Games you want to like but just can't

TorqueConverter

Nov 2, 2011
Borderlands.

I got into the game enough to put quite a few hours into the game. Honestly, those hours were a result of me shooting the same respawning baddies over and over because I was head over heels in love with the random weapon generation mechanic. The game is shit. The random weapon generator is genius. I couldn't get enough of finding and testing new weapons. Something is seriously wrong when a game mechanic is the sole reason for playing a game.

I wanted to LOVE the game. I followed the development since 2007. Every bit of info I had been fed prior to its release was great (including the cell shading, love it). The fished product was as if they fed a punch card into the generic FPS game generation machine with "free roam" and "cell shaded" checked off and it shat out Borderlands.

How did they develop the game? Pull an all-nighter the day before release?

Luna Serena

Apr 1, 2012
I'd say WOW.
I tried it out because of all the hype about it, and because it has a lot of the things I look for in a game like decent character customisation, the freedom of play that comes with MMOs etc. However, I got bored of it incredibly quickly. I've played many MMOs in the past and WOW really didn't stand out from the crowd....and the thing is...similar games are free to play. If I'm going to spend hours grinding, I might as well do it for free rather than spend my limited income on overpriced games.

don3149

Apr 2, 2012
I agree, Call of Duty, its really hard to play and very realistic when you play it. the graphics, the commands, the instruction of the game its really hard to follow..I love o play at first but the following day i felt bad because every commandments that I am about to follow I am always failed in a battle and it's so very absurd. Yeah! I love to play Call of Duty but I can't.

http://www.2012kiaoptima.com
http://www.adsonoahu.com

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
verdant monkai said:
RACING GAMES WTF IS THE POINT IN THEM?? they generally have no plot (and when they do it is nothing truly impressive). All you do is race cars over and over again, there is no drastic differentiation between them, if you own one you own them all.
I would love to enjoy them since they are so numerous, but I cant because they are so repetitive. If you enjoy racing games I recommend you just buy one good one and stick with it. Because they are all basically the same exact game, or better still go out and drive your own car. Or failing that drive a Go-kart or something.
Pls say that this was a joke / troll post

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Sansha said:
The Mass Effect series.

I just don't like them. After years I finally caved and bought and played the first, but I got bored after the first mission and haven't been back since. I didn't have fun and the story didn't grab me.
Exact same story here, I keep hearing that it's story and characters are supposed to be incredible yet to me it just felt dull and needlessly complicated.

Cranky

Mar 12, 2012
Skyrim. I get bored of playing it after 20 minutes, not that I dislike t, I just can't enjoy it as much as Fallout.

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
Crysis 2's multiplayer.

It may sound weird since it's what the games all about but the whole nanosuit thing sucks almost all the fun out of multiplayer.