Games you'd love to see another entry for...but probably won't

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
Legacy of Kain!

This series never really got its due. Excellent world, lore, (impeccably voice-acted) and characters, and a host of interesting gameplay mechanics to boot. That F2P action/shooter "Nosgoth" doesn't count, we need a new epic letting us play out how Kain realizes his final destiny.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
This one!
I cannot think of another vampire zombie western fps game ever.

Great action, visuals for the day, cut scenes and gameplay.

There was stirring that there would be a 360 version. Never happened.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Ihateregistering1 said:
Darksiders 3: I know Nordic Games bought up the Darksiders IP, but no word on if or when there will be a 3. Would be a shame, really want to conclude this saga.
This is the game that I was going to mention by coming to this topic. :p

As you mentioned, the IP was picked up, but from what I hear the people that picked it up have a tendency to shop out their games to the lowest bidder to make them. Possible good news is that last I heard, they were talking to CryTek about it since a lot of people who worked on the first two games actually went to work for CryTek when THQ kerploded. Still, the series itself was never a mega-hit, so it's future is certainly in question.

It sucks, too, because had THQ not gone under, there would definitely have been a Darksiders 3. And from some interviews with former THQ employees, it was going to be 4 player co-op with all the Horsemen.

TheMigrantSoldier

Nov 12, 2010
Warcraft 4: I enjoyed the fast-paced gameplay in the previous RTS games as well as the story, especially in Warcraft 3. It turned an otherwise stereotypical fantasy world into something more interesting with changes of narrative viewpoint. I dislike the storytelling in WoW but, admittedly, it's the only incentive I have to play the game. Even then, the developers consider storytelling second to gameplay and it shows. This is bad when even the gameplay isn't that good.

A 2D Castlevania platformer: What drew me into the series was the variety of interesting enemies and your specific ways of dealing with them and your environment, blanketed with Gothic aesthetics. Why are they making more 3D entries? Not because of superior review scores, but money. Clever level design and tight controls? Nope! Have QTEs and dark, "mature" storytelling instead. I hope for them to build on Order of Ecclesia which I still consider a step in the right direction for the series (and probably the second best game, in my opinion), combining Classicvania and Metroidvania. Until then, it's Guacamelee for my Metroidvania fix.

There's also Arcanum and Destroy All Humans, which both have that certain charm I can't put my finger on.

Menageryl

Apr 4, 2014
Keystone said:
I second KOTOR. I could also go for a Jade Empire sequel.
Rogue Squadron
X-Wing/Tie Fighter
Alpha Protocol
Star Control 2
Suikoden
Tactics Ogre or the original Final Fantasy Tactics
Nexus: the Jupiter Incident
Fate of the World
Infinite Space
Kessen

I also want Obsidian to make a sequel to Fallout New Vegas.
YESSSSSSSSS!!!! You get such MAJOR points in my book for the mention of the old-school Star Wars flight-sims - I vote for them too (busy replaying them as I write this actually!) - X-Wing / Tie Fighter / X-Wing Alliance.
AND Star Control 2!!! I'm assuming, like most fans, you ignore the existence of Star Control 3 - NOT helmed by Fred Ford et al.?

And I SO agree with a sequel to New Vegas too!!! I know there's no chance of that initially, but I AM hoping (and being real positive about the idea!) that once Bethesda does their expected "Fallout 4" thing, that they go through a similar cycle and hand Obsidian the reigns for a "Fallout 4 - New Vegas" kinda thing!!! :-D

Folksoul

May 15, 2010
Rare developed 3D platformer with interconnected hub world. Banjo Kazooie, DK64, Conker etc. Microsoft has them making Kinect games...

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
LookingGlass said:
2. I'd really like to see another Crusader game (i.e. in the series including Crusader: No Remorse and Crusader: No Regret). The controls were possibly the worst of any game I've ever dealt with, and yet I still found a fair bit of fun with them. Put decent controls on one of these games and I'd be all over it.
I have to agree with this, actually.

I tried them both out a few weeks ago, and I loved everything about them... except for the controls. If I had better knowledge of the greater gaming sphere of ~1995, I'd chance saying that the Crusader games might even have been revolutionary with the level of control you have over the character and the level of interaction you get with the environment. It's really something to behold for a DOS game, it's just such a shame that it's so hard to actually play. So yeah, I'd be all over a game using that license with a more standard control scheme.

Also, another one I thought of - Advent Rising.

It was pretty silly, cribbing most of its story elements from other popular sci-fi at the time (Stargate and Halo, notably), had a fair share of problematic bugs, and it was pretty easy to completely break the balance of the combat, but it ended on a frustrating cliffhanger sequel-hook and then never did well enough to actually get a follow-up.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Half-Life 3- Does anyone need to say more about this one?

Iron Brigade 2- I loved the first one and would love to see a second one. However, last time I checked, Doublefine was still working on whatever the hell games they launched those kickstarters for so I doubt we'll be seeing much of anything from them for a good while.

Chromehounds 2- I really liked the first game and my biggest regret as a gamer is never being able to play the multiplayer. I just wasn't able to create my Xbox Live account until a few days after the servers were shut down, and for this I am forever sad.

Elfgore said:
Brutal Legends- Takes the term "niche game" to a whole new level. I'm pretty sure the only people who enjoyed this game were metalheads and maybe a few people who enjoyed the gameplay. I loved the setting, characters, and soundtrack. I would, love but probably never will, see a sequel to this game.
If they did make a sequel I'd personally like to see the RTS bits either toned down or completely removed.

Kricketz

Apr 25, 2014
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Dino Crisis. I would love to see a reboot of this franchise. I think it would most definitely fit better with the over-the-top, action adventure genre that Capcom has so desperately been trying to push on the Resident Evil franchise. Dino Crisis 3 wasn't too great but the first two were good fun.

I would also like to see another Rouge Squadron and a sequel to Jade Empire.

PirateRose

Aug 13, 2008
KOTOR 3.

I don't care what EA, Bioware, or Disney says. SWTOR does not carry the experience that KOTOR gave. SWTOR is a MMO through and through, with just a better story than most. That story pales in comparison to the single player RPG experience of KOTOR. It is not worth the subscription fees or the awful micro-trasaction system they put in place.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Zhukov said:
Bulletstorm: It was dumb as hell, but it didn't pretend to be anything else. I had a blast with the gameplay. I even kinda enjoyed the story, thanks to the aforementioned dumb factor. Sadly, I seem to remember that it didn't do so great financially.

Dishonored: Loved the setting, loved the visual style. The gameplay was okay, but crazy unbalanced to the point of being broken. Story very average by video game standards, i.e. utter garbage by any other standard. The tone was unrelentingly grim to the point of tedium. However, the setting had a ton of potential. Get a decent writer or two in there, add a bit of bloody restraint to the gameplay and you'd have the makings for an awesome sequel. We might actually get a Dishonored 2, since I seem to remember the game doing alright. But I suspect it'll just be more of the same "OMG, teleporting assassins are soooooo baaadass!"

Beyond Good and Evil 2: I want my charming, lighthearted setting with stoned Rhinos, pig mechanics and an earnest ass-kicking reporter protagonist damn it! The thought of what they could potentially do with modern engines and animation makes me slightly aroused. Although, knowing Ubisoft these days, it'd probably have auto-pilot gameplay. But hey, they're not totally soulless, so you never know.
Have you played the DLC by any chance? You just described the overall gist of them in six words. You thought Corvo's Blink was broken? Daud's Blink stops fucking time while you pick a destination, granted they did try to compensate it by covering the levels with way more guards and obstacles and new enemy types but you cannot balance that without changes to mana costs or overall level mechanics or something. I doubt they would add any restraint to gameplay on the player's part in the sequel though, they'd have to balance it in the form of super hard enemies to make up for the powers being awesome.

Also kind of +1 for Bulletstorm 2 but I have a feeling that they'd fuck it up with publishers being the way that they are.

OT: As many gripes as I had with the game, I would love a new Marvel vs Capcom game. It's not going to happen with Marvel in their current money hungry "oh shit this movie business is WAY more profitable than we thought" state though. I believe they cut ties with Capcom awhile ago.

Now they can do the long awaited DC vs Capcom game right? Oh DC did their own fighting game already? Oh.

I would add that I would like confirmation of Persona 4 Arena 2 but it's already been given, what with everything Persona flying off the shelves nowadays. We've already made enough re-releases of Persona 4? No, let's re-release the ANIME as well! Genius!

I can't complain, nothing is dropping in quality I guess and the money is presumably going towards Persona 5, P4A2 and that chibi thing. Maybe they could take some of that money out of the lead developer's 15th yacht and into making decent EU release fucking dates.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Xenogears/Saga since there was suppose to be like 6 games that would make a huge story.

Valkyria Chronicles on a console rather than on a portable one.

Valkyrie Profile 3 cuz it has some neat gameplay.

Black 2 cuz that shooting game was off the charts.

A Metal Gear game that is suppose to take place between 2 and 4 since I like Raiden and that other game while fun, wasn't what I wanted.

A sequel to Muv Luv Alternative just to see the aftermath of the ending.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Skies of Arcadia. Partially because Sega are idiots, mostly because it really wasn't a huge mega-name title. Still, the world was fascinating, the characters interesting, the music spectacular and a lot of other very nice things.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Battletanx
Gauntlet (closer to Dark Legacy than to Seven Sorrows, please)
____ of Mana (again closer to the 2nd and 3rd games on the SNES than anything more recent, maybe even online)
Assault Suits (known here as Cybernator and Metal Warriors, again could do well online)
Advance Wars (continuing the Days of Ruin storyline)
Mother (duh)

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels. Sequel please. The new one is unrelated garbage.
Crusader: No Remorse. Reboot please.
Carnage Heart. Reboot it; it could be amazing now with a modern AI tool.
Nexus TJI. Sequel please.
The Witch and the Hundred Knight. Sequel please.

What else... I'm sure there's more. Let me think for a bit.

Mid Boss

Aug 20, 2012
City of Heroes. It was my favorite MMO. Had the most powerful character creator of any game rivaled only by Spore. You NEVER saw someone who looked exactly like you running around unless the two of you planned it out. You could do anything even change the look of your powers. That being said, it was extremely dated and had a lot of baggage from terrible early design choices. Some power sets ranged from neigh useless to outright boring.

If they could get the team back together and make a sequel I'm sure it would be amazing and consume years of my life and thousands from my wallet.... Just please no free to play. I can't stand it when a game begs me for money.

Raziel

Jul 20, 2013
shrekfan246 said:
Also, another one I thought of - Advent Rising.
Agreed. I was definitely annoyed at the time that there was never going to be a conclusion made.

After this long I think they are full of shit about still working on Last Guardian. But its definitely the game I've been wanting the most for the longest time. Although frankly after this long I really kind of doubt that they could even make it right anyway. It would end a mess like Duke Nukem.