Games you've wanted for years before finaly getting them and finding out they're actually just shit.

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
Spore without a doubt. Not even close. I also stopped playing when i got into space. like okay... I'm done.

Bluntknife

Sep 8, 2008
Saphatorael said:
Half-Life 2, or whatever it's spelled.
Everybody was saying it was godly, and when I saw it in a store for only 20 euro's, I decided to buy it.
Got bored after an hour. Was expecting at least a decent game, but I just wasn't getting the orgasm everybody else was having.

Also, Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions. I loved FFT:A and FFT:A2, and I was expecting a tiny step backward since WotL is a bit older, of course... but it was way worse than I expected. I've turned to Disgaea in the meantime, where it doesn't take 5 seconds to do an attack (in FFT, it takes a whooping 7 seconds for a character to toss a rock and hit someone for a measly 10 damage, seriously. YAWN)
I agree with you partly, the begining of Half Life 2 was boring, but if you keep trucking through you'll get the orgasm and you will praise Valve for thier godlyness...I'm pretty sure they aren't human.

blaze96

Apr 9, 2008
Spore and F.E.A.R 2

Spore: what can I say that hasn't been said already.

F.E.A.R 2: What fear the game didn't honestly scare or even creep me out once.

willard3

Aug 19, 2008
Stranglehold. Looked so freaking awesome, and while it was fun for a bit, it rapidly became repetitive, frustrating, and boring. Good rental game, but nothing else.

UpSkirtDistress

Mar 2, 2009
Fable 2 Watched a trailer for it and cudn't wait 2 years later i buy it on the day it comes out trade it in with-in a week

tman_au

Mar 30, 2009
Oh where does one start! Probably the worst was Hellgate: London, it needed at least an extra year of development prior to release. Nothing but issues from the day it went beta to the day it died.

TerribleTerryTate

Feb 4, 2008
I'm gonna say Spore too. I thought it would be amazing. Played it for five minutes, took it out my PC, wiped my arse with it, and never played it again.

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
LOTR conquest. It looked really good and Pandamic promised alot of awesome stuff, but they cut back on alot of things and I was kind of disapointed

xenxander

Nov 14, 2007
UpSkirtDistress said:
Fable 2 Watched a trailer for it and cudn't wait 2 years later i buy it on the day it comes out trade it in with-in a week
I felt the same way about the first "Fable"; I only bought it seven months ago, played it for two weeks, and decided it wasn't up to the hype behind it. Now having played it, I will not even look at "Fable 2" because I feel it's going to be more of the same and I am most likely right.

Note to you out there: "Remember we're talking about games you waited to buy, not games you could get close to release date: anticipation for a long while only to find out it wasn't up to your personal taste". *whew* (well I mean some people aren't still 'getting it')...

Lothae

Mar 29, 2009
cas said:
Spore! I thought it was cute but they said it would be so big but it was just kinda like a bunch of lil games together.
Definitely Spore, it promised so much and left us with a churned mess of sub-par games.

Count_de_Monet

Nov 21, 2007
R6 Ravenshield. I loved Rogue Spear (which is not necessarily a sign of good taste in games) but Ravenshield annoyed me. The regular game was fine, I didn't get too far into it because killing bots doesn't interest me, but the multiplayer was a steaming pile of crap. I admit I had gotten used to playing Counter Strike but the guns felt completely uncontrollable even by Rogue Spear's standards. They took level complexity to an insane degree so most rounds lasted forever even if everyone was running around trying to find the other guy. In Rogue Spear this was somewhat helped by the heartbeat sensor but not in Ravenshield... Also everything was dark with muted colors so that picking people out from the scenery was almost impossible in many situations.

Pumpkin_Eater

Mar 17, 2009
FinalGamer said:
Final Fantasy VIII. I was high on RPGs, I was real young and had NO idea what Final Fantasy was really about, I thought because of the numbers it'd be continuing the story in the same world.
Where was Midgar!?!? Where's the materia!?!? WHAT THE HELL IS THIS JUNCTION SYSTEM!?!?
GOD I hate the Junction system, it's horrendously one-sided to me.
FF VIII fell into the trap of having more characters than you really needed. The ideal party consisted of two melee characters and one magic user in case you came up against something that was immune to drain, so your party is always made up of half what you need and half appendices and half dead weight that you'll eventually need to level grind for in case you get forced to use them in the last boss fight.

A big let down for me was Castlevania 64. I played it once as a rental back in the day and thought it was awesome at the time because I didn't get to play a lot of games. As an adult I saw it for sale at $5 and snapped it up only to realize 90% of the game was frustratingly difficult jump puzzles using characters that have roller skates for feet.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
'Comnemned 2'. It's not really shit, just so unbelievable inferior to the masterpiece that was 'Condemned 1'

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
I'm really worried that Prototype's gonna do this to me. It looks epic in every trailer, every gameplay video, every screenshot.
But there's that margin of error, the gloss the trailers could be applying, the posing of characters the devs could be doing in the screen shots.

Please, Prototype, don't fail...

FinalGamer

Mar 8, 2009
Xerosch said:
'Comnemned 2'. It's not really shit, just so unbelievable inferior to the masterpiece that was 'Condemned 1'
I was afraid to say this but yeah. I did not like the shift towards melee even if it's a good game, and those Saw-esque moments are kinda shit.
Pumpkin_Eater said:
A big let down for me was Castlevania 64.
That game was the first Castlevania game I ever played.
Since then I have never played any other Castlevania game. Ever. I am too tainted. THAT is how bad it was.

xenxander

Nov 14, 2007
FinalGamer said:
Xerosch said:
I was afraid to say this but yeah. I did not like the shift towards melee even if it's a good game, and those Saw-esque moments are kinda shit.
Pumpkin_Eater said:
A big let down for me was Castlevania 64.
That game was the first Castlevania game I ever played.
Since then I have never played any other Castlevania game. Ever. I am too tainted. THAT is how bad it was.
I was always a fan of the Castlevenia series; 1, 2, and 3. Symphony of the night really matched up to my expectations, so I felt that C64 would be very good right? Well fortunately I didn't 'really' buy it, merely it came with the N64 I bought off of a guy who was selling it, the N64 itself with 3 controllers, Zelda, Quest 64 as a bundle for only $150 and that was a sweet deal.

I gave C64 one week of trial and realized Castlevenia is NOT a 3D game and it should NEVER be adapted to that type of platforming. As I didn't buy the N64 until years after it had come out, you 'could' say that Quest 64 was also in this list of games I 'waited' for, because I was always a huge RPG fan and thought, "hey if i owned an N64 I think Quest 64 would be GREAT!", so in that case, Q64 is also on my list of "waited a long time for and realized it wasn't that great".

WeedWorm

Nov 23, 2008
Fallout 3 bored me after your dad dies, just lost all interest in the game entirely.
GTA IV was so amazingly dissapointing, I didnt even get off the first island.