Games you've just stopped playing.

The Unskilled78

Dec 4, 2008
L4D2. when you had to go upstairs in the mall, I realized I could be actually enjoying the zombie apocalypse by playing Dead Rising.

D_Vanquish

Oct 21, 2009
Stormrise... I got so bored just building as many random people as I could and just making them rush in and die only to send another giant group in that I stopped playing the campaign and never played the game again

Koganesaga

Feb 11, 2010
Final Fantasy 7, After reaching the second disk, I became bored, and I don't even remember why, but if they remade it so cloud doesn't have dumbbells for arms I'd probably give it a second try.

Imper1um

May 21, 2008
Final Fantasy 13. I play for the story, but the only driving force for any of the FF Series is the gameplay. However, with the restriction that the game is incredibly linear, you can't over-level your characters, and cheats do not exist, the game play of having to take 30 minutes per fight because one of the enemies has a one-hit kill (unless you defend) is pissing me off.

I wish I could get a GameShark/CodeBreaker for the X360. :p

ThatTallGuy

Jul 24, 2009
Ocarina of Time. I've stopped and restarted the game so many times it's not even funny anymore. Most recently, I played the game up to the point of Adult Link, and then just stopped. This has been about a year ago now.

the_carrot

Nov 8, 2007
I can think of three recent ones, Fallout 3, Bioshock, and COD4:MW. All of them I grew bored with and eventually traded away without having finished (except fallout, which I bought on steam).

He_Is_Legend

Mar 18, 2010
Fallout 3

I suddenly stopped playing it, and I sold it to Game. I had the best weapons at level..7?
But what really pissed me of, is that a game of those graphics didn't bother to create new models for the signature weapons (that Revolver and that rifle on the hill to mention a few). The game is too simple, and I was bored with it.

jultub

Jan 18, 2010
Portal

Didn't get bored, didn't dislike it or anything. Got halfway through and then just never played it again. o_O

TheSquirrelisKing

Mar 23, 2010
Xeros said:
Metroid Prime 2. Every time I played it, something would come up and I'd have to stop playing it for a few days, and when I'd come back, I'd forget everything that had happened. Just never felt like doing it all again.
Ya, I played it once and a boss handed me my teeth so I quit. Then I got it again for the Wii trilogy thing and it was significantly easier so I played it some more. Then I stopped playing for a day, came back and realized that I had no idea what the hell was going on and in fact was completely lost. I really don't think I will ever finish it. Also I hate games that make you suffer from constant damage.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
Tomb Raider: Underworld. I bought it after I played Uncharte: Drake's Fortune, and I wanted something in the similar vein.

It was not a good plan. Uncharted was actually good, you see?

case_orange

Mar 24, 2010
The only ones that come to mind are JRPG's: Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, and Kingdom Hearts 2.

Mostly cuz once you strip out the linear plot-line and grind-tastic sidequests there really isn't much there; why should I bother, ya know?

Spitfire175

Jul 1, 2009
Eleuthera said:
I also never managed to finish Morrowind.
Must... resist... Morrowind fanboy urge... to kill... and flame...

OT: Portal. I did eventually finish it. But I did stop plying at one point. Just got bored.

Crispee

Nov 18, 2009
TheSquirrelisKing said:
Xeros said:
Metroid Prime 2. Every time I played it, something would come up and I'd have to stop playing it for a few days, and when I'd come back, I'd forget everything that had happened. Just never felt like doing it all again.
Ya, I played it once and a boss handed me my teeth so I quit. Then I got it again for the Wii trilogy thing and it was significantly easier so I played it some more. Then I stopped playing for a day, came back and realized that I had no idea what the hell was going on and in fact was completely lost. I really don't think I will ever finish it. Also I hate games that make you suffer from constant damage.
Same with me, I don't know what it is about the game that made me stop playing. It's quite well made, and is fun at several parts but I kept having to force myself to play it, even though it was fun once I knew what I was doing. Just can't put my finger on it.

Also No More Heroes, the difference being that I found the game to be mind numbingly boring and samey everywhere I went that I just stopped playing after the second boss, if the game is any good beyond that point, then it didn't give me a good enough reason to wait 'till that part.

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
OO, there's been a fair few. Lately it's been metro 2033. Just not in the mood for another feking fps. Gods I need something else. Before that boarderland....another fps.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
DOW II on Primarch difficulty. If one attack from one enemy can kill every one of my troops (Not a bad ass enemy just a second tier guy) then it isn't worth the time I will have to spend redoing levels 80 times to just finally finish.

Haro

May 27, 2009
Modern Warfare 2: Played this game a lot, stopped the multiplayer when a kid got angry because I messed up his resupply glitch, and I subsequently tore him a new one and got fed up with the entire MW2 community.

Fallout 3: got pretty far into this game before things just started getting tiresome for me.

Borderlands: kinda similar to fallout 3.

Infamous: I just got a ps3 a couple weeks ago, and I swear I need to put serious effort just to get through small play sessions of this game. Maybe it's because I haven't gotten very far, but my god it is boooring. I do try again every couple of days, for maybe 15-20 minutes before I give up again, so tis isn't done yet. But at this rate I doubt I'll finish it.

Weslebear

Dec 9, 2009
Borderlands, was playing it solidly up until level 32 really enjoying it, then just stopped tried to pick it up again and just couldnt stand it anymore, was really odd.

oOxatikeOo

May 20, 2009
Haunted Herring said:
Has anyone here just stopped playing a game and never played it again? It could be unfairness, boredom, anything really. For me it was Brutal Legend with the fight against Ophelia, bloody Reapers.
Same haha, it was an awesome game, but the RTS style battles wasn't for me.