Games you wish never saw the light of day.

Kailias

Mar 11, 2009
Ernstige Jan said:
HellbirdIV said:
The 3 Zelda games for the Philips CDI. Way to spit on a great gameseries.
No! I won't have that! Then what about all those Youtube Poops?

Yes, the fact that is sucks has simply made it almost a part of culture today. Almost every youtube video includes "My boy"! You can destroy Superman 64 and E.T for all I care, just don't destroy dinner.

PersianLlama

Aug 31, 2008
DuplicateValue said:
Shoqiyqa said:
Final Fantasy. All of them.

So very sick of those games, without ever playing them.
You don't understand until you play them......seriously I used to think everyone who said that FFVII was the best game ever was just exaggerating, but then I played it and it is actually one of the best games i've ever played!
Try FF 1-6 and 9, they're all much better than FF7.

I don't have any games I wish never saw the light of day, if I don't want to buy it, I don't. If someone else wants to, why the hell should I care?

Tehpwnsauce

Apr 30, 2009
MurderousToaster said:
Indigoman said:
MurderousToaster said:
WrongSprite said:
Is this.....a least favourite games thread in disguise? :D

Anyway, Bioshock, because it tricked everyone into thinking it was good.
What? BioShock is one of the finest games out there. The story, voice acting and general atmosphere is stellar.
Please, I personally unwrapped it straight into the blender.

For me I wish that the new PoP game never came out so I wouldn't have wasted the cash on it.
Sorry but, are you insane? You obviously didn't give it a chance. You are obviously one of the "This game's popular, thus shit." crowd.
And you're one of the "Your opinion is different to mine, you must be wrong" crowd. See that can fit into any situation.

matnatz

Oct 21, 2008
Resident Evil 4. Ok, it's a great game. But it brought about the horrid trend of turning horror games into shooting games in which the monsters have a preference for dark cupboards.

PersianLlama

Aug 31, 2008
Jimmy_shredshot said:
Dungeon Keeper 2, Second Sight and Left 4 Dead. So much does my head hurt recounting those games. I mean Second Sight I expected to be petty bad.

Edit: oh and Diablo 2...
Diablo II? You crazy, crazy person.

Captain Schpack

Apr 22, 2009
All crappy Barbie and Brats titles. there are like 50 of them and because i have a small niece i can see that they are so fucking redundant and tedious. Also, most games about movies. For example, Iron Man and TRansformers.

matnatz

Oct 21, 2008
Those Lego games because everyone loves them despite their mediocrity, repetitiveness, shallowness, and general suckery.

ConstantJoe

Apr 10, 2009
Jimmy_shredshot said:
Dungeon Keeper 2, Second Sight and Left 4 Dead. So much does my head hurt recounting those games. I mean Second Sight I expected to be petty bad.

I quite liked Dungeon Keeper 2. Multiplayer with mates is hilarious.

Aux

Jul 2, 2009
Boo someone stole Superman 64! So now I have to get creative.

Perfect Dark Zero, I expected so much more from it just be very disappointing after the first few levels. Personally everything in that game was a let down.

Mar 26, 2009
Jimmy_shredshot said:

Wha... Wha....
*Applies rose-tinted goggles* But Dungeon Keeper is my childhood, ah the memories.
Shameless fanboyism and hypocricy aside, Turok. If it didn't exist, I could of got a better game for Christmas.

explodingdog

Jul 4, 2009
buy teh haloz said:
Leisure Suit Larry. All of them.
The moment Al Lowe got cut out of any aspect of the game design is the moment the games started to suck (Read as LSL Magna Cum Laude and any after that).

For me, I would say the one game I wish was never developed was George Romero's Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green. Any Zombie game where a golf club kills a zombie faster than a hand-grenade is stupid. Hit detection, clipping, pop-up, character's you don't care about, etc. all make a horrible game. And in turn have made me distrust anything with Romero's name that has come out since.

Polarix

Jul 3, 2009
If I had to say what game should have never existed it would be The Sims, because it wasts evryone's life who plays it by recreating life that you can already live everyday. Besides EA doesnt even include the whole game in one package and you have to pay at least $20 dollars for each evpansion pack they release. And The Sims started the madness.

Jun 8, 2009
Shoqiyqa said:
Final Fantasy. All of them.

So very sick of those games, without ever playing them.
How can you find a series annoying without playing them? Have they affected you in some other way?

Malevolent Stranger said:
Anything that has a homosexual plumber saving a dumb ***** from a dragon should have been rounded up, dropped into a blender, burned after the blendering, then the ashes should be absorbed into a Shamwow and used to wipe scum off of landfills.
You really don't like Mario do you?

I'm ultimately going to say Shadow the hedgehog. Other people still like the Sonic series, and I respect that, but that was personally the moment where I found I couldn't play the games any more...

daribian

May 2, 2009
the Wii, not a game i know but typing that is a lot easier then typing all the wii's games.
I only think that this should never of seen the light of day as i prefer just using a controller, yatzee is right the wii actually makes you want to go back to the gamecube, i see no problem with releasing the games on the wii onto the gamecube and selling some motion device software on the side.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
matnatz said:
Resident Evil 4. Ok, it's a great game. But it brought about the horrid trend of turning horror games into shooting games in which the monsters have a preference for dark cupboards.
That was probably the most overrated game until No More Heroes came out and got rave reviews (for some reason). At least re4 was somewhat good, not a half developed shallow stab at the mature gamer. NMH would've maybe been half decent if it's minigames had managed to capture all the joy and wonder of mowing the lawn, or collecting litter, or pumping gas.

Then again maybe not.

(I'm also a Brazil fan; imagine if they made a game of that)