Games You Wish Didn't Have a Sequel.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
tlozoot said:
Bioshock.

Sure, the second was better gameplay wise, but the second didn't add anything to the story in my eyes. I loved the first one, and ended up looking at its narrative in depth for my media a2 coursework. :p
This. The original worked absolutely flawlessly on it's own. I didn't really see the need for a sequel. Besides, Rapture isn't as fun the second time through because it's now a case of "been there, done that" syndrome.

Ye Olde Hobo

Jun 28, 2010
Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty 4

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
I've got so many of these... By the way, you're probably all gonna yell at me for being so epicly controversial, but I honestly don't care! =D

1) System Shock 2:
I'd just like to clarify to all those who are now thinking "Duh, SS2 didn't have a sequel" or "WTF IS SS2?". I'm counting Bioshock as the sequel because; well; it essentially was the same game, except shit.

2) Halo 2:
Halo 3 was just pure fail.

3) Modern Warfare:
This one doesn't even need to be explained.

4) Fallout 2:
Well; I'm sorry, I don't wish this didn't have a sequel, I just wish the sequel was actually good, rather than just an overrated interactive movie... At least New Vegas will have aim down sights for people who actually want to play a game.

5) Deus Ex:
Again; doesn't need explaining.

6) Metal Gear Solid:
Nothing more needed to be done; yet it was anyway...

7) Final Fantasy 7:
The series has gotten worse and worse and worse and worse and worse and worse and worse and so on and so on and... Ok I'll stop.

8) Painkiller:
It was just more of the same; except worse.

9) Age of Empires 2:
So many that don't need explaining...

That's all I can think of right now.

KittywifaMohawk

Aug 17, 2008
I'm going with CoD4: Modern Warfare.
The story and multi-player on it were wonderful, it was a perfect game in my mind. But they just fucked up hard with MW2.

Draco Kaiser

Mar 20, 2009
CoD 4. MW2 was pure unbalanced shit and arguable Half-Life 2. I didn't really like the enemies and weapons of that game but eh.

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
System Shock 2 sequel didn't had to be BioShock. I'm still waiting for a real sequel.
Far Cry (by Cry Tek) didn't needed a sequel.

tlozoot

Feb 8, 2010
I'd like to nominate a handful of the later Guitar Hero titles. Gameplay additions have been scarce over the games, so cutting down on the amount of sequels and concentrating on DLC would have been cool...though this is Activision we're talking about.

Saintcole

Mar 24, 2010
Portal, I loved the first game and don't want to remember portal in a negative way because of the sequal.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Saintcole said:
Portal, I loved the first game and don't want to remember portal in a negative way because of the sequal.
From the looks of it, Portal 2 is actually going to be pretty fun. It is possible to make a decent sequel. :\

Also, if you don't want to remember Portal in a negative way, then just remember the original and ignore the sequel.

Jun 11, 2008
Call of Duty 4, FFX even though the sequel had an awesome ATB system it was a crap game story was. Gameplay was actually quite good as through strategy I managed to get through most of the game at level 25. So I have to say if you got decent strategy you don't need to grind in JRPGs.

jeaniesinsin

Jun 8, 2010
tlozoot said:
Bioshock.

Sure, the second was better gameplay wise, but the second didn't add anything to the story in my eyes. I loved the first one, and ended up looking at its narrative in depth for my media a2 coursework. :p
AGREED!

Funkiest Monkey

Jul 10, 2010
No_Remainders said:
6) Metal Gear Solid:
Nothing more needed to be done; yet it was anyway...
Damn son, how could you say that? Metal Gear Solid 3 is one of my favourite games ever, and Metal Gear Solid 2 was great aswell.

Frostwhisper21

Jul 16, 2010
I don't know how you can consider the original fallout better than 3 in anyway. It's so flawed gameplay-wise(lol, 15 minute completion), and story-wise it's also rather generic.

Anyway, New Vegas seems like it's bioshock-2 style in that it's the same thing as the game prior to it gameplay-wise, but in different areas. So I'd rather them make a new fallout instead of this.