Oh, and
Sonic Mania

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I've beat every main series Zelda game except Spirit Tracks, Tri Force Heroes, and Breath of the Wild. Most of them multiple times.
Yeah, well, least I HAVE beat Spirit Tracks... :(

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Mass Effect: Andromeda. Perfectly good game, definitely undeserving of the hate it got upon release.
I tried to get into Andromeda for a second time, after completing the ME LE, however I feel like this is a game that needs to be played in complete isolation from the trilogy, to avoid as many comparisons as possible.

I don't hate the game - I have just bounced off of it, every time I try to get into it.

Reactions: happyninja42

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I tried to get into Andromeda for a second time, after completing the ME LE, however I feel like this is a game that needs to be played in complete isolation from the trilogy, to avoid as many comparisons as possible.

I don't hate the game - I have just bounced off of it, every time I try to get into it.
Funny thing, the main reason I decided to load it back up, was watching someone do a playthrough of ME: 1 LegEd.

CastletonSnob

Elite Member
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I beat Mega Man X2.

Took me less time and effort to beat X2, especially the X-Hunter Stages. I died several times on the first stage with the moving walls that give you an instant death, but then I didn't die once on the other stages. Either I'm getting really good at Mega Man games, or X2 is easier than X1.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
So I can add Resident Evil 6 to the list. As in, beat all four campaigns.

I'll be frank, I'm not fond of this game. The plot is stupid (even by the standards of RE), and underbaked, with countless plot and character threads not being explored sufficiently. You've got four campaigns that intersect with each other, but don't mistake quantity for quality. There's moments of enjoyment to be had, but they're inevitably subsumed by the sludge that RE6 is. Overall, it's my least favourite mainline RE game (having played all of them bar Village), and of the now 22 RE games I've played, it takes the #16 spot.

Could go on, but this game's a decade old, and anything I'd say, you'll have heard before. For what it's worth, if I had to rank the campaigns, it would go Chris>Ada/Leon>Jake.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Could go on, but this game's a decade old, and anything I'd say, you'll have heard before. For what it's worth, if I had to rank the campaigns, it would go Chris>Ada/Leon>Jake.
That's odd. Usually most people put Leon's campaign at the top, and either Chris's or Ada's at the bottom. More so the latter is at the very bottom.

Onechanbara Origin is done and I've beaten all of the hard modes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
That's odd. Usually most people but Leon's campaign at the top, and either Chris's or Ada's at the bottom. More so the latter is at the very bottom.
I thought Ada's campaign was generally well regarded?

Anyway, the reasons I place Chris's at the top is, among other reasons, is that it feels like the type of game Capcom actually wanted to make, whereas all the other campaigns are based on compromies with that original intent. For example, every character has the ability to take cover, even when it doesn't really make sense for them to do so (e.g. Leon). But if we look at Chris's campaign as a third person shooter, where the enemies happen to be monsters with guns, then what I'm left with is a campaign that's...okay. It's no Gears of War as far as TPS games go, but it gets the job done.

There's also the story aspect, that of all the campaigns, Chris's is the one that comes closes to an overall arch/theme, namely the whole 'soldier boy/band of brothers' thing going on. As themes go, it's generic, and I'd argue that it doesn't really execute it well (Chris loses his entire team in Edonia, then loses another team in China, but this time, he's fine with that...okay...), but it's something at least. It executes it better than the themes/arcs of Jake and Ada's campaigns.

So, yeah. RE6 is an example of "jack of all trades, master of none," and both the story and gameplay suffers for it, but Chris's campaign is the closest example of being all-rounded IMO. If I'm discussing the other campaigns, I like elements of Leon's (e.g. there's some genuinely good horror moments), but among other things, his game can't help but take detours into Stupidville (how many crashed busses, planes, and helicopters can he and Helena magically survive?), and while his campaign's story is the 'glue' that holds all the campaigns together, I'm still dealing with a weak plot overall. So, that leaves me with Ada's campaign (which is at least creative in areas, even if her character goes from 0 to 100 by the end), and Jake and Sherry, which fails to tell a compelling story despite having a great setup for it (two children of monsters) and a failed attempt at capturing Nemesis via the Ustanak.

So, yeah. I don't like RE6, but if I'm regarding it as a third person shooter, then Chris gives me the most bang for my buck.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I thought Ada's campaign was generally well regarded?
Here's the thing, Ada's campaign is base breaker and case of love it or hate it. Chris or hers tend to get the most scorn. The reason Chris's scenario gets so much scorn is that it comes off as a generic military shooter. That and the theme of Chris constantly losing his men feel forced and unneeded. If it were up to me, Chris partner should have been Jill. Better dynamic. While with Leon, they should have just brought back Claire. That way you would have gotten one big Raccoon City family reunion.

Jake and Sherry are usually in 2nd place when it comes to the campaign ratings. I find it funny that they try to set up Jake as the Dante of RE, and imply in his ending that he would be carrying the series forward. Only for Capcom to drop him like nothing happened. Then again, that's always been a problem with RE series.