Games You Wish Didn't Have a Sequel.

Choppaduel

Mar 20, 2009
Theres so many bad sequels out there but Crackdown 2 hits close to home. I really really wish they didn't make it.

Z(ombie)fan

Mar 12, 2010
Blood

Blood 2 the chosen was OK...

but it ends on a cliffhanger.

either make blood 3, or erase 2 from existence.

MMETEORAGA1994

Jul 12, 2010
Bioshock, and more importantly to me, Final Fantasy X-2. Everything I hated about Final Fantasy X neatly wrapped up in a game

dragonslayer32

Jan 11, 2010
Bioshock, Modern Warfare and Crackdown are my top 3 games I wish didn't have sequals. Those games are epic and their sequals had so much potential and failed on EPIC proportions.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
tlozoot said:
I guess alot of it rode on how Sophia Lamb was a weaker character than Ryan. Ryan was freaking cool. Lamb got annoying. I like how they made the player choice reflect more by having Eleanor influenced a bit by you though.

I just thought the firsts story was perfect on its own - to me it didn't need expanding.
Ok, well first off I think the point of Lamb is that she was a weaker character and inconsistent with her motives... all in all, she was essentially worse than Andrew Ryan, but the point was showing how desperate the people of Rapture were. They were so upset with the downfall of the city that they were looking anywhere for a new leader. She was just charismatic and gave people hope (possibly symbolizing the church?) which is really a shame since Ryan was a great leader and person, but he was also a good blame figure.

But BioShock is so complex and has so many interesting characters and back stories all meshed together it would have been bad for them not to expand. BioShock worked perfectly on its own, but the story needed to go somewhere. BioShock 2 really wasn't as good as the first... mainly because it decided to copy so much from it that it felt repetitive, but the story added a lot of what I liked about the first one (interesting characters, expansion on the interesting government of Rapture) and while gameplay was bland and repetitive, I'm glad they expanded it and hopefully the movie adds more to the story or at least retells the story of the first game. I also wish they would make a book series, but that would really just be Atlas Shrugged...

Lemon Of Life said:
Bioshock, and the Call of Duty franchise after COD 4.
No, I think you mean after Call of Duty 2.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
My vote is also for Final Fantasy X

X-2 did absolutely nothing for the story. The savoir of the known world is now a sphere hunter? The future of the world is now in the hands of 3 men who hate each other but are secretly best friends? This whole things makes me want to punch a fish.

Communist partisan

Jan 24, 2009
Half life was great but than it comes to HL2 and the episodes I yust wanna get psycho on them and destroy'em from the human history whith a AK-74 and totally stop HL episode 3 "Kill it before it grows."

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Maximo.

I loved the first one, but the second was a bit of a step down from the original and the series was canceled even though the second ended on a cliff hanger.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
Modern Warfare, which had a surprisingly powerful story and even managed to make me cry at the end. Modern Warfare 2, while it has some cool moments, is mostly just a patchy and confusing mess.

And, honestly, I'd have preferred to go on thinking that Captain Price had died at the end of the first game, because losing three awesome characters at the end had that much more emotional impact than the already painful experience of losing just Gaz and Griggs. Not to mention that the circumstances surrounding his return didn't seem very well thought out.