Games you'd love to see another entry for...but probably won't

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
Cowabungaa said:
Sigfodr said:
Mirror's Edge. I'm not counting the current version in production since they are apparently simplifying the game play to make it more accessible. I'm not against doing that all the time, but the challenge of the first game is what grabbed me.
Waitwhat? How are they managing that? The first was already a marvel of streamlined, simple-yet-effective design. You run and climb stuff, deliver the odd kick or shoot the odd gun, that's all there is to it. How could they simplify that.
Sorry, just saw this reply.

From an interview with Patrick Söderlund, Dice director:
"People did not understand the concept of running in the first game so we have decided to remove all of the buttons from the controls in this one. The only thing players will need to do is push the control stick in the right direction. If you add buttons to the equation, players get confused when there are so many options available to them."
[a href="http://www.p4rgaming.com/new-mirrors-edge-uses-no-buttons-in-its-controls-to-improve-accessibility/"]Source[/a]

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Creatures 3 (C64 one not the PC one)
Vandal Hearts
Keystone said:
I second KOTOR. I could also go for a Jade Empire sequel.
Rogue Squadron
X-Wing/Tie Fighter
Alpha Protocol
Star Control 2
Suikoden
Tactics Ogre or the original Final Fantasy Tactics
Nexus: the Jupiter Incident
Fate of the World
Infinite Space
Kessen

I also want Obsidian to make a sequel to Fallout New Vegas.
You said Kessen, think there have been 4 of those. Recently been playing Bladestorm on 360, its made by same company. Take a look at it, you might like it. Was talking to my brother about Kessan and he now plays Mount and Blade on PC which is very similiar. :)

Zen Bard

Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Sep 16, 2012
Good to be among like minded people! Pretty much every game I was thinking of has already been mentioned.

Dishonored - The setting was just so unique and interesting as was the visual style. And while I know "open world" and "sandbox" games are rapidly losing their luster, this series could really benefit from it! It would be awesome to really explore some of those dark corners of Dunwall.

Darksiders - The first game was good. The second game was even better! If THQ was on course and still kicking, the third game would have probably been a knockout.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines - An absolutely stellar RPG with loads of replay ability. Yes, the combat was clunky. But the atmosphere, visuals (for its day), voice acting and story were just top notch. At point White-Wolf was looking for a game studio to partner with to make a similar game based on their "Werewolf: The Apocalypse" games. Now THAT would have been awesome.

Jade Empire - Truly one of the most unique RPGs I've ever played. Finally, a fantasy game that does NOT place in a knockoff of Medieval Europe. The gameplay was great, the visuals were stunning, and the story (with its little twists) was actually quite good. Would love another chance to go to that world again.

Assassin's Creed - Just kidding. It's becoming one of those games where I'd be okay NOT seeing another entry...but probably will.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Sigfodr said:
Cowabungaa said:
Sigfodr said:
Mirror's Edge. I'm not counting the current version in production since they are apparently simplifying the game play to make it more accessible. I'm not against doing that all the time, but the challenge of the first game is what grabbed me.
Waitwhat? How are they managing that? The first was already a marvel of streamlined, simple-yet-effective design. You run and climb stuff, deliver the odd kick or shoot the odd gun, that's all there is to it. How could they simplify that.
Sorry, just saw this reply.

From an interview with Patrick Söderlund, Dice director:
"People did not understand the concept of running in the first game so we have decided to remove all of the buttons from the controls in this one. The only thing players will need to do is push the control stick in the right direction. If you add buttons to the equation, players get confused when there are so many options available to them."
[a href="http://www.p4rgaming.com/new-mirrors-edge-uses-no-buttons-in-its-controls-to-improve-accessibility/"]Source[/a]
I...wha- I just... Didn't understand...running?!

HOW?!

I don't even know how to properly respond to this. That quote of yours looked like something satirical but it's absolutely real. I'm gobsmacked really.

Inazuma1

Professional Asshole
Legacy
Nov 18, 2009
Hell
Zen Bard said:
Jade Empire - Truly one of the most unique RPGs I've ever played. Finally, a fantasy game that does NOT place in a knockoff of Medieval Europe. The gameplay was great, the visuals were stunning, and the story (with its little twists) was actually quite good. Would love another chance to go to that world again.
Dude, The Jade Empire engine was based off of the Odyssey engine used in Knights of the Old Republic. It's not THAT good looking of an engine. And honestly the biggest thing Jade Empire did right was world building. I wouldn't mind a sequel just to get a chance to see more of that Wuxia world Jade Empire spent so much time setting up.

Anyway, my vote is for Legend of Dragoon, a game that was very underrated back in the day. The Additions system actually made the battles more fun than they had any right to be for a formula RPG system. The Dragoon transformations sucked mainly because they were barely there compared to the additions, but using them meant a quick end to most battles. But the game was completely self contained and wrapped up its story complete with a little pink bow, so a sequel would mean either massive retcons or a time skip. And neither scenario would make for a good time. Retcons mean plot holes, and a time skip means the previous cast will likely be dead so a new characters would have to be introduced and developed.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Mechwarrior. I want another big stompy mech game made with modern technology. MWO does not count because it is multiplayer-only. PvP-focused games always come down to who metagames best, which is always detrimental to the actual gameplay itself. I want a long, branching single player campaign with moderately complex controls, and possibly the ability to invite other players to join your lance in some missions.

I would also say Wing Commander, except Chris Roberts is giving us something even better in the form of Star Citizen.

kyuzo3567

Jan 31, 2011
I don't have alot of time so I'll make a quick list and hopefully edit to expand later:

Darksiders
KOTOR
Dishonored
Warcraft (along the lines of the old RTS Games)
Legacy of Kain!

and finally.... Onimusha (I would also accept an HD re-release of the original trilogy, or box them with the fourth game. I miss those games so much and still can't believe my brother traded them in instead of giving them to me)

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
Another full Tenchu game. An improved Tenchu Z would be frikking awesome.

Roadwar 2000/europe, etc. Just something Roadwar.

Remember Me. <.<

Sleeping Dogs.

Oni.

Resident Evil: Outbreak

Perfect Dark.

Captcha: Yes, Ma'am.

Bahahahaahahahaa.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
As much as I enjoyed Marvel Ultimate Alliance (and to a lesser extent, X-Men Legends) the odds of us seeing a new entry in either series is somewhere along the same level as a new Sonic Story-Book game.

Otogi: Myth of Demons was my trump card when it came to reasons to own an Xbox over a PS2...the 360 didn't have one and I doubt the XBone will. It's owned by Sega though so maybe it'll be another Bayonetta style upset when it goes exclusively to the Wii U?

Breakdown was the other reason I was glad to have chosen Xbox over the Gamecube or PS2. It was in the first person and it had shooting...but the main draw was the super-arm used in first-person face-punching. I got stuck at one of the bosses though and couldn't finish it...still want more but a sequel wasn't on the 360 and likely won't be on the XBone.

Teleroboxer. It was on the Virtual Boy and was essentially Punch*Out

Knights of the Old Republic 3. I have no idea what the state of Star Wars canon is when it comes to the Old Republic though...I've read some things saying its safe and other things saying that it may not apply...I'm really confused.

Spacemonkey430

Oct 8, 2012
Ihateregistering1 said:
Darksiders 3: I know Nordic Games bought up the Darksiders IP, but no word on if or when there will be a 3. Would be a shame, really want to conclude this saga.
This thread is long enough this reply is fruitless but gosh dangit, I want them to finish the Darksiders saga. I so thoroughly enjoy everything about them that whenever I think about my fond memories of gameplay they are overshadowed by this big gloomy cloud of remorse for the fact that IF there are more, it will be a long long long time until they finally come out. It was really unfortunate that the IP kind of got lost amidst THQ tanking and stuck on the dusty back shelf, it had a lot of promise.

SHOW ME WHAT WAS IN THE OTHER TWO COMETS!!!

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
Golden Sun 4: I really liked the Golden Sun GBA games. The follow up for DS was fun, not as great, but still fun. Unfortunately it didn't sell well and even though the ending was pretty open I'm not sure how likely it is that there will be a sequel.

Metroid is another series I have some worries about. After the Other M debacle I haven't heard a single thing about a future Metroid game. I'm worried they've just decided to pull the plug given that Metroid has never been as great a seller as their other IPs (maybe it was because they kept trying to release them during the launch windows for the Halo games...).

Zen Bard

Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Sep 16, 2012
Inazuma1 said:
Zen Bard said:
Dude, The Jade Empire engine was based off of the Odyssey engine used in Knights of the Old Republic. It's not THAT good looking of an engine. And honestly the biggest thing Jade Empire did right was world building. I wouldn't mind a sequel just to get a chance to see more of that Wuxia world Jade Empire spent so much time setting up.
Wasn't talking about the gaming engine so much as the visual aesthetic. The artists did a nice job capturing the flavor of a mythological Southeast Asia.

The graphics were fine for their day.