Games you've wanted for years before finaly getting them and finding out they're actually just shit.

poptart123

Mar 26, 2009
Mario super sluggers, beat it with all the characters unlocked in less than one day. i begged for it for 6 months and got it for christmas.

Zykon TheLich

Extra Heretical!
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Country
UK
Can't say there's any games I've waited for for years but there's been a few that I was disappointed in (not saying they were shit):

RE4. Didn't like the setting change.
Final Fantasy VII. I actually liked manga/anime at the time but this began my aversion to JRPG's.
Half life. Sorry, killing aliens never will be as much fun as killing people.
Neverwinter Nights 2. Add better graphics that are somehow really ugly, remove gameplay and story. Add truckload of bugs. Genius.

Xerosch said:
WeedWorm said:
Fallout 3 bored me after ..., just lost all interest in the game entirely.
Thanks for the major spoiler.
I'm so glad I got past that bit of the game about a week ago...and I agree with weedworm, after that the story just doesn't do it for me, who gives a fuck about some stupid xxxxxDELETEDxxxxx and killing those xxxxxDELETEDxxxxx is nowhere near as much fun as killing raiders and super mutants. Reaching level 20 takes some of the fun out of it too...and there's too much ammo and equipment lying around, I was expecting to be grubbing through the ash for a couple of mags of 10mm, not leaving behind enough equipment to outfit an entire infantry battalion because I'm already loaded down with more miniguns and missile launchers than you can shake a stick at. Still a really enjoyable game, I'm just nitpicking.

zauxz

Mar 8, 2009
Assasins creed. Perhaps it was a unique game with good physics, but thats about it.

Skruff

Mar 19, 2009
It's been mentioned several times already, but the one that immediately jumps to my mind is Spore. I'd really been looking forward to the game, and I bought it on launch day.

I played about 3 hours, got bored around the 3rd phase and haven't been back since.

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
dead to rights for the ps2 ,took me a long time to get a copy and even having cheat for it the game kinda sucked , and mercs 1 was the same

Tech Team FTW!

Apr 1, 2009
well, some years before the release of GTA 4 I heard they were planning on setting it in the '70s. When I got the game, it was nowhere near as good as it should have been.

Trifer420

Mar 20, 2009
Age of Conan wasn't totally shit, but I had high expectations before it came out and wanted to get it so badly. So I guess I ruined that for myself.

Serathar

Mar 25, 2009
How the hell can you people complain about Half-Life 2 and Assassins Creed compared to the epic piles of shit out there?

Hellgate London - Had a decent trailer, everything else about it was fucking fail.
Turok - I was a fool to think this was going to be worth 50 bucks.
Age of Conan - I was drooling over this game but eventually i just started throwing up.
Resident Evil 5 - Copy, paste, fail.
The Witcher - How anyone can play this game for more than an hour is beyond me.

Why can't game developers just be fucking honest instead of jerking us around for months and leaving us in a pile of rage? Left 4 Dead delivered its promises and is freakin awesome. In fact i'm ready to barf on some noobs right now.

epicfailgamer

Mar 30, 2009
for years i whanted a comp good enough to play wow and then once i got such a comp and bought wow it turned out not to be my type of rpg game and ended up quitting 2 months after i sighned up

sokka14

Mar 4, 2009
Occarina of time.

bought OoT and windwaker together for the gamecube about a year ago. guess which one i actually enjoyed and thus spent actual TIME on it?

Moormur

Mar 24, 2009
Hmm. I had some old games for the N64 that I just adored. For whatever reason, I didn't keep many of them. 10 years later I went out and bought a few of them because for a few months I couldn't keep my mind off those good times.

Sadly, not all of them hold up.

I'm looking at you, Shadows of the Empire.

Cylem

Feb 27, 2009
Final Fantasy VII. I could deal with turn-based combat, but random encounters, just... no.

Alternatively, I waited for (and love) Portal, Okami and most Legend of Zelda games, but Final Fantasy left me a little skeptical every time I see a game that looks really fun. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of Time was ALMOST deemed really bad, but it kind of grew on me ten hours in.

"COURAGE IS THE MAGIC THAT TURNS DREAMS INTO REALITY!" *shot*

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Mass Effect, Had people tell me this game was amazing, but it frustrated and bored me. It seemed to never give me enough abilty points or whatever they where called to put in my skills and it felt unintiuitive.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009

I hated FF XII. It hardly felt like FF at all. Not talking about the real time combat, but the story was dull, the narrative was detached and I couldn't care less about most of the characters... That and the idea that everybody can do anything with little effort, and the game is almost forced to be played on automatic.

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
Banok said:
quite recently got unreal 3 for £6, I liked the previous one and I wanted it back when it was £30.
played it for about 20 mins... it is turd, I don't care what you say.
What if I said "protect the prime node"?
I absolutely hated the single player on this game. 3 levels before I had to go to hospital - I broke my jaw yawning.

Why couldn't it have been the balanced weapons, great level designed free for all fragfest that made the original so great. Vehicles don't work, and I don't want to protect anything. Switched off.

Vern said:
Closest match would be Doom 3 for me. I started playing Doom in 1994 and it and Doom 2 are still my favorite games. I was amazingly psyched for Doom 3, and when it finally came out it was amazing for the first few levels, and then I realized every level after it was exactly the same.
So true. Wow, another DOOM game? No a space FPS with shock spawning lone enemies. Terrible. Oh and using your torch and gun independently. Dumb. I'm still in the Alpha labs - no i'm not I quit.

JMeganSnow said:
I can't think of any games that I've wanted for *years*.
For me Daikatana [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daikatana].

In development forever, innovation and cutting edge graphics, hyped until the day of release. the largest anticipation to realization ratio you will ever find -
37 months waiting to around 45 mins before returning the game (includes walking to the shop and back).