Games you've just stopped playing.

keybird

Jun 1, 2009
Sazzlysarah said:
keybird said:
In the original Kingdom Herats I had kept dying during the fight with Heartsless Riku and I actually stopped playing for about 6 months before I came back and killed him on my first try.
Kingdom Hearts is the only game I've ever seen through to the finish, in my life.
The story was just captivating and the characters felt so real didn't they

Crops

Probably more bored than you
Aug 16, 2009
World of Warcraft - At some point I just woke up and realised I was paying a monthly fee to drag characters through a daily grind of hardly challenging quests, farming hardly challenging raids for gear that will be obsolete next patch day (or 4 days after, when the game finally runs stable again) and adding people to my ignore list.

Fallout 3 - Dropped it just about 10 minutes after the tutorial bit. The start of a game shouldn't have me bored with drama I couldn't care less about, or balancing a seemingly important stat steet with no proper reference.
I know it's a great game and all, and I'll probably end up playing it some day. Just not some day soon.
Oh, and karma meters are ridiculous.

Halo 2 - Loved the first one, went to a prerelease party with a friend. We played the campaign for about half an hour, did 3 multiplayer games and sat at the bar for the rest of the night. I cancelled my order the next morning and forgot about the series. Possibly one of the biggest disappointments in sequel history.

These are the only three that come to mind, there are plenty more that I quit and finished at a later point. I generally stop a 2nd or 3rd playthrough to clear the disc tray for a different game.

Lukeydoodly

Sep 9, 2008
Mass Effect 2, Dragon age, Borderlands and others.

I can't wait till they come out, so when I get my hands on them I play them to death right away.

:(

Bourne Endeavor

May 14, 2008
Unlimited SaGa - Game was so awful, I put it down after fifteen minutes as I could not bear to torment my poor PS2 any further.

Suikoden III - Although many believe it a masterpiece I found it lackluster in comparison to its predecessors.

GTA San Andreas - No idea why, I suppose something else granted my attention and I never returned to the game.

Final Fantasy VIII - Borrowed it from a friend, hardly played it as his constant mentioning of the game threw me off. Eventually I would borrow it again a month thereafter, finished and loved it.

Final Fantasy X-2 - Cheesy storyline derived a fair amount of hatred on my end because I found it a betrayal of the masterpiece that was FFX. I did eventually finish the game and while the storyline is horrid overall, it had moments of "laugh out loud" hilarity, a fantastic combat system and ultimately was a better game than I originally thought.

Final Fantasy XII - Quit after having acquired the first esper. The relentless dungeon crawling and horrendously paced storyline/lack of character development diminished my interest. Admittedly I have thought to offer it another opportunity. Perhaps it will have the same effect as FFX-2.

Fable II - I finished the game once before however in my subsequent file I simply lost interest due to the shallow, nigh nonexistent storyline and characters. In addition the game was so short it felt a waste given it possessed few redeeming features in comparison to say the God of War series.

Lukeydoodly said:
Mass Effect 2, Dragon age, Borderlands and others.

I can't wait till they come out, so when I get my hands on them I play them to death right away.

:(
I feel your pain mate. I opted to wait because I was originally receiving a new PC however such was delayed and I have been yearning to play ME2, DAO and FFXIII since their respective releases and constantly find myself venturing to Youtube or GameFAQS just to fill a void. Yes I spoil the special, then again I do this with almost everything.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
GTA IV. I got really bored with it, Brutal legend because I don't really like Jack Black and more recently, Darksiders. I got to a certain point and never went back to it.

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
Stopped playing GTA 4 for horrible framerates, Mercenaries 2 for bad framerate AND bad PC controls, and many others. Thankfully, I end up getting such games very cheap.

Th37thTrump3t

Nov 12, 2009
Punisher A.J. said:
Little Big planet
Shawn White snowboarding
sonic
lost odessy
final fantasy x
tales of vesp.
doa extreme 2
perfect dark zero
way of the samurai 3
Guitar hero 3 and 4
darksiders
DMC 4
bayonetta
tekken 6
soul caliber 4
brutal legend
TMNT arcade
wow
call of juarez 2
RRDX
KUF circle of doom
the last remnant
streetfighter 4
pure
full auto
midnight club L.A.
mercs 2
civilization
iron man
golden axe
fantastic 4 2
virtual fighter 5
Legend of zelda
PSU
Mario
SSBB
SW: Galaxies
Fable pub games
Uno
Monopoly
sims
Smackdown vs Raw
Madden
Castle Crashers
Alien Hominoid
Modern Warfare
Halo
Timesplitters

and tons more.
Timesplitters? That game kicks extreme ass dude!

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
I recently stopped playing Devil May Cry 4 while on my quest to finally complete it on the hardest difficulty just so I can finally remove that splinter of frustration from my brain, then I got Bayonetta and DMC suddenly looks tame by comparison; what with the lack of jump-cancel moves and all. So now I've got a bigger splinter in my brain that I can't get rid of until I've done everything and unlocked everything. (Yeah, I'm one of those gamers. Annoying, aren't I?)

ryanxm

Jan 19, 2009
the elderscrolls 3 morrowind i've played both of the add ons but i've never got farther then the 3d mission in the actual main story i dont realy know what its about....

Fostaar

Jun 11, 2009
Ghostwise said:
Haunted Herring said:
Has anyone here just stopped playing a game and never played it again? It could be unfairness, boredom, anything really. For me it was Brutal Legend with the fight against Ophelia, bloody Reapers.
Exactly where I stopped playing as well hehe. Also, I'm at the final boss of FFXIII and fought him once. Went out and got Resonance of Fate and haven't played anything since in over a week.
that game, same place. shit thats a common problem.
stopped playing brutal legend because i got dead space,
stopped playing dead space because i got motorstorm,
stopped playing motorstorm because i got prototype,
stopped playing prototype because i got borderlands,
stopped playing borderland because i got god of war 3.
still playing that last one

Stormfire Rebellion

Aug 17, 2009
Valkyrie Profile 2 is the one worth mentioning for the fact that I regret doing so. The story was very interesting, but I stopped for a while and then the friend I borrowed it from moved away and I had to give it back.

PopcornAvenger

Jul 15, 2008
Overlord 2. Thankfully it was the PS3 version, and I had just rented it.
Rise of the Argonauts, also, but I stopped playing it because it had horrendous bugs, and, to this day, they STILL haven't patched them (PC version).

So Codemasters are on the boycott list.

Master10K

Feb 12, 2010
Modern Warfare 2; just cannot be bothered to complete it on Veteran.

Half Life 2; got stuck on 1 mission and haven't played it since.

Mass Effect 2; I want to finish my 2nd play through but meh~

Medieval 2 - Total War; The damn pope in that game just gets on my bloody nerves. Why am I always being excommunicated?

Flight

Mar 13, 2010
I stopped playing Final Fantasy XII. The battle and license systems just bore me.

electronictiger

Feb 8, 2010
Dragon Age, Borderlands, COD MW2 multiplayer, and world of warcraft, though WoW might drag me back in a few months like it always does...

apelsz

Mar 15, 2010
Anything in which I play for a long time and then have to backtrack, because I died without saving, or for some plot device.

Also, Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories.