last week... <.<

Speaking of, have you seen HBS video demonstration of the pre-pre-pre-alpha build? They put together a sort of "demo" to demonstrate the current gameplay. They're planning to have it playable on the show floor at GenCon.

Kinda wish I'd known in advance. Would've been reason enough to go to the con...
I have seen the super alpha video (Saw it when it was still in early triple digit views, actually). Looks freak'n sweat so far. If this is what pre-alpha looks like, then the final product is going to look awesome. And I'm actually digging the mechanics so far. Seems to be a decent compromise between modern, simplified TBS games and old school pen and paper. I have mixed feelings about how autocannons work (AC20s look like their not going to be as terrifying as they used to be), but I'm willing to wait it out and see how they work with the new system and armor values.

As for the 'swag...' they haven't shipped my tier yet. So... I hate you.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
AccursedTheory said:
I have seen the super alpha video (Saw it when it was still in early triple digit views, actually). Looks freak'n sweat so far. If this is what pre-alpha looks like, then the final product is going to look awesome. And I'm actually digging the mechanics so far. Seems to be a decent compromise between modern, simplified TBS games and old school pen and paper. I have mixed feelings about how autocannons work (AC20s look like their not going to be as terrifying as they used to be), but I'm willing to wait it out and see how they work with the new system and armor values.
I'm sure damages will be tweaked considerably before release. It looks like they may have started by simply taking the damages in the tabletop game and multiplying by 5. That should give them some wiggle room.

And I'm loving the systems and mechanics as well. The Phase system is really cool and I'm especially digging the LOS and FOW systems. They've implemented some deviously clever mechanics into both, notably the Indirect LOS system. Glad they're finding ways to make Light/Scout mechs useful.

So far it looks like a slick blending of the best aspects of the tabletop game and Mechcommander.

As for the 'swag...' they haven't shipped my tier yet. So... I hate you.
Don't be jelly. I almost sprung for the coat, but it just seemed like a little too much. I'm satisfied with the hat, banner, patch, etc. (the banner is really nice)

Fallow

NSFB
Oct 29, 2014
Holy moly, there is so much good stuff in here that I've forgotten about over the years. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one revering the great contributions from the golden days.

As to remakes,

Battlezone 2 (already in the works, but it's going to suck)
and
Warlords Battlecry

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
Most have probably already been mentioned, but...

Myth and Myth II. Would play updated versions of these games in a heartbeat.

Max Payne: Love this game, but man is it hard to play games now where characters have faces that never move.

Psi-Ops: Please please please please.

KOTORs: Already mentioned about 50 times.

Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction

KKND 1 and 2: As long as it also had improved controls.

TGC

Oct 19, 2013
I'm curious if they could pull off a remake of Anachronox.
For some reason that game hasn't aged too badly. I mean, sure, it looks old, but not bad for its age.
Imagine what it would be if the same effort was put in a current-day engine.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Neverhoodian said:
I dunno, those games have aged rather well in the visuals department. I'd go further back for games that would benefit from graphical overhauls like, say, Daggerfall. I mean, nearly every monster, NPC and prop is comprised of 2D sprites, for Azura's sake! Toss in a slew of bug fixes, stability improvements, cut content restorations, full mod support and an improved seed algorithm for random dungeons so they aren't so stupidly large and labyrinthine and I'd have the best Elder Scrolls experience since Morrowind.

Of course, what I'm proposing is probably too ambitious for Daggerfall's creaking game engine, but the fan made Unity port currently under development has serious potential:
Daggerfall would probably improve more from...fixing all of its horrible glitches and being prevented from generating impossibly large story critical dungeons.

I would actually prefer that a bunch of older games were fixed to work properly or be slightly redesigned to be more creative since a lot of them have interesting premises that fall flat in execution.

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
Does anybody remember the N-Gage, that phone-portable hybrid that failed badly? Well, turns out there was an exclusive Elder Scrolls game in there! Elder Scrolls: Shadowkey was too advanced for the Game Boy (Irony) and too small for a console release, but for some reason they never re-released that, that game would put some spice in the 3DS-Vita competition depending on where they would release it.

There is also Eternal Darkness for the GameCube, a franchise that never took off because making a sequel was always troublesome. Quantum Conundrum, also known as diet Portal that could have used some polish in the framerate.

Magmarock

Sep 1, 2011
You might be interested in Prey for the Gods. A game that recently passed it's kickstarter. It's very much inspired by Shadow of the Colossus. As for remakes I'm not a fan of them. Re-releases with higher resolution and framerates, sure but ground up remakes are unnecessary. Especially of good games. They're already good so don't fix what isn't broken. Instead I think it would make more sense to remake games that over stepped they're scope. Such as Daikatana or something.

Sonicron said:
I'm going to say the same thing as always.

Legacy of Kain. The entire series, please. Keep the gameplay, keep the story, keep the original voice recording, everything - just pretty them up to a uniform modern standard. And you will get all the monies.
Legacy of Kain is the last game that needs a remake

Strazdas said:
F.E.A.R. The game had amazingly fun physics engine. do a graphics uplift and its great.
Fear is also the last game that needs a remake.

Bawsto

Aug 5, 2016
Deus Ex. I'd also really like it if they reworked the augmentations, because they range from overpowered to redundant.

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
Honestly? Dead Space. I know it's a tall order given EA's most likely abandoned the franchise, but it'd still be pretty neat to see a polished-up Dead Space available somewhere. Maybe even make the PC port not handle like ass, even.

All the pokemon games before Black and White - it's been... shit, 12+ years now and we already got a Ruby/Sapphire remake, let's knuckle down and reboot Diamond/Pearl/Platinum as well.

The original Mass Effect. That... that is a game that screams for a re-do, both graphically and mechanically. It's a clunky, unbalanced mess and the graphics shit the bed if you turn around too quickly (alongside copious bugs - get a new batch of 'em every playthrough!), giving it a once over so that the Solider isn't literally immortal, the textures exist on the corporeal plane for more than half a second and so Kaidan stops speaking in Garrus' voice would be pretty nice.

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
Freelancer, uh Freelancer and Freelancer. No seriously, give me Freelancer please.

Other than that i was hoping the Wii Goldeneye would be just a graphic update, but they majorly screwed up that one. So for consoles please give me a nice looking N64-Goldeneye, pretty please?

And lastly: Blizzard for fuck's sake, by everything that's holy would you kindly remaster Rock 'n Roll Racing already.
Or at least give me an Airblade as a hero in HotS, thank you very much.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Guilion said:
Parasite Eve

I think the game holds up surprisingly well. Yet its major flaw is that it looks like ansolute shit on a HD tv.
I would do horrible, terrible, dirty things for a remastered Parasite Eve 'collection.' Seriously.

Just... anything, really.