Games you wonder if anyone else has played...

imPacT31

Mar 19, 2008
Hogs of War - Worms 3D with pigs and voice-overs by Rick Mayal. The most amazing thing about the game was how it managed to get a Worms-style game to work in 3D, yet the Worms franchise still hasn't managed this itself.

"I have a Capitalist party in my head".

SilentHunter7

Nov 21, 2007
Psi-Ops. That game was amazing, and yet it completely died. Last time I heard about it was over 2 years ago when some nobody with a bad case of unwarranted self-importance tried suing Midway for copyright infringement.

SurferRosa

May 11, 2008
imPacT31 said:
Hogs of War - Worms 3D with pigs and voice-overs by Rick Mayal. The most amazing thing about the game was how it managed to get a Worms-style game to work in 3D, yet the Worms franchise still hasn't managed this itself.

"I have a Capitalist party in my head".
I remember it well. Countries named Arstria and Saustralasia, stupid sound effects... a riot indeed.

Has anyone played Hostile Waters, Giants: Citizen Kabuto or Sacrifice? Tell me I'm not the only one who fell in love with these legendary pieces of gaming genius, all of which were so far ahead of their time that their ideas have only recently been incorporated into the gaming mainstream.

And of course the cursory shoutout to ADOM, just to see if there are any other roguelike fans floating about.

Strafe Mcgee

Jan 25, 2008
SurferRosa said:
[
Has anyone played Hostile Waters, Giants: Citizen Kabuto or Sacrifice? Tell me I'm not the only one who fell in love with these legendary pieces of gaming genius, all of which were so far ahead of their time that their ideas have only recently been incorporated into the gaming mainstream.

And of course the cursory shoutout to ADOM, just to see if there are any other roguelike fans floating about.
Oh, hell yeah. I always forget to mention these ones because I always assumed that people actually played them. Hostile Waters I'm not that big a fan of (even though Warren fucking Ellis wrote the script, but Giants and Sacrifice are works of pure, utter, demented genius. Love em to bits.

Anyone play MDK 2? I think it sank like a stone when it was released, despite it being one of the best third person action games ever made. Shame, that.

Nov 28, 2007
darthsmily said:
One more vote for Prey.
I played through all of the campaign and then I went online and nobody on the servers.
You should message me sometime. I like playing it online, but I can only do it like once a month at the most.

MK-Smash

Mar 18, 2008
All the .hack games.
Sure, they were repetitive, but i thought it was a genuinly fun
Dungeon-Crawler.

Please tell me someone agrees.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
OriginalUsername said:
Freedom Fighters was a great game that's rarely talked about anywhere ever.
I liked it too. And Giants: Citizen Kabuto, even if it was a tad broken and the manual's backstory was confusing. - it was fun though, especially the great cut scenes and the cynical humour.

Hositile waters was good too, I loved the fictional backstory to that (Utopian future threatened by returning despots from 'the good ole days'). The gameplay reminded me of Battlezone, or Urban Assault (I only played a demo of that, heh)

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Cousin_IT said:
Bet On Soldier. I liked the concept at least, anyone else?
The concept was interesting, although sadly the gameplay was poor, the environments bland, and the backstory was...meh. I regretted buying this, as it seemed nicer in my imagination.

Omnidum

Mar 27, 2008
I enjoy playing Golden Axe, Kid Chameleon and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine. (they are old)

darknight910

Apr 15, 2008
IronicSilver said:
How about Otagi 1 or 2, anyone ever played either?
Absolutely loved the Otogi games. Increadible graphics for it's time, haunting authentic Japanese music and enviroments so destructable you think that THQ let them use their GeoMod engine from Red Faction. Good times!

propertyofcobra

Oct 17, 2007
Freedom Force and Freedom Force: Rise of the Third Reich. Absolutely loved them, loved creating my own weird superheroes and having them knock out a T-rex. Or Italian Nazi opera singers.
The games had a lovely tounge-in-cheek style to them, and the narrator's voice always cracked me up. All 'ail absurd alliterations!
However, Third Reich kinda ruined it a bit by having the second half of the game be a cheap knockoff of the X-men's Phoenix storyline, and thus take itself WAY, WAAAY too seriously all of a sudden.

Aside that, I wonder sometimes if I'm alone on earth in absolutely loving Tyrian, a stunning old DOS shoot-em-up with a STORYLINE. (Yes, you heard me right) I mean, c'mon! You can fly around in a carrot launching beams a third of the screen wide, and STILL have a surprisingly intricate and interesting story!
And the music...Jeez, the music was amazing. By far the best soundtrack I ever heard in a shoot-em-up.

the monopoly guy

May 8, 2008
What about Metal Arms: glitch in the system? That game was great, severely underated, and even funny
And I loved XIII, favorite game for my ps2 hands down...that or Metal Arms

ModReap

Gatekeeper
Apr 3, 2008
Golden Sun and Baten Kaitos Origins.

No one has heard of these games where I live :(.

I'm trying to persuade my friends to do so though :p.