Games you'd like to see ported to the PC

Kayevcee

Mar 5, 2008
A lot of people have mentioned JRPGs. I'd like to be able to play the Kingdom Hearts games without buying a PS2 or emulator-hunting. They look like fun.

I'd also love to be able to play all the classic Mario games on my PC legally. Heck, all the classic Nintendo titles. The only obstacle is arbitrary adherence to their own hardware. Ah well.

-Nick

prpshrt

Jun 18, 2012
God of War
Zelda games
Infamous
Also pokemon X and Y since I dont want to buy a system for one game :(

themyrmidon

Sep 28, 2009
Forza Horizon 2
Madden NFL 15

Sure there are others, but these would satisfy my unfilled desires.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Every game made by Nintendo.

But of course they'll never do that for obvious reasons.

Yes, I'm aware of emulators.

Tilted_Logic

Apr 2, 2010
I'm not sure this counts.. But I want so much for Destiny to come to PC. I'm an absolute sucker for anything sci-fi, and I love shooters... But me and controllers don't really mix when it comes to aiming. I haven't looked forward to a game as much as this since Mass Effect 3, and while I will get it for the console for the sake of experiencing it, I expect a lot of enjoyment will be sapped by my inability to target enemies properly. On the PC, I'd probably be a Hunter, sniping it up.. but on the ps3/ps4 I'll probably have to choose between the Titan or Warlock; whichever one requires the least amount of aim. :/ (Not that they don't look like a blast themselves though!)

A good example of my issue with a controller would be Bioshock. I bought it for ps3, and 1/3 of the way through the game I had to turn the difficulty down to easy, because I just ended up dying over and over. I completely and utterly missed the story because I was so frustrated and so focused on surviving; I just didn't take in the environment or the dialogue. But on PC, I play on the highest difficulty available and have a blast headshotting things.

nameless023

Fancy Forum Title Goes Here
Nov 11, 2011
El Luck said:
Lilani said:
JOURNEY. Holy fucking God. ONE GAME is causing me to consider buying a used PS3. A couple of hundred dollars, all for ONE. GAME.
This, Final Fantasy Tactics (any of them other than Advanced, that game can just fuck off) and Scott Pilgrim Vs the World the Game. Also the Fire Emblem games...seriously I love strategy games like that and there's not as many on the PC as you'd expect, shame really.

I agree with you on the Fire Emblem and strategy games thing, but... Why would you say such things about Final Fantasy Tactics Advance? Why? I feel like I should add you to my friends list just so I can say "You are no longer my friend" and remove you because of that comment. You're seriously breaking my heart.

(Ok, I might have a huge bias towards FFTA and I might have played that game about 20-25 times)
(No I'm not exaggerating. I've seriously played that game too many times)
(And I love every second of it)

//Topic

This might be a bit late for me seeing as I already bought a PS3 just to get some of those delicious exclusive games the console peasants enjoy so much, but I still would love to have the Last of Us with proper graphics and controls on my dear PC. Also rereleases because why not.

Give me a HD release of FFXII and I'll be a happy gamer.
(yes, I know people hate that game and no I don't care)

mrdude2010

Aug 6, 2009
I'd like to see Jade Empire ported without them completely fucking it up and turning the game into a shadow of its console self.

For the most part, N64 emulators let me play a good deal of the games from that era I'd like, but it's almost impossible to get the controls to Goldeneye to not suck.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Journey, Tokyo Jungle, The Unfinished Swan, Shadow of The Colossus, GTA V, Sunset Overdrive...

It's a shame that there are so many individual games that could benefit greatly from being on PC, but aren't, but they don't justify forcing us to buy a clunky new console with no backwards compatibility.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Tokyo Jungle, The Last of Us, and 'Splosion Man. Maybe Heavy Rain, as well, since the copy I had (and even complete uninstalls and reinstalls with a different disc) was either damaged or bugged to all hell and it literally became unplayable about halfway through. I was so pissed, because I had hit the point where it had become really gripping and I was emotionally invested, and as it sits right now it looks like I'll never finish it.

Lilani said:
JOURNEY. Holy fucking God. ONE GAME is causing me to consider buying a used PS3. A couple of hundred dollars, all for ONE. GAME.
I want to say it'd be worth it to do it, play the game, then cancel everything and return the system, if you wanted. I'm pretty sure I actually believe that, too.

Alarien

Feb 9, 2010
Demon's Souls
Dragon's Crown
Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain 1 (the rest are on Steam)
Final Fantasy Tactics
Xenogears

Errr...

?

Heavy Rain, so that it can be outed by the PC community finally for being standard David Cage bad game nonsense. Except for that one scene that was good. You know the one.

jollybarracuda

Oct 7, 2011
Dragon's Dogma is actually my all-time favorite game, so seeing that come to Pc with better resolution and a more solid framerate would be magnificent. I really do hope we see a sequel to that game that ends up coming to Pc as well.

MidnightSt

Sep 9, 2011
Demon's Souls (ain't gonna happen, I know), Shadow of the Collossus (...might? maybe?), Read Dead Redemption

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I'd like to see a few more of the platformers arrive as classics... Glover, Kingsly, 40 Winks, Gex... There are loads! To be honest though, when I get older games for the PS1/2 I tend to play them more... I have so many games on Steam that I look at and think '1 day I will settle down and play the shit out of that!' But at the moment I suck at PC games..

I have a strange problem with games where I forget certain functions exist, especially if the funtion only has finite uses, or takes time to recharge. For instance I am playing Titan's Quest at the moment. It's a brilliant game, and very simple. However, I only use my ranged weapon. I have a spear, but I hate changing my tactics, and then forget that the weapon even exists!
Another one is granades in games... I NEVER use them! Ever! I prefer to pick off enemies one at a time, and prefer that. The only time I have ever used them is to destroy heavy armour and scenery as required...
I also forget spells exist in games... especially if it is awkward to set them up. This is always a shame because I miss the fun use or the benefits from them, but they just never feature in my mind!

This is accentuated in PC games for me, as there are usually so many more keys and features for me to forget and never use!

Slackv

Nov 25, 2010
Ico (I didn't like Shadow of the Colossus)

Bravely Default (get it off the 3ds and onto a large screen please)

Journey (of course)

Final Fantasy X ( given that they just released a remaster version it probably won't come out soon for pc)

(and to show my age) Wings of Death (came out on the Amiga, a 2D scroller where you were a bird.)

exobook

Sep 28, 2011
Surprised no-one has mentioned the Ratchet and Clank games. I would love to see them on PC. Even though I know its impossible but people can still dream

MeTalHeD

Feb 19, 2014
If only Namco agreed to port Tekken to PC...

Other than that, GTA V (which would most likely eventually be ported to PC) and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. I love fighting games :)