Games you wish had never been made

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Drummie666 said:
Wow. I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet.

Metroid Other M.

Do I have to explain why?
Shh, if we pretend it never happened, maybe it will go away!

blacon

Mar 19, 2010
Fawcks said:
Blitzwing said:
Austin Howe said:
Final Fantasy X

Way to ruin the reputation of the series for a solid decade+.
Didn?t that game have record sales and was praised by critics?
Oh, I suppose that changes everything. Except for the fact that I never brought myself to finish it, and haven't played another Final Fantasy since.

Seriously, though, FFX got such great reviews thanks to the brand, I have no doubt. Either a few people got a memo saying "Rate this high if we want more Square Enix stories on time", or they thought, "It's FF, it MUST be good!". The series has been on a sharp decline.
Not playing any more FF games just because you didn't like FFX just shows you must never have been a big fan of them at all. If you were, you'd know that each game introduces a new battle system and new core gameplay mechanics that changes everything about the game, so judging future releases from FFX makes no sense since they are not direct sequels.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Gregg Lonsdale said:
Also, Bioshock 2. Because it makes the first one look bad.
I'm ok with editing things out of reality if they're terrible.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FanonDiscontinuity

Like there was only one Highlander movie, only 2 Terminator movies and no TV series, only one Transformers movie, which was animated. etc. And there's never been a sequel to a Final Fantasy game, apart from perhaps the Advent Children movie. There's also a strange gap in the series numbering where they went from FFX to FF XII.

So yeah there's 2 games I wish had never been made, FF XI and XIV

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Fallout New Vegas. I love the game but i'm going to get an ulcer if it keeps freezing on me as often as it does.

Fawcks

May 10, 2010
blacon said:
Fawcks said:
Blitzwing said:
Austin Howe said:
Final Fantasy X

Oh, I suppose that changes everything. Except for the fact that I never brought myself to finish it, and haven't played another Final Fantasy since.

Seriously, though, FFX got such great reviews thanks to the brand, I have no doubt. Either a few people got a memo saying "Rate this high if we want more Square Enix stories on time", or they thought, "It's FF, it MUST be good!". The series has been on a sharp decline.
Not playing any more FF games just because you didn't like FFX just shows you must never have been a big fan of them at all. If you were, you'd know that each game introduces a new battle system and new core gameplay mechanics that changes everything about the game, so judging future releases from FFX makes no sense since they are not direct sequels.
I tried FFXII, it wasn't good. I stopped playing after about an hour, it didn't grip me..

FFXIII I never even tried because, to me, it was just a random title. I don't have "brand loyalty". I bought FFX because the FF series had been good to me before, but had slipped up in recent years.

Also, it's ludicrous that you imply I was never a fan of Final Fantasy because I gave up after ten. How much devotion do you expect from me? I tried 7, liked it. Played 8, didn't like it. Played 9, was fairly enjoyable. Played 10, hated it.

How many bad games must I sit through to validate my fan-ism? I say not a single one more. I won't subject myself to another 40 unpleasant hours when there's no shortage of genuinely GOOD games I could play. If Final Fantasy wants my business again, they'll have to genuinely grab my interest, just like every single other NEW IP that's out there. They won't get an automatic buy because I'm a fan.

SilverVirage

Apr 27, 2011
Inkidu said:
Anything ever made by Blizzard. You did not move the industry forward you just rehash 10 year old ips over and over and over and couldn't come up with anything new to save your careers.
Fixed that for you.

MetalMaz

Jan 12, 2011
Terminator Salvation. The horror.

I've always loved the 1st and 2nd film, and tolerate the others. And I remember playing the Terminator game for the NES, so I rented the game (feeling nostalgic) and promptly returned it within the hour. Awfull game.

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
Oh my, where to begin with this one..

Spyro: Enter the dragonfly - broke as hell and didn't add anything to the series.

Spore - This one speaks for itself, I think.

Layzor

Feb 18, 2009
Black-ops, I wish it never happened so that I could still play MW2. Games wouldn't be me and team full of snipers vs another team of snipers and they'd still be policing and maintaining the servers to prevent hacking.

sergnb

Mar 12, 2011
So this thread is just a listing of various shovelware games and the most hated franchises by the "hardcore" community.

Nothing I don't see in every single forum with PC gamers in it.

I can understand the hate towards movie licensed games and various "this is just a tech demo for your new motion capturing controller" games, but WHY do you guys hate so much games like Call of Duty?

Is it really that horrible that there's a game that is so simply fun, everyone can enjoy it? Do we really want to go back to the era of "this guy plays videogame, he is a nerd, punch him in the face"? Don't you guys find ok that douchebags and kids are introduced to videogames, even if it is in a violent and competitive way, but with the possibility to expand their knowledge of the medium?

Seriously, stop with the hipster hivemind and circlejerks that are going on around the internet recently. Everyone hates douchebags, but don't hate on a game just because they play it. Call of Duty is fun, deal with it.

Austin Howe

Dec 5, 2010
Blitzwing said:
Austin Howe said:
Final Fantasy X

Yeah, but a few years later people realized that the plot was totally incoherent, terrribly written, and that it was filled to the brim with every cliche imaginable.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
-Halo 2 and onward (for the Halo series)
-Final Fantasy 7: Dirge of Cerberus
-Armored Core: Nexus (a personal demon)
-Metroid: Other M
-Innumerable amounts of Shovelware
-Mega Man X7
-Fallout 3 (would have added Oblivion here too, but the Shivering Isles was genuinely GOOD)
-(Biggest of all) World of Warcraft

10 years ago, I never would have imagined EVER putting a Blizzard title on such a list. EVER.
I can elaborate and justify my reasons for each of those in detail, but unless anyone gives a toss (which I doubt), the list is just going to sit there.

Mailman

Jan 25, 2010
ODT. If it never had came out I'd still have my copy of Brave Fenser Musashi for the PSone.