Games you've wanted for years before finaly getting them and finding out they're actually just shit.

chakan

Sep 18, 2008
Final Fantasy Tactics: Advanced
After I beat FF:T, and loving every sencond of it, I was awestruck at the prospect of a sequal. Little did I know that after waiting for nearly a year to purchase it, I was to be sorely disappointed. I've a friend that loved it, and hasn't played the original, soon we're going to sit down and play that and "The Unholy War", and he will know awesome.

Seriously, both FF:T and The Unholy War are fantastic games, if a bit exploitable.

N-Sef

Jun 21, 2008
SNK VS Capcom Card Fighters DS. Yeah, not much to say here. I was really looking forward to this, and I enjoyed the first 5 or so card games I had in this game but then I found out this game blew goats. Seriously, the AI is laughably bad (and I'm talking bad), the story is garbage, the characters are no good, the Card game itself is just Magic: The Gathering Lite and Boring edition. Then I find out that this game has a crash bug in it's New Game+ which prevents you from getting the real ending and all the cards. No idea why I didn't sell this game.

Lukirre

Feb 24, 2009
WeedWorm said:
Fallout 3 bored me after - spoiler -, just lost all interest in the game entirely.
I would say Fallout 3 as well. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the game until I finished the main story line.

I thought it would be like Oblivion where you could go back and do everything you missed after saving the world and be able to look forward to praise and love from all for saving the whole water thing... but when it turns out that it just /ends/, and the way it ends...it made it hard to go back and try to complete everything else, because in the end, all it equals out to is just a way to have Gamer score.

Jay2o3

Apr 1, 2009
Fallout 3 =_=;;;;;
didn't think it's possible to screw up more than Fallout Tactics, but vola! they did it!

Imat

Feb 21, 2009
Halo for the PC...

I enjoyed Halo until it came to multiplayer (Which I realize is the only appeal nowadays). Multiplayer for the PC just didn't cut it for me. All I really enjoyed about that game was the needler and the tank. And even then I had to fool around to make it bearable. IMO I just didn't get how it was any better than CS, especially with the awful recharging HP system which tainted every game afterwords...

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
sokka14 said:
Occarina of time.

bought OoT and windwaker together for the gamecube about a year ago. guess which one i actually enjoyed and thus spent actual TIME on it?
No idea!

Brawl, waited for it for 2 years getting hyped up more and more and ended screwing it up the ass! Same with the latest Mario Kart, shit gameplay and just about every level was in Mario Kart 64.

Kalico Lynx

Dec 21, 2008
Again, Spore.

It was fun for a few hours. Really disappointing considering I still have Sims2 installed.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
there are a few games that come the mind but probably the ones that stand out the most are mercinaries 2, stalker and halo 3

mercinaries 2 since it was buggy as hell, each of the chars was totaly interchangable (yawn) and the giant mechanical crab syndrom was every where in it. traded it in 2 days after getting it won it just because

stalker.... just could not get into it no matter how hard I tried, got past the first area then ththththhthppp, couldnt bring myself to do anymore, still on the shelf, maybe someday

halo 3, I liked halo 3, Ive always enjoyed the halo single player and I liked the single player in halo 3 too but I was one of thoes ppl who went for the legendary edition, so I sent the cost of 2 games on one game with half the single player that I was really hoping for

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Kiutu said:
Halo 2. It hurt more when I learned Halo 2 fans were filled with people who never played the first. And that is when my distaste for Halo 'fans' begun. Though I use the term sarcastically, as real fans to me played the first and all campaigns and understand how lame 3 is.
Well, it got better as it started to pretty much rehash Halo 1 gameplay. Except it was more awesomer and prettier.
Then I got to the snowy level, which made me squee for several minutes. I loved the snowy levels. So, I infiltrate one structure, like in the one of the scenes of Assault on the Control Room... And then the game ends.
Just ends.

Oh yeah, and Time Splitters 2.

captvimes

Mar 31, 2009
I had forgotten about DOOM3 yes.

More recently GTA 4, It was OK but I expected so much more after Vice City and San Andreas. It seemed half finished to me with so much missing from previous games, I know they did a rewrite of the game engine but should have taken longer over it IMO.

The Steel Ninja

Mar 31, 2009
Final Fantasy V. After hearing about how FUCKING METAL the game was for years, I finally got a chance to play it in one of those FF Anthologies...OK, PS1's crappy loading times aside (ignoring that because that's the fault of poor hardware more than anything), I didn't see what everyone was so pumped about. The characters were more wooden than a redwood, the plot was the same recycled "get the crystals" garbage that was executed much better in FFIV, and leveling up classes was tedious and unrewarding. Also, Ex-Death has to be the stupidest villain name ever.

0thello

Apr 2, 2009
Final Fantasy 8...

The Junction system is tiresome, the characters are 2dimensional and well and truly its just boring imo.

WeedWorm

Nov 23, 2008
Lukirre said:
WeedWorm said:
Fallout 3 bored me after - spoiler -, just lost all interest in the game entirely.
I would say Fallout 3 as well. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the game until I finished the main story line.

I thought it would be like Oblivion where you could go back and do everything you missed after saving the world and be able to look forward to praise and love from all for saving the whole water thing... but when it turns out that it just /ends/, and the way it ends...it made it hard to go back and try to complete everything else, because in the end, all it equals out to is just a way to have Gamer score.
I wish I was even arsed to get that far.
Also, Opeth are awesome.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Halowars. at first it seemed ok. then *bungie's* mistakes started to show and it wanted to be played in a 360, claiming it was a dvd. I won't touch it now. I took it back.
Also Overlord, which my friend had. I finally bought it. I only played it 4-5 times, and never looked at it again.

TimTImNL

Jan 14, 2009
Mercs2 shitty fuck EA . cause all that makes it shitty could been dealt with with EA didnt push pandemic for the specified date one more month and we had a decent game