Games you WISH you were good at.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
I wish I was better at RTS. I'm way too slow, and always get beaten online, I don't get rushed, but I'm just constantly one step behind everyone else.

GoldenRaz

Mar 21, 2009
WoW, just because I want to be good enough to really enjoy playing it, thus giving me the opportunity to learn the story (which, for me, is the main draw to ever pick up WoW again).

Failing that, FPS's in general. Just so that I can absolutely own anyone or anything that comes my way, no matter the game or game mode.

Fortesque

Jan 16, 2009
Oh, id really like to be better at CoD4 Multiplayer. Im quite good at the game, can finish it on Veteran, but once it gets to MP. I dont even get a kill in.

FeverusDreams

Feb 22, 2009
RTS guys, I think what's getting you is the concept of opportunity costs. The one thing you think you're doing right is probably taking your attention/money away from the critical stuff you really need!

I'm fairly decent at RTS and pretty good (monarch-emperor level) at civ4, but FPS games elude me.

Pyromanaical

Sep 12, 2009
Arachon said:
I'd like to become better at Dystopia and Team Fortress 2.

I'm pretty average at both I presume, but in Dystopia, I occasionally get lost in Cyberspace, and I can't do Cyberspace combat for my life.

In TF2, I can rarely get more than a few backstabs before I die, and I am unable to sap sentry nests.
Thats not the worst case of spying YET.

Ridonculous_Ninja

Apr 15, 2009
Street Fighter, I sit at about 1 point above Scrub at the moment, and have been known to randomly mash buttons on occasion...

I really would like to not suck at Fighting games.

Aqualung

Mar 11, 2009
I've just started playing Prototype for the first time yesterday. I'm amazing at running around the city and doing all the parkour, but I suck at combat... I hate combos.

dannyboi1236

Oct 22, 2008
QuirkyTambourine said:
I'd say any of the Call Of Duty's. I'm pretty good but not godly by any means, I've gotten to the point where I do a little better than break even on my K/D ratio. I wish I could run around and absolutely own people, because killing sprees are such a good feeling, but I don't nearly have the time to invest in that.
i am with you on that one. also i would very much like to get better at TF2

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
Left 4 Dead. I thought that game was fun until I played versus mode and got annihilated in about five seconds flat each time. I stunk so bad that I sold that game back.

frank220

Dec 25, 2008
RTSs. I was playing Dawn of War on Standard (I'm so badass) and I got rushed by Chaos Marines and the Bloodletter because I just built up shit and the only units I had for the first 5 minutes were 2 Servitors.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
DoW2. I just wish windows live would let me connect, like once in a week, instead of once in a month.

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
QuirkyTambourine said:
I'd say any of the Call Of Duty's. I'm pretty good but not godly by any means, I've gotten to the point where I do a little better than break even on my K/D ratio. I wish I could run around and absolutely own people, because killing sprees are such a good feeling, but I don't nearly have the time to invest in that.
This. I usually break even in my K/D ratio or close to it, but I rarely stand out in a match.

QuirkyTambourine

Jul 26, 2009
Evilbunny said:
QuirkyTambourine said:
This. I usually break even in my K/D ratio or close to it, but I rarely stand out in a match.
But doesn't it feel so great to go on a 20+ killing spree? It happens so rarely for me that it's often a highlight of my night