Games you're convinced nobody else is playing?

GeneWard

Feb 23, 2011
Doki Doki Panic. Nononono, not the version called Super Mario Bros. 2, an actual, hard copy on the Famicom. I am, (*leans back in self satisfied manner and cracks knuckles*) Powerplay, Kids.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
6_Qubed said:
Here is a fun experiment; Play The Darkness, and then play Fable 2, and then compare how each sets up your love interest, potential love interest in the case of Fable.

I guarantee you, you will find The Darkness much more engaging in this respect, because of the old adage "show, don't tell." Darkness shows, while Fable tells, and in this respect The Darkness is arguably the better of the two because of this. I won't say why exactly for the benefit of those who've not yet played either one. ;)
The Darkness isn't arguably better. It's undeniably and categorically superior in every possible way in regard to that aspect of the game. It actually gets you emotionally invested in the character in a way that few other games have managed to even come close to. In Fable you just fart at someone and then buy them a ring, and suddenly you have a wife without even saying a single word to them.

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
Freaky Lou said:
SimAnt. One of the games that marked my childhood; but apparently obscure enough that it turns up on "Can you believe this existed" lists in magazines and on websites.
Hehe, yeah. That game is fun too and was a hit for its day so I am never "surprised it existed". Just goes to show you, no matter the subject matter, a fun game is a fun game. I would like to see a remake that isn't as easy.

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
SycoMantis91 said:
Nowadays it is. It gets rather overshadowed by other RPGs of the time like Final Fantasy. Chrono Trigger, Zelda, Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG, Breath of Fire and even Illusion of Gaia. Like every other game here, everyone that knows of it knows it's great, but it either never got the recognition it deserved, or got lost in the shuffle over time. Earthbound is the latter.
It is more popular in Japan where it had 2 sequels under the name Mother. I would say it got "lost in time" in North America because Japan never imported the sequels and people have actually taken to translating them and piracy to have the game make it to NA shores. No need for the western audience to pay attention to an IP that Japan refuses to release here no matter the public outcry.

vassallo

Mar 28, 2012
Currently , I am enjoying to play call of gods by lekool. It has been launched their new server S4 this month. It is kind of intellectual game but really enjoyed a lot playing it.

k3v1n

Sep 7, 2008
The Darkness or maybe one of those halo games which were relatively under the radar (Halo3: ODST or Halo Wars)

Acier

Nov 5, 2009
Deadly Premonition

Oh god, I adored that game.
Although I know Jim Sterling has played it, I don't know if he liked it though

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
"Tron: Evolution"- For a movie-based game, it's really not half bad!

"IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey"- I'm a huge fan of the PC series, and this arcade version of it for the PS3 is a lot of fun.

"Amy"- Everyone hated it, I am quite happy with it.

debra_ beretta

Sep 8, 2010
Digital: A Love Story. Call me a big wuss, but I actually bawled my eyes out at a couple of segments and not just from nostalgia. Bloody fantastic game.

http://scoutshonour.com/digital/

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
The two PokePark games for the Wii. While I haven't really heard much bad about it from many reviewers, it's not exactly a game I see lighting up topics and being able to have wide conversations about with total strangers.

Which is a shame. It's a fun little sandbox game...with POKEMON. I honestly thought it'd be more popular than it is. Even just amongst Pokemon fans.

phereck

Aug 8, 2010
Strife, by Rogue software
A first person shooter RPG on the Doom engine that was absolutely amzing