Games you WISH you were good at.

Omni-Bot

Jul 5, 2009
I'd like to be godly at Starcraft, I could actually make a living playing that game. If I was a Pro Starcraft player I would play "random" because that would be fun to watch for the fans.

Also, I'm pretty good at Armored Core. Last one I cared about was Armored Core Last Raven on the PS2. While I wasn't one of the top 10 players, I could still kick the ass of a lot of players and give the better players a run for their money on a good day. I usually built Mechs that were gimped in some way too, but that's one of the things that made it more fun and me more competitive. I did upload an online match of mine to youtube, if anyone actually cares about Armored Core.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8zbWkNbBMY

henrebotha

Jan 29, 2009
whiskey rock n said:
Thanks for the advice, but the main problem is that as soon as I start the enemy really quickly manages to have troops in my borders and while I'm deperatly hangig on, their already progressing through the ages. I'll have to try it again sometime it's been a while since I abandoned it.
Then try a rush game. Play as Persia and get Immortals as soon as you can possibly manage. They're essentially Chariots that can gain defensive bonuses, meaning they're faster, stronger and tougher than any other troops anyone can field at that point in the game. All you need to research to get them is The Wheel and Animal Husbandry (and then obviously find some Horses). Build Worker-Warrior-Warrior-Settler, settle a city near some Horses (if you don't have any near your capital), and then churn out Immortals until you have around ten or twenty of them. Then go to town on your nearest neighbour. That'll set you up for the rest of the game. :)

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
My boyfriend got me to play Halo for the first time. I wasn't very good and only managed to kill about three people.
;O

Fauxity

Sep 5, 2009
Deus Ex.

My save game is still branded.

CHEATS ENABLED!

CHEATS ENABLED!

Goddamn you, I JUST WANT TO SLEEP AT NIGHT AGAIN.

Sir Lionhead

Sep 13, 2009
Beat 'em ups like Street fighter 4. I wish i had those mad skillz but alas i suck harder than a granny with loose dentures.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. My friends are all relatively good at it, while I suck more than a cheap hooker with an idustrial strength vacuum cleaner.

logiman

Aug 8, 2008
I`d like to be good at Counter-Strike `cuz you could make money out of it perhaps..or chess

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
I find myself awfully noobish when I play Company of Heroes. The rest I'm pretty good at, though I tend to rush things which is not good.

[small]I have trouble to win 1 vs 1 on normal difficulty. After that I normaly reagequit and hide in the closet.[/small]

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
For all the people saying they suck at Street Fighter, just hit the practice mode with your chosen character, practice a single bread and butter combo until you can hit it at least 90% of the time. If you don't think you can remember long combos if you just reapet the first half over and over then the second half and put it together it can just become muscle memory. To be honest, most of my combos I couldn't tell you what i'm doing without looking at a controller it's just my muscle memory.
If you don't know what combos to do with your chosen character, or have any questions please send me a message I will be glad to help. Street fighter really isn't a hard game to learn, people just tend to rush too far ahead of their skill level.

Extravaganza

Mar 2, 2009
Bobtowna said:
Starcraft. Starcraft 2 looks easier.
I'm thinking that everyone in this thread has overlooked how much time "Good starcraft player's" have put into being the best at a hardcore game.

Also. The games i suck at, are sports games.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
Any PC shooter, I'm too used to playing on consoles and it has ruined my ability to use a mouse.

Zombie Badger

Dec 4, 2007
sirdanrhodes said:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky, I am on medium, and Christ it's hard!
Just wait until you get to the building site and the hospital in Limansk. Dear, sweet, nonexistant lord.

Nutcase

Dec 3, 2008
Poker. For obvious reasons.

If money games are not allowed:
Go. Basically, something that has an insane skill ceiling and longevity so that my skill wouldn't have an expiration date. Chess would be OK too, I just like Go better.

If non-videogames are not allowed:
Starcraft. Same reasoning, except I'm also considering how well the skills would transfer over to other games. Virtua Fighter or Quake Live would also be fine.

Satin6T

May 5, 2009
I'm an average gamer
I'm wonderful at platformers, I can zair in brawl, I can get a Killtacular in halo, I can chain moves in fighting games

but I can't play rhythm games worth a damn

Twilightruler

Jul 3, 2009
Any and all first person shooters for console games, except perfect dark, I was pretty good at that. But halo 3, call of duty, I can't play with a joystick to save my soul. PC I can do just fine at, no real issues there, except most of my friends are console gamers so when I head over there to chill for a while I look fairly stupid. Also, for some reason I'm terrible at all RTS games.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Resident evil 5. Plain and simple, I really really suck at that game.
I was awesome at 4, but 5, just... i don't really know what's changed, but I really suck at it (maybe because I don't have a massive HDMI compatible screen?) I don't really know. Plain and simple, if you encounter Daedalus1942 in game on Resi 5... you'll most likely be carrying my dead weight.
I'm really bloody awful.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
I wish my CoD4 skill translated to Marvel vs Capcom 2. I'm certainly not terrible, and I hold my own against most people. Then I run into the guy who's mastered his juggle combos with Magneto/Sentinel/Storm and I literally can't get in a single hit. It makes me sad.

Yarkaz

Aug 22, 2009
RTSs in general. All of my friends seem to have great fun while playing Warcraft 3 and Starcraft over LAN, but I can only keep up when we play DotA. I guess micro-managing is simply beyond me.