Games you've wanted for years before finaly getting them and finding out they're actually just shit.

arcstone

Dec 1, 2007
I saw Cold Fear in a store once, and I thought it looked quite interesting.
I didn't buy it, though as I didn't have any money at the time.

As time went by I would then find that it where nowhere to be seen, and I never even heard of it again before, years later, finding it used in one of those shops where you can sell your old games.
So I bought it and found out at home that it was actually quite disappointing.
It was basically just a really bad RE4 clone with awful animation, a laser sight you could barely see and a parasite thing that was pretty much just las plagua's with a diffrent name.

Are there any games you've wanted to try out for years before finally getting ahold of it and finding out that it was really just shit?

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
I don't know if this counts, but I had been looking forward to Too Human for a loooong time. Even a week before release, IG was still saying "this is going to be a great game, go get it". And then two days after it released they were all like "never mind it sucks".
I still gave it a rent, but I wish I hadn't.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Counter Strike: Condition Zero
Well, where do I start .. CZ was supposed to implement bot functionality, and I half-expected the game to include new and better improvements both graphics-wise and even, gameplay-wise, instead, CZ was CS 1.6 shipped with Bots, and a cheesy single player campaign.

Counter Strike: Source
Same as with CZ, except this time, the source engine was able to give the game a whole new feeling, but not necessarily in a good way. Slow and chubby movements, a really weird aiming system, ragdoll over death animations, still crappy bots that for some reason seem to eat your system resources like a nasty virus. They made some great improvements to the game over time, but well, there are much better FPS now.

Mercenaries 2
Oh dear gods of Kobol, this one had to be the biggest letdown in video game history. How the hell do you ship such an awesome title without polishing it? The AI? Dumber than your average dork. Lack of a cover system, no fall damage, no damage from exploding vehicles, corny vehicle controls, and so much more.

HGL: Content Patch 2.0 never came out.

And a lot, a lot of others.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Mercenaries 2 crushed my dreams under a layer of bad programming, sloppy writing, boring gameplay and it's almost complete removal of the awesome laser pointer attacks.

cas

Mar 27, 2009
Spore! I thought it was cute but they said it would be so big but it was just kinda like a bunch of lil games together. I hope the sims 3 is better :)

Kiutu

Sep 27, 2008
Halo 2. It hurt more when I learned Halo 2 fans were filled with people who never played the first. And that is when my distaste for Halo 'fans' begun. Though I use the term sarcastically, as real fans to me played the first and all campaigns and understand how lame 3 is.

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
Well this really doesn't count but i've been looking forward to Alan wake but i doubt it will ever come out :(

I say GTA 4 let me down though i can't class it as shit

Micvic709

Mar 18, 2009
I'm gonna say resistance 2. I played resistance one with my brother in law all the time, beating the whole game in one sitting. It was a really fun game with a lot of cool weapons, so naturally i was excited for resistance 2. Then the resistance 2 demo came out and i was kinda like uhh..... and then the actual resistance 2 came out. Thank god i only rented it first. I played the game and i was like eh this isn't too great. My brother in law was watching so we thought we'd do coop, only to realize the only coop was the same as that demo thing that we both played and both didn't like. I was sorely disappointed that you couldn't play the single player campaign on coop

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I wanted Fallout 3 to be good...I was so hyped that I bought the guide and everything...Then it started to bore me...

neoman10

Big Brother
Sep 23, 2008
Booze Zombie said:
Mercenaries 2 crushed my dreams under a layer of bad programming, sloppy writing, boring gameplay and it's almost complete removal of the awesome laser pointer attacks.
Micvic709 said:
I'm gonna say resistance 2. I played resistance one with my brother in law all the time, beating the whole game in one sitting. It was a really fun game with a lot of cool weapons, so naturally i was excited for resistance 2. Then the resistance 2 demo came out and i was kinda like uhh..... and then the actual resistance 2 came out. Thank god i only rented it first. I played the game and i was like eh this isn't too great. My brother in law was watching so we thought we'd do coop, only to realize the only coop was the same as that demo thing that we both played and both didn't like. I was sorely disappointed that you couldn't play the single player campaign on coop
these and spore

markstit

Mar 9, 2009
area 51: blacksite from midway, problibly the worst game I have ever played in my life. Midway made area 51 for the ps2 based on the arcade version and it was phenomenal but blacksite was awful, invisible walls, missing cut scenes, and poor voice acting.

anyone else agree?

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
pantsoffdanceoff said:
I don't know if this counts, but I had been looking forward to Too Human for a loooong time. Even a week before release, IG was still saying "this is going to be a great game, go get it". And then two days after it released they were all like "never mind it sucks".
I still gave it a rent, but I wish I hadn't.
I bought the damn thing, worst buy ever, I can't even think about it without kicking myself..*ow*.

arcstone

Dec 1, 2007
cainx10a said:
Mercenaries 2
Oh dear gods of Kobol, this one had to be the biggest letdown in video game history. How the hell do you shipped such an awesome title without polishing it? The AI? Dumber than your average dork. Lack of a cover system, no fall damage, no damage from exploding vehicles, corny vehicle controls, and so much more.
Oh, I can remember that game.

This is a game that would give me missions where I would be to enter a city, blow up two buildings, then defend a church.

Lets say the two buildings is part one and the church part two.

I was easily able to do part one without problems, but I then I died at part two.
I was then given the option of restarting the mission.
Just the game spawned me at a base about a lightyear away whilst part two of the mission had already begun.

Fuck that game. Fuck it.

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
Resistance 2, I played Resistance: Fall of Man a lot with my sister and was really disappointet to see that the sequel had no Co-op.
Micvic709 said:
I played resistance one with my brother in law all the time, beating the whole game in one sitting.
Dude... Same thing here.

Rossmallo

Feb 20, 2008
New Super Mario Bros. There's something very very wrong about a mario game that you can 100% on your first run through in less than 7 hours.