Games you wonder if anyone else has played...

Ekfud

May 11, 2008
wills_b said:
How about Quarantine? The weird zombie influenced Taxi game of ages ago?

That was amazing...

Well, it was good. And I loved it. And that is all that is necessary.
Hell yes. One of the most odd/dark games for circa 1993, but addictive. Had a rather open world, considering it was about the same release as Doom 2, Heretic & other pure linear gigs.

Much more recent - but I have not for the life of me been able to convince a group of fellow gamers to fire up a copy of Stalker.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
'Sega Rally Revo' considering the developers were shut down because everyone was too busy playing 'not another violent shooter IV'.

Gradius V - one of the last of a dying breed of gaming.

Myst: Revelation - would be great to see a Nintendo Wii version released.

Nick Bounty - best freeware game ever

Apr 24, 2008
I really liked Ico and Giants: Citizen Kabuto, they seemed to be largely overlooked. Does anyone remember a game called Severence: Blade of Darkness?...that game was awesome.

RazielDethAngel

Jan 22, 2008
SilentHunter7 said:
Psi-Ops. That game was amazing, and yet it completely died. Last time I heard about it was over 2 years ago when some nobody with a bad case of unwarranted self-importance tried suing Midway for copyright infringement.
God I love psi-ops picked it up for 10 a couple years ago.

Anyone heard of Chaos Legion it is surprisingly good hack and slash with a somewhat intricate story.(read the manual our the story is screwed up beyond belief).

Apone

Jan 13, 2008
Broken.Longinus said:
What about Drakengard 1 and 2? Every time i mention them I get a "Huh?".
Played a lot of one. Didn't complete it though. As you get to a point and it says "Now go back and finish this level on a time limit etc to unlock more story." No. I bored now. Fun at the beginning though.
I also enjoyed Future Cop: LAPD good fun.

Anyone play "Overboard!"? That was a fun game, got a bit hard though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overboard_(computer_game)

Zamber0ni

Jan 3, 2008
Body Harvest, made by Rockstar North before it was Rockstar North, obvious predecessor to the GTA formula. Also, astonishingly good for a third party N64 game.

MK-Smash

Mar 18, 2008
The-Saboteur said:
Anyone else played Nethack? It's free and it gave me and my buddies something to do all the way through High School computing.

Aside from that, are there any Myst fans on here? I'm sure everyone and their dog has played the original, but it seems rare to come across people who actually had enough faith that it would improve to buy the sequels.
Oh my god, yes.

I loved it.
As for myst, i never really enjoyed it. Don't know why.

EDIT:
i was confusing Nethack with the games/manga/anime it was based off.
DotHack. I'm surprised no one has ever heard of it, since 4 games were made in the original series, and in the G.U. series there were three.
NetHack was still fun though.

MRMIdAS2k

Apr 23, 2008
imPacT31 said:
Hogs of War - Worms 3D with pigs and voice-overs by Rick Mayal. The most amazing thing about the game was how it managed to get a Worms-style game to work in 3D, yet the Worms franchise still hasn't managed this itself.

"I have a Capitalist party in my head".
That game rocked.

I liked all the comedy names like "Herr Kutt" on the German team and stuff like that.

The upgrade system wasn't bad either.

David Miscavidge

Dec 13, 2006
Galapagos. A weird artificial-intelligence based 3D platformer from the mid 90s, both for Mac and PC from some studio in Colorado that later went on to do web-functionality browser plug-in stuff. No one seems to remember it.

Scarpy

May 10, 2008
Shajinn said:
Warhammer´s Dark Omen anyone...?

First realistic (well kind of) tactic simulation I´ve played and great fun.
Except that your mages' spells were chosen randomly before each battle. That sucked baaaaaadly.
I played that. AND IT WAS AWESOME.
G-Police anyone (Combat based flight simulator for the PS1 and PC)? Or Hydro Thunder(Water based racing game)?

Scarpy

May 10, 2008
Apone said:
Broken.Longinus said:
What about Drakengard 1 and 2? Every time i mention them I get a "Huh?".
Played a lot of one. Didn't complete it though. As you get to a point and it says "Now go back and finish this level on a time limit etc to unlock more story." No. I bored now. Fun at the beginning though.
I also enjoyed Future Cop: LAPD good fun.

Anyone play "Overboard!"? That was a fun game, got a bit hard though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overboard_(computer_game)
Overboard = EPIC WIN.

Mar 26, 2008
wills_b said:
How about Quarantine? The weird zombie influenced Taxi game of ages ago?

That was amazing...

Well, it was good. And I loved it. And that is all that is necessary.
It was a great game and had one of the best guns in a semi-FPS, the Tesla cannon! Fire off a ball of lightening and go racing after it as it rips apart anything it comes in contact with, cars, zombies, pedestrians, whatever.

I also wonder if anyone remembers playing the PC game Dreamweb. It caused a lot of controversy at the time due to the sex scene and over the top violence. Despite all the hoo-har it was actually a decent game.

Duck Sandwich

Dec 13, 2007
Strafe Mcgee said:
Anyone play MDK 2? I think it sank like a stone when it was released, despite it being one of the best third person action games ever made. Shame, that.
I played a demo of it for Dreamcast. I liked the part where I controlled some dog man with four arms that could carry a gun in each hand. Fun times.

I feel compelled to list all of my Turbo Grafx and Sega Master System games, seeing as how no one I know even owns either of them, but I'll just go with a few games from each.

Keith Courage in Alpha Zones - Turbo Grafx 16
Yo Bro - Turbo Grafx 16
Air Zonk - Turbo Grafx 16
Spellcaster - Sega Master System
Cloud Master - Sega Master System
The Ninja - Sega Master System
7th Legion - PC